PDA

View Full Version : Question about a young man trying to get a Cannibis Card

inyoureye
08-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Hello, I have a few questions about getting a cannibis card. I am a young man, 19 years old. All of the reasons for me needing medical marijuana come from the effects of my job, working for my parents. And they are as follows:

1. I work in the hot sun all day, doing this often makes me feel ill, gives me migraines and makes it hard for me to eat.

2. I am constantly walking, climbing on peoples roofs, and crawling through attics. This gives me bad joint and muscle aches. Especially in my knees.

Although my parents do, I don't believe that my doctor would approve of medical marijuana. If I was to go to a group such a MediCann, would they take me serious as a young man, and would they dismiss me because my needs are caused by my career? Would they tell me to just quit my job? This is not a reasonable option for myself as I would like to take over the business some day.

the image reaper
08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
simply put, there are 'Doctors' in California, that will give anyone a marijuana recommendation just for having a fart stuck sideways :wtf: ... just depends which one you choose ...

west coast style
08-06-2008, 04:32 PM
First, it's spelled cannabis.

Second, you should always try your own personal doctor first. What's the worse that can happen if he/she doesn't approve of medical marijuana? You may be surprised.

If you're really set on going to MediCann, then call them up. You'll still need medical records describing your problems. So either way, you're gonna have to see your doctor or go to one of those free clinics and get checked up. If you can't get records, then MediCann will have one of their doctors inspect you to make sure you aren't BSing.

They won't turn anyone down just because of the person's age. They will turn someone down if it doesn't seem like medical marijuana is a necessary medication for his or her problems.

veggii
08-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi I suggest you give this a read:

http://boards.cannabis.com/medical-marijuana-news/151845-text-compassionate-use-act-1996-prop-215-a.html

as you did'nt list any conditions that qualify you as a patient,
what you listed is everyday normal stuff ....:wtf:

skunkgrower
08-10-2008, 03:18 PM
[I]ts easy to get a card Nor Cal health care in Oakland will help u out go in talk to the dr. and he will evaluate your condition then u pay $125. Then walk down to the occ and pay$30 now u r there. Plan to spend sometime there on saturdays the wait is well over and hour.:rasta:

theforthdrive
08-11-2008, 12:49 AM
i got mine from medicann. the doctor literally spent more time talkin about what she wanted to name her kids than my ailments. I wouldnt worry about it...whats the worse that happens, she says no! and if you bring something from your primary care doctor that says you have a qualified ailment.... there wont even be a discussion.