PDA

View Full Version : VaporBros, preventing stuff sucking through?

melodious fellow
07-20-2008, 04:44 PM
So far I have tried trimming a screen and implanting it in the end of the hose near the mouthpiece...

Currently am trying a folded strip of paper to use as a roach type screen...

I just hate when that brown hash-like material that collects inside the hose keeps getting in my mouth and lungs.. I have actually accidentally inhaled it on a few occasions... yuk

help

peace

Storm Crow
07-20-2008, 06:07 PM
You cleaned your VB? Wash the glass out with vodka! Makes it look new again! And maybe you could get a new (and longer) hose?-

Granny:hippy:

AspenGrow
07-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Never had that problem, but after every bag (usually around a half an oz.) I soak mine in alcohol and make some ISO hash. Good stuff, especially in the bong!

partcleguy
07-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Damn man! I've never had that happen and I let a looot of brown resin collect in my hose (which is also what she said? nah that's lame). I mean I smoked daily for at least 6 months and that never happened.

The solution is definitely to just clean it. That 420 cleaner solution works great, but I'm pretty sure its just salt and strong rubbing alcohol. Just rubbing alcohol works alright, but you have to rinse it a ton of times...

katyowns
07-22-2008, 02:57 AM
I use an unraveled coathanger and scrape the resin from the tube. It comes out very much like a brown version of blonde hash, and I like to put it on top of bowls and smoke it. It gets me more fucked up than straight vaping.

schighguy
07-22-2008, 06:11 PM
I use an unraveled coathanger and scrape the resin from the tube. It comes out very much like a brown version of blonde hash, and I like to put it on top of bowls and smoke it. It gets me more fucked up than straight vaping.

hmm, thats interesting.

I know in normal pipes/bongs the resin is fuckin disgusting because of all the nasty toxins coupled with the water and flames. Vapor resin doesnt contain all that nasty shit. I dont see why it wouldnt be good to smoke?

katyowns
07-23-2008, 03:06 AM
hmm, thats interesting.

I know in normal pipes/bongs the resin is fuckin disgusting because of all the nasty toxins coupled with the water and flames. Vapor resin doesnt contain all that nasty shit. I dont see why it wouldnt be good to smoke?

Thank god It's nothing like pipe resin, which I think is disgusting to be honest. It reminds me of the keef that chambered grinders collect.

schighguy
07-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Thank god It's nothing like pipe resin, which I think is disgusting to be honest. It reminds me of the keef that chambered grinders collect.

keef? that is actually a pleasure to smoke! They sell it at medical clubs just like they do hash. Keef works especially well in vaporizers! Trust me on that

Storm Crow
07-24-2008, 05:49 PM
I would worry that the wire would scratch the glass. I use bamboo BBQ skewers- get them at the Dollar store (also good for LSTing plants). I remove the screen and poke the goo toward the small end. When I find that goo is too gooey, I mix it with a little finely powdered bud to thicken it. And it is FAR superior to resin! - Granny:hippy:

katyowns
07-24-2008, 07:17 PM
keef? that is actually a pleasure to smoke! They sell it at medical clubs just like they do hash. Keef works especially well in vaporizers! Trust me on that

yeah, i agree, the stuff from the vape tube is a pleasure also.

I would worry that the wire would scratch the glass. I use bamboo BBQ skewers- get them at the Dollar store (also good for LSTing plants). I remove the screen and poke the goo toward the small end. When I find that goo is too gooey, I mix it with a little finely powdered bud to thicken it. And it is FAR superior to resin! - Granny:hippy:

I'm talking about the stuff that gathers in the tube portion,, not the whip portion. I've never smoked the stuff from the whip.