PDA

View Full Version : CA: Oakdale rules out medical marijuana dispensaries

Psycho4Bud
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Fearing the city could become a magnet for medical marijuana dispensaries, and the criminal element the police chief says comes with them, the City Council has voted 4-0 to ban the businesses.

Police Chief Marty West said Oakdale joins Modesto, Riverbank, Ceres and Turlock in banning dispensaries.

The city hasn't received a request to open a dispensary, West noted. It would only be a matter of time before a request arrived, he said, because of the bans in neighboring cities.

West said dispensaries would damage Oakdale's quality of life by inviting criminals, vagrants and other bad elements into the city in hopes of selling, buying or in some other way getting a piece of the marijuana business.

He cited reams of reports from law enforcement across the state detailing assaults, robberies and home invasions, all of which he attributed to the presence of medical marijuana dispensaries.

Assaults and robberies also occur near bars and liquor stores, but West added that dispensing marijuana violates federal law. State law allows residents with medical marijuana cards to buy and consume it, but West said federal law trumps state law.

While a hot topic in some cities, the issue virtually went without notice in Oakdale. No one spoke for or against the proposal during Monday's public hearing.
The Modesto Bee | Oakdale rules out medical marijuana dispensaries (http://www.modbee.com/local/story/382766.html)

Hard to believe that nobody spoke out for this.:confused: Maybe a hidden agenda in the meeting? If not, we're not trying hard enough my friends.

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

215helpsme
08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
It can be scary to be a patient in the central valley of california. Prop 215 unfriendly zone for sure. It's a shame because affordable medicine is a 3 hr drive away to san francisco. I sympathize with all medical patients in the central valley and encourage you to grow your own, just watch out for those helicopters that seem to patrol most of the central valley 24/7..

dont support the dealerrs
:jointsmile:

veggii
08-09-2008, 01:45 AM
dont support the dealerrs
:jointsmile:
the police and city officials who have taken upon their selves to VIOLATE state law prop215 and not allow legal and safe access to the medicine.
created jobs for the ??? thats rite you guessed it, drug dealing criminals.
thats just peer & utter ignorance. I'b be ashamed if were them.
to protect and serve in the communities best interest ya rite!!!

mymeds215
08-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Well they both have simular moto's
"Protect and Serve"-"Collect and Serve"...
however what would classify a "dealer" to you...? And who are the real "criminals"?

I recently had helped a valley patient get out of Santa Rita, due to possesion of over a oz. in Berkley on a "pass due" card which is expired. However who is to say he or she are not Qualified patients under SB-420 still? What happened to Berkley's Low Priority regarding medical cannabis?

Funny that I found this subject after joining again for probably the 3rd time in years...Just so many forum sites for cannabis not sure which one...however which better than cannabis.com