PDA

View Full Version : lookin' for a vaporizer

flakeyfoont
07-20-2008, 03:20 PM
i'm planning on buying my first vaporizer. i like the simple look of the vapor bros., but like the idea of a digital readout for the temp.

i was also looking at the Vapir Mini Oxygen Vaporizer 2.0, which seems really cool because of the small size, plus it portable so i could take it camping. this is most likley the one i'd pick if it's a good product.

any recommendations would be appreciated. i'd like to keep it around $150.00 or below. and i like simplicity and compactness.

also i'm kind of a lightweight, about 2-4 hits gets me where i want to be. that's usually a small bowlfull. does a vaporizer work OK with small amounts?

thanks i advance.

flakeyfoont
07-20-2008, 09:46 PM
nobody knows huh? i figured someone here had a opinion.

i found this video on how to make a light bulb vaporizer. i made one to hold me over 'till i can find someone to give me some feedback about a commercial one. the homemade light bulb vap. works real good. i made mine a little simpler then the one in the vid.

instead of taping the cut off part of the bottle on the end of the bulb, i just built the threaded part up with enough electrical tape (about 3-4 wraps) so the bottle cap screws on. it's a very good fit.

the only neg. is you need to pay close attention to your heat source, as to keep the contents from burning. definatly worth the few minutes it takes to put this together.

Marijuana Video: The Homemade Lightbulb Vaporizer Video (http://www.waytoomany.com/vids/weed/homemadevap.php)

Breukelen advocaat
07-20-2008, 10:01 PM
There is a comprehensive selection of threads about Vaoporizers, categorized as "Vaporizer Lounge", under Medical Marijuana Methods.

P.S. say hi for me to the Natch!

flakeyfoont
07-20-2008, 10:07 PM
thanks, i'll check it out.

L Rag
07-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah bro definitely get a vape aye. I've got a vapor daddy or some shit myself, works fine and has done for about 3 or 4 months, no problems so far... And yeah, you don't need much bud - it's more economical than smoking, and you don't need to vape a huge bowl or anything. gl bro

kingjustin
07-21-2008, 02:32 AM
I got a $50 vape off ebay and it works like a gem. Free grinder too.

partcleguy
07-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Check out this place for a good selection of vaporizers: vaporstore.com. I got the vaporbox deluxe hands-free model. I got it off ebay for about $100 when it goes for about $150 retail. Its been going strong for 2+ years and it has a lifetime warranty on the heating element. Its not portable or artsy, but its a great one for the durability and quality.... good luck!

schighguy
07-22-2008, 06:13 PM
i'm planning on buying my first vaporizer. i like the simple look of the vapor bros., but like the idea of a digital readout for the temp.

i was also looking at the Vapir Mini Oxygen Vaporizer 2.0, which seems really cool because of the small size, plus it portable so i could take it camping. this is most likley the one i'd pick if it's a good product.

any recommendations would be appreciated. i'd like to keep it around $150.00 or below. and i like simplicity and compactness.

also i'm kind of a lightweight, about 2-4 hits gets me where i want to be. that's usually a small bowlfull. does a vaporizer work OK with small amounts?

thanks i advance.
if you want a portable and concealable vaporizer, you will not be dissapointed with the oxygen. Get a car adapter if you have a car.

flakeyfoont
07-23-2008, 12:26 AM
i definatly will be ordering the oxygen. most reviews are good. i like it mostly for the portability. i do lots of outdoor stuff, mostly were there's no power. i'll be getting the batt pack, with it. so far the best price is at vapor giant, only because you get a grinder and some other herb. money wise, all places are about the same.

thanks for the help guys. i'm hooked on vaping. even as crude as my light bulb is it works really good. having a regulated heat source should make things a nicer. i did find out that a gas stove works better than a bic.

onward

ursine
08-08-2008, 01:32 AM
I just got the Easy Vape from gotvape.com and its the best invest I have ever made. I like it because you hit it instead of it just blowing all the smoke out like the Vapir.

trancefusion5
08-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Ive got the oxygen mini along with a few others and if stealth is your thing it works great for that. I would always put it in a fast food cup and have the end coming out like a straw. The only thing i dont really like about mine is that you cant get very big hits (on mine anyway). Its always seemed to me that the intake holes are not big enough, i think there is only three if i can remember right. Its been a while since ive used it. My favorite is the herbalaire and it has been ever since i bought it. I always wish i had bought it before the other two. The third one i have is the vapir one and it leaks alot! Ive had to put tape around almost the entire thing. So as you can imagine this one and the mini dont get much use anymore. the herbalaire goes for 250$ I think but it may have gone down. I got mine of thebay for 150$ i think was around the final bid, its been over a year and still works great!

Hope this helps.

AnEpicMelody
08-09-2008, 11:31 PM
There's a head shop near me, all their vapes and pieces are 50% off, ALL the time. I got a 200 dollar vape for 100 bucks, even nick-named it Darth Vapor. Lame, but it's gets a laugh. Anyways, it works great with small amounts, just gotta let em' warm up. Also, a smaller amount in a vape will usually get you higher than if you just smoked it from a piece, depending on how high you set the heat.

anbesol
08-10-2008, 12:00 AM
NATURAL GOODS VAPE. hands down!

SAP420
08-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Actually.. I have the vapir one Version 5.0 and it doesn't leak at all really. They fixed alot of the issues with the older models. Now there is a faster heating element and better fan and they put a thicker seal on the drawer so it doesn't leak out at all any more really. I love the vapir! Good vape for the money. Anyone ever use the volcano.. and if so.. is it worth the high price tag??

trancefusion5
08-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Actually.. I have the vapir one Version 5.0 and it doesn't leak at all really. They fixed alot of the issues with the older models. Now there is a faster heating element and better fan and they put a thicker seal on the drawer so it doesn't leak out at all any more really. I love the vapir! Good vape for the money. Anyone ever use the volcano.. and if so.. is it worth the high price tag??

Thats cool! Ive never used the 5.0. I think the one i have is either 3.0 or 4.0 but its been a while. It makes since that they would fix it up though cuz when i use mine i can just watch the vape leak out of any little crack. Ive had it for a long time now and i dont remember it being as bad when i first got it but even with tape all over it I cant seem to fix the problem...

Ive used the volcano and i think its worth it if you have the money but if you dont have it im sure you can find something for half the price that works almost if not as good. I use the herbalaire and its been called the mini volcano. It works so good they say you can take the spent herb form any other vape and still get two bags out of it in the herbalaire (they even said you could do it with the volcano but ive never tried). Ive used the spent herb from my other 2 vapes that arent as efficient and its always worked great!

MedicineIsGood
09-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I have a volcano and a vapor bros. The volcano just plain out kicks ass and is extremely convenient to use at home, but not from your car....but medicating in your car isn't the best idea. Cleaning and using while heavily medicated is super easy and safe. I think what makes it so good is the controlled air and temp which combine to equal consistency.

The vapor bros on the other hand, is much more complicated to use when you're medicated, not even half as efficient as the volcano and consistency stinks without a lot of practice. Its not that hard to operate, but of course once you've tried a volcano, everything else just seems more complicated than they need to be. If anyone's interested in a vapor bros in OC, I'm willing to sell mine or trade it for something. However, its just the main unit, no whip. Send me a message on my_space under the same name.