PDA

View Full Version : By GOD, MAN, what are we done!?

TurnyBright
07-11-2008, 07:51 AM
My apologies for the necessity of your counter-interruption. The delight I claim from that situation reads

If you chose to remain uninterrupted (by not succumbing to that subconscious lete to click this thread and so be interrupted), then , ironically, the apology applies. This is because the uninterrupted forum-browser is utterly free of necessity of any counter-interruption. Indeed, the uninterrupted one mourns that necessity which is dead, dying, gone. Sorry.

I tried to pique the curiosity and indirectly the necessity for counter-interruption with a grapply and glaring Title. The uinterupted will, of course, move along and interupt themselves in other ways (but none more satisfying to me right now as this)

Dont take that to mean the title isn't relevant.

GOD

MAN

LOVE

LIFE

PAIN

DEATH

UNDERSTAND

MIND

GOOD

EVIL

those are a bunch of words, it would make a really interesting thread if you guys would do your best to each of them (without using any of the words on the list in the definitions).

So if you feel like furthering your interruption throw a though of yours my way, in the form of a definition of one of those words.

PS. try defining these ones for fun

What
Who
When
Why
Should
Could

Stoner Shadow Wolf
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
GOD
creates
MAN
to
LOVE
and learn
LIFE,

PAIN,
and
DEATH.
all this is to
UNDERSTAND
the
MIND
and
GOOD
versus
EVIL

What-noun query, thing
Who-noun query, person
When-time query
Why-divine query
Should-opinion
Could-fact

i'll add where-noun query, place.

GreenDestiny
07-11-2008, 10:18 PM
How?

Stoner Shadow Wolf
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
how - circumstance query.

RESiNATE
07-25-2008, 09:46 AM
So, was the original post meant as a type of game?
Word linking?
Or was it meant as an excercise in vocabularistic aptitude?

I'm confused :wtf:

If the former is true, then the reply by Stoner Shadow Wolf is very succinct...although I did 'frown' slightly at the ending bit (lol)

If the latter purpose was sought, then I'll give it a bash (lol)

God: in my opinion - undefinable. The reason being that 'God', in its literal meaning, is an entity that exists outside of our dimension. Therefore, how can we possibly hope to understand it, less define it?

Actually, thats as far as i wanted to go, because time is against me and I just wanted to get that bit off my chest:thumbsup:

Res...

Iyaman
07-31-2008, 03:56 PM
GOD
creates
MAN
to
LOVE
and learn
LIFE,

no
Man
created
GOD
to
LOVE
and answer questions to
LIFE
which we didnt understand.

Stoner Shadow Wolf
08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
no
Man
created
GOD
to
LOVE
and answer questions to
LIFE
which we didnt understand.

except none of the questions are truly answered, therefore, from a mystic point of view, it is god who has the lack of understanding of life, despite *his* supposed omniscience, *he* cannot understand himself, and creates us to run through experience scenarios to further his own understanding of the universe.

We're the sims!

from your point of view, described in your response that is, man created god because we are afraid to love the life we dont understand, and use god as an excuse to think we understand something we do not.

vej33
08-03-2008, 02:24 PM
My apologies for the necessity of your counter-interruption. The delight I claim from that situation reads

If you chose to remain uninterrupted (by not succumbing to that subconscious lete to click this thread and so be interrupted), then , ironically, the apology applies. This is because the uninterrupted forum-browser is utterly free of necessity of any counter-interruption. Indeed, the uninterrupted one mourns that necessity which is dead, dying, gone. Sorry.

I tried to pique the curiosity and indirectly the necessity for counter-interruption with a grapply and glaring Title. The uinterupted will, of course, move along and interupt themselves in other ways (but none more satisfying to me right now as this)

Dont take that to mean the title isn't relevant.

GOD

MAN

LOVE

LIFE

PAIN

DEATH

UNDERSTAND

MIND

GOOD

EVIL

those are a bunch of words, it would make a really interesting thread if you guys would do your best to each of them (without using any of the words on the list in the definitions).

So if you feel like furthering your interruption throw a though of yours my way, in the form of a definition of one of those words.

PS. try defining these ones for fun

What
Who
When
Why
Should
Could

how clucking high were you when you wrote that?

colour
08-09-2008, 01:05 PM
GOD
is
MAN

LOVE
is
LIFE

PAIN
is
DEATH

UNDERSTAND
the
MIND
creates
GOOD
and
EVIL

Stoner Shadow Wolf
09-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Warning:
Incorrect using it will cause your system broken!

there was mo "survive" in turny's initial post!!! :D haha im just screwing around :cool:

Stoner Shadow Wolf
09-02-2008, 12:26 AM
kinda like you forgot to remind him not to forget?

BTW, are you still interested in that group fiction...? it's still in progress...