PDA

View Full Version : Washington

killerweed420
07-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Looks like they have the initial draft for the new rules on MMJ
18 Immature plants less than 12 inches(Pretty stupid)
6 mature plants
24 ounces of bud.
They could have done better but its better than what we had.
Medical Marijuana Draft Rules Defining a 60-day supply of medical marijuana Frequently Asked Questions - WA State Dept. of Health (http://www.doh.wa.gov/hsqa/medical-marijuana/60DayRuleFAQs.htm)

Psycho4Bud
07-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Congrads!!!:thumbsup: It's a HELL of alot better than what my state has.....maybe someday.

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

killerweed420
07-09-2008, 02:36 AM
Its not written in stone. We're still pushing for higher limits.

HighTy
07-09-2008, 03:26 AM
:wtf:so you can have 24 Oz. of bud, but they catagorize how many plants you can have by how tall they are? fishy...

psteve
07-09-2008, 05:26 AM
It's basically a carbon copy of the Oregon rules.
And yes, the 12 inch rule is extremely bogus :mad:, but it is better than what Washington had before.

8182KSKUSH
07-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I know that progress needs to start somewhere, and I think it's great that some states are moving forward.
I can't help but think that these steps are setting people up for disaster, by giving citizens in states with MMJ laws, a false sense of security. Not really talking about us that are educated and realize that it is still against federal law, I am thinking about most of the other people that are just running with it until the DEA knocks down their door, and they are crying in a cell saying, "but mmj is legal in my state". And before anyone tries to pipe up and say "the feds don't target legit MMJ growers and patients," I say to you, you live in a fantasy world. There is NO LEGIT MMJ ANYTHING, in the eyes of the fed, hence it's current classification on the sched of narcotics. There are also PLENTY PLENTY, of moral, just, and LEGIT, people that ARE DOING REAL TIME. It's just a matter of time until the DEA starts in on some of these other states the way they have here in Cali. This is all happening in reverse, until cannabis is at least moved to a sched 2, I don't see the point. Just my 2 cents.
Not to mention, creating laws that discriminate as to whom can use/consume cannabis is truly unjust and only adds to the problem. Think about it, would MMJ user's be better off if it were just decriminalized completely as opposed to the way it is now? I know this, costs would be lower. I also know more MMJ users that now say fuck it, and just buy it from the streets, just as good and cheaper, at least here in SoCal, I know not everyone has that advantage everywhere but still I think you get the point. So I apologize for being a douche, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, I just think that sometimes we get so caught up in the moment, we loose track of the bigger picture. After all, if you could anyone over 21 could buy cannabis in a liquor store, then people that use it for MMJ would still be able to do that, at a lower cost, and the competition would spur on growers to develop much better and higher quality. Oh and we wouldn't have to walk around acting like we have some special entitlement or right to use cannabis that others don't have due to a medical condition, which is complete and utter bullshit.
Cannabis is for everyone, even perfectly happy healthy people!
The MMJ laws as they currently are, are a prime example of liberal fuck upism at it's best.:jointsmile:

****Disclaimer*****
I whole heartly support medical use of cannabis, I DO NOT support discriminating against whom can use it and do not support any legislation that does discriminate against whom can use cannabis. That is at it's face, un American and we as Americans/Cannabis Users/MMJ Patients/ should stand up, speak out, and be courageous enough to express the problems that MMJ Laws pose, and not support them even though in the short term they SEEM to be good positive steps, in the bigger picture they are steps backwards.

Have a nice day.

painretreat
07-09-2008, 10:42 AM
KUSH: I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday! Even though I am legit, in CA; I live in fear! The rules for medicine are so different than those for alcohol and I think should be handled equally! You can make beer at home and it is legal!
With the Feds not in sync with the States- it sucks, you do not feel comfortable anywhere!

A thot: If you are on prescribed medication, it is legal to drive with it "once you are accustom to the effects on you" as per the bottle! That does not make it legal to drive. So, I stay home a lot, out of FEAR! Legal in the state, doesn't make it legal if there is an accident! It doesn't matter if you are legal or stone cold sober, if there is a fatality or very serious accident, they want a sample of everyone's blood. Even with my 'legal' medication, I fear driving and an accident! No one will care who is responsible when they find out, you have anything in your blood stream. So, if they give certain numbers to what is 'legally' drunk to pot; then there is some sort of system you can live within, instead of constant fear! Nice thinking kush!:thumbsup:

killerweed420
07-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I think most everyone that is growing is aware of the DEA issue. But this is a start. The more wide spread this gets the better. And we can end the DEA persecution by making sure that we get on juries and beat them there. The biggest problem is that most cases never go to court because the federal penalties are HUGE so most people just plea bargain. Just like Tommy Chong did.
What would help is to have our local police refuse to assist any federal authorities and uphold the laws of there own state. Dea agents should be arrested when they violate our state laws.