PDA

View Full Version : Duck Foot...unique to our Islands?

CrazyDuck
07-09-2008, 03:56 AM
I'm new to this site, and wondered if anyone has more info on the elusive "Duckfoot". She is so pretty....She's about 6 weeks old, and I know next to nothin about her...aside from the fact that she sprouted in a mixed seed bag.

stinkyattic
07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Bred by WallyDuck seeds. Should still be available in seed form.

infamous1
07-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Ducks foot is just a freak. Ive heard that ducks foot was made by introducing unsprouted seeds to clorox for a little while then just germinate theem like normal and this is how ducks foot was made. But the it was like 20% of the seeds would germinate. Dont know how true this is...

~In1

stinkyattic
07-10-2008, 12:54 PM
That's a myth. The webbing arose after some initial work on the line had already been done. There's a lot of info on the history over on the breeder's forum at icmag.

CrazyDuck
07-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Ya, I've been doin a lil readin on the duck...I guess its more common than I thought...maybe I'll try widow/duck cross. I just want somethin unique and yummy

stinkyattic
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Duck is unique fo'sho but if you are interested in yummy, you've got a whole array of other choices. Have you ever heard of Maple Leaf Indica?

Punabud
09-05-2008, 09:42 AM
just had two "ducks" myself. Unfortunately they both turned out to be males! But I have had them many times before. On the Big Island, my number one source of seeds gives me about 50% "duck feet"seeds!

But I wanna get more exotic strains for outdoor growing. I'm looking to get some 'Blueberry Trainwreck',which is a good hearty outdoor strain. Mold & bugs were a big problem for me this past grow season?

RoguePoet28
09-11-2008, 06:35 AM
i've seen something called a "web leaf" on the Big Island...sounds like your duck foot....

make sure to vote nov 4 on Lowest Law Enforcement Priority!

HonoluluASA
09-23-2008, 03:15 AM
I have never heard of Maple Leaf Indica, but you now have me interested in it.

Gorillabuds43
08-03-2010, 09:45 AM
just had two "ducks" myself. Unfortunately they both turned out to be males! But I have had them many times before. On the Big Island, my number one source of seeds gives me about 50% "duck feet"seeds!

But I wanna get more exotic strains for outdoor growing. I'm looking to get some 'Blueberry Trainwreck',which is a good hearty outdoor strain. Mold & bugs were a big problem for me this past grow season?

Yo puna bud you know whea I can get some ducks

waterdog
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm looking to get some 'Blueberry Trainwreck',which is a good hearty outdoor strain.

I just so happen to grow those plants myself....I LOVE that cross!!! I also know where there are a few seeds for her! She is my largest yielder and earliest finisher by far.

honeygurl
08-05-2010, 05:55 AM
waterdog, wonder how it would grow here in HI?

oldhaole
08-05-2010, 10:32 AM

This is just my thoughts...do not want to offend anyone

I grew some Blueberry Trainwreck here on Maui. Nothing but problems. Attacted every aphid and gnat for miles around. And the weed was so sticky the little dead bastards would stick to the bud. The early flowering works against her also. Plant got to just three feet and started to go off. Everything else was 6 weeks behind her.

On the good side she was very mold resistant. I suppose if you wanted to put a few generations crossed with itself you could get the early flower trait adjusted for our latitude.