PDA

View Full Version : Humboldt Bay Area?

Gynecologist
08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Recently got a job offer, over in The Humboldt bay area. If I took the job, I would be working at the hospital there, St.Joseph and Redwood Memorial hospital.

My question, is that is North Cal area, or north bay area pot friendly? I know I've seen a thread earlier, about humboldt county, being 420 festibles, and all that fun stuff.

Also, wondering if it's easy to get a medical card in north cal. Reason being, is I have tension and pain in my hands, and back. And I have an anxiety issue, that I had for years, and I still do.

Thanks.

west coast style
08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes, Humboldt County area is probably the BEST place in California that is pot-friendly. A LOT of California's marijuana comes straight from Humboldt. It's pretty easy to get your doctor's recommendation here in California. You just need your medical records from your personal doctor. Explain to the pot-friendly doctor out here your medical situation, and that's pretty much all you need.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Gynecologist
08-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes, Humboldt County area is probably the BEST place in California that is pot-friendly. A LOT of California's marijuana comes straight from Humboldt. It's pretty easy to get your doctor's recommendation here in California. You just need your medical records from your personal doctor. Explain to the pot-friendly doctor out here your medical situation, and that's pretty much all you need.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Aye, thank you. I'm new to the medical Marijuana stuff.

Also, once I get my records, I go to a pot-friendly doctor and just explain to him? Is their any age requirments at all? Also, once you get the reccomendation, do you take a picture? or get finger printed to get the id card. Sorry, I'm new to the whole thing.

west coast style
08-12-2008, 09:36 PM
No problemo. The more questions you ask, the more you'll be able to learn!

Here's a list of pot-friendly doctors in the state of California:

CA NORML Medical Marijuana Information (http://www.canorml.norml.net/prop/215physicians.html)

Once you make an appointment, make sure to bring in your medical records, your new California ID/DL (as a form of proof of residency), and whatever the amount of the consultation fee (my doctor charged $150, I've heard anything from $90-200 as a rough estimate). The age requirement is 18 years old, unless there are special circumstances for younger patients (need guardian/parents approval, obviously).

Once you get to the doctor's office, they have you fill out a little questionnaire. Basically describing your medical situation and how cannabis has helped your daily lifestyle. Then you finally get to speak with the doctor. This is when you explain how cannabis helps you and why you need it. This is when you should be up front about your cannabis usage. Keep in mind, these doctors already have an open mind to cannabis so there is really nothing to hide.

As far as taking a picture and whatnot, that's if you're getting a card. When you go see a doctor, all they'll give you is a doctor's recommendation for the usage of medical marijuana. And that's all you really need: your doctor's recommendation and California ID.

If you really want the card (the ID cards are totally voluntary - not mandatory), either get it through the OCBC/PIDC in Oakland:

Welcome to PIDC's Home Page (http://www.rxcbc.org/)

OR

from the State:

Medical Marijuana Program (http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/MMP/Pages/default.aspx)

Personally, I'd go with the OCBC card because it's cheaper and you don't have to wait to get it. If you go the OCBC way, you just go to their Oakland office, have your doc's rec verified, take a picture, and they'll print out a card for you right there. Along with giving you a list of all the coops/dispensaries in California.

You can also go the MediCann (http://www.medicannusa.com/) way. This will kill two birds with one stone, because you can go see a MediCann doctor, PLUS they will provide you with their doc's rec AND their own identification card with your picture and everything. Also, I heard they recently teamed up with the OCBC so now the OCBC recognizes MediCann recs.

I've never heard of getting any fingerprints, though.

Hope this helps!

Gynecologist
08-12-2008, 09:41 PM
That has helped alot, thank you kind sir. :]

But I'm sorry for coming off as a nooby, at this stuff. I'm used to not being legal and all that fun stuff, thanks man.

west coast style
08-12-2008, 09:43 PM
It's all good, dude. We all had to start somewhere. I just got my card in April, and it's been Heaven ever since. =)

bayareapurps
08-14-2008, 10:48 PM
DONT LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE.... HUMBOLT ISNT CLOSE TO bay area it's like 3 hours up north from bay area.... I WOULD GET YOUR STATE CARD OVER COUNTY CARD ANYDAY.... cost more but protects u from goin to jail and keeping your medicine.... and your can go to any club in cali

west coast style
08-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Dude, what's your problem? I never even said it was close to the Bay Area. And typing in caps to get your point across is pretty lame.

Protects you from going to jail? They all protect you from going to jail.

bayareapurps
08-17-2008, 06:11 AM
actually if you only have your county card it means you can only smoke in that county... or city card.... like oakland card u can only smoke in oakland. frisco means only frisco..... and if u get pulled over in your car then u are only covered in that county... yeah your perscription will cover you for your illness... if you get oulled over with a county card the cop can take your weed n take you to jail just for the hassel till they clear everything up... but your state card protects you from hp... and state police...

DrGreen
08-18-2008, 03:42 PM
A recent appeals court ruled that SB420 was Unconstitutional, especially with regards to possession and growing limitation or minimums.......that is a MATTER between you and your doctor. Its important to indicate your usage of MJ, on your Medical Application with the Doctor..

The Attorney General for Cali is putting together a "Guide" for law enforcement and city/county MJ legislation BUT the California Supreme Court is taking a case with disputes any restrictions or limitation on possession and growing....again, I expect it to be finally treated like any Prescription Medicine and regulated by the State Board of Pharmacy...which is were it should be...

inbud
08-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Humbolt County is also a real nice place to live. Besides all the growers there ...you have some of the most beautiful Redwoods anywhere in the world. If it didnt rain so much i would live there. As it is i live the County next to Humbolt....and i wont even go into how the fishing off the coast there is great. The Dunes for ATV riding are awesome too.....just a quick one hour from Eureka and you can be in Gold Country. I am thinking of Retiring there, tho it rains and rains and rains....but when it doesent.....beautiful does not do the area justice.