PDA

View Full Version : Help picking a city

GoinBak2Cali
07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
I want to move to California. I hate the fear I live with in my current state. I can pick any of these cities/area because of my job. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback, positive or negative about any of these places. Where is the most pot friendly? I live in Florida and have never been to California. I want to take a trip in a bout a month and half and check out as many places as possible. These are my choices for my industry:
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!:jointsmile:

Bakersfield
Brentwood
Chico
Fresno
Modesto
Santa Rosa
Sacramento
Morgan Hill
Ontario
Escondido
Temecula
Valencia
Corona
Glendale
Palm Springs
Palmdale
Malibu
Orange County
Riverside
San Bernadino
San Fernando Valley
Pasadena
Simi Valley
Long Beach
Temecula
Thousand Oaks
Upland
Valencia
West Covina

flakeyfoont
07-24-2008, 12:28 AM
in case you don't stay home and decide to still move here, what type of surroundings do you want? living in chico will be a lot different than living in palm springs.

aside from the geography, people are also different. people in norCal don't even want us soCalers moving there.

it really sucks in soCal, but it's a great place to live.

GoinBak2Cali
07-24-2008, 03:07 AM
in case you don't stay home and decide to still move here, what type of surroundings do you want? living in chico will be a lot different than living in palm springs.

aside from the geography, people are also different. people in norCal don't even want us soCalers moving there.

it really sucks in soCal, but it's a great place to live.

Great question and thank you for the productive reply. I would prefer not crowded, I hate traffic. Other than that I just want to live in less fear of prosecution for growing 5 plants.

growinforthefuture
07-24-2008, 08:10 PM
go norcal for sure. it is way to fuckin hot in socal, and most of the most grow-friendly counties are situated up north. seems like you wanna live in socal though. temecula and riverside is full of a bunch of heroin addicts and coke heads. so is alot of the rest of socal, norcal is a much more laid back lace with i'd say a higher percentage of peole involved int he whole cannabis thing. Santa Cruz, lake Tahoe area and the sierras, san francisco, sonoma county, lake county, and of course Humboldt and Mendocino are all nice.. the entire north coast is cool, redwoods and all. from what you listed i'd guess i would try to settle somewhere outside of Sacramento, because sac Town is alot bigger than you might think, (think miami metro) It is also very hot. from the list you gave i think you might find Santa Cruz to be perfect although it wasn't on there, on the beach, good grow guidleines, nice and warm but not blistering like the inland low elevation areas

MVP
07-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Santa Rosa is in Sonoma County which is relatively close to the Bay Area (San Fran, Oakland, etc) and yet has more favorable housing prices and MMJ cultivation laws than most other counties in Cali. Just BE SURE to get your doctor note and OBEY the laws. ;)

Here is a link to help you >>>> Local Medical Marijuana Guidelines (http://www.safeaccessnow.net/countyguidelines.htm)

GoinBak2Cali
07-25-2008, 03:25 AM
Santa Rosa is in Sonoma County which is relatively close to the Bay Area (San Fran, Oakland, etc) and yet has more favorable housing prices and MMJ cultivation laws than most other counties in Cali. Just BE SURE to get your doctor note and OBEY the laws. ;)

Here is a link to help you >>>> Local Medical Marijuana Guidelines (http://www.safeaccessnow.net/countyguidelines.htm)

Thanks guys! I am looking at Sacramento and Santa Rosa as possibilities. I am checking out that link, thanks!

levis315
07-25-2008, 06:01 AM
stay away from the desert (san bernadino) at all cost. nothing but meth tweakers up there. i live in the valley and love it. it all depends on what you like to do (beach, shopping, outdoor activities, etc..) don't let these people scare you saying that you won't make it moving out here. I moved from chicago when I was 18 and have been able to support myself and successfully pursue my passions. Counties up north are much more grower-friendly, such as humbolt, redding, sac-town.

best of luck

bayareapurps
08-15-2008, 01:21 AM
before u make a big mistake.... the best city would be MORGAN HILL.... south bay area... close to san jose... and in santa clara county... u can have 6 plants per card member..... they are behind prop 215... n u are soooo close to OAKLAND, SAN FRANCISCO the best clubs anywhere in the states....

warriorbuds
09-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Late reply cuz i just joined the site. Im not sure if you moved yet?? But i live in hesperia & i lived in riverside and orange county. Orange county has nice weather besides the summer, but ur about 15 min from the beach, TOPS. Im not to sure if ur planning on growin outdoors or like in a grow box? Im not too sure about goin up to northern cali cuz its mostly wiggers & im not sure if ull be comfortable wit all that, especially comin from florida.

dankkevin
09-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Hot girls of all sorts, colours, and sizes !! the sun is bright and strong from febuary - december. come grow fat kush plants !!. a lot of good schools too !
for the most busy city id say San Fernando Valley wins. Covina and Ie areas are filled with meth heads. Simi valley is just hott desert like land. Just mountains and dirt. Off roaders dream backyard.

djnate
09-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Just know what your getting into moveing out here. The cost of living in cali is alot, especially in NorCal. Traffic gets worse every year, our air quality is horrendous, our gas prices are useually the highest in the country, overpopulation is fast becomming an issue in SoCal with all the immigration and we have alot of STUPID drivers! You can't go more than a year or two without getting read-ended by some 16 year old biotch driving daddys lexus.

Although with the economy in the state it's in now, it's a buyers market as far as real estate is concerned.

And there are definatly certain areas you might wanna stay away from, especially depending on your race. Oakland is not a good place to be if your white and well off. And as someone else pointed out, avoid inland/desert areas well known for there crime/methlabs. San Bernandino, Riverside, Lakeside, Temecula, Bakersfield ect... ect...

I'd suggest looking up "SB 420" on google. You can find specific cities and there own regulations on marijuana cards. Each city/county is different, some allow only 8 ounces, some a pound, and in some instances, theres no limit. Just gotta find the right spots :)

Also take into account what you like to do, do you enjoy hot weather and surfing waves on the beach? Do you like hot women wearing bikinis with no tan lines? Or do you like to snowboard in the winter?

Cali, love it and h8 it!

leadmagnet
09-28-2008, 07:13 PM
It seems to me that many of the opinions in these types of "where to move" threads reflect more bigotry and ignorance than cogent thought. Do you like to be around a lot of people in a city environment or do you like the country? How important is temperature to you? Yes, the deserts can be brutal in the summertime. However, the rest of the year is downright hospitable and you don't have humankind breathing down your neck.

Tweakers and meth labs exist pretty much across the board regardless of whether you live on the coast or inland. Frankly, I don't have any bigger problem with them than I do with skid row alcoholics. They're all a pain in the keister. The folks who seem to harp most on tweakers are the drug bigots who assume that their drug of choice is so much better than anyone else's. (And no, I'm not a cheerleader for speed; or alcohol for that matter). To say that the desert communities have a higher rate per capita of tweakers and labs than anywhere else is simply ignorant, uninformed, and bigoted.

Keep in mind your priority is going to be work; assuming you're not independently wealthy or happy living out of a tent and eating pork and beans three meals a day. The job market sucks all over right now but the cost of living is usually much lower in the desert communities where at least you might be able to get a foot hold if you have some kind of financial income already in place (SSI, pension, etc).

Remember, the WHOLE STATE is a medical cannabis state. Yeah, we have problems county to county particularly as it relates to dispensary and co-op issues. SO GROW YOUR OWN. Soon there will be so many home grow operations, well, to qoute Peter Gabriel...

You can blow out a candle
But you can't blow out a fire
Once the flames begin to catch
The wind will blow it higher

Lead

DiscoLies
09-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Be warned: Northern California and Southern California differ dramatically. You should compare your choices on a pro & con sheet or something like that.

CaliGreens
10-01-2008, 08:59 AM
I've lived in the bay area for years and I moved to about two years ago. san diego in socal. I think norcal is a lot more relaxed than socal. But, in socal there is always something going down. I prefer sd over norcal any day. In norcal trees are usually way better.