PDA

View Full Version : cannabis card

mohawk925
06-30-2008, 06:01 AM
i have to take pills for a sleeping disorder and also have to take pills for a mood disorder and was diagnosed wth ADHD at a young age. which one of these would help me and which would hurt me in getting my cannabis card? if you have any experience with the process thank u.... and i would also like to know where is the best place to go and which gives u a card instead of papers?
thank u

bearsnotbombs
06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
insomnia is a condition that cannabis can be prescribed for...
the same holds for some mood disorders that you might treat with benzodiazepines or SSRI's.

my girlfriend just got approved for her card. she has 'papers', but they maintained that an actual card would be shipped to her in a few weeks.

we went to medicann in SF, on fillmore. the environment was great. $135 (or something close to that amount) and an hour later and we walked out of there with smiles on our faces. i'm getting my papers soon, hopefully. i've been dealing with depression for years (on and off meds), and have some pretty bad anxiety issues, so it's just a matter of time until i get mine.

the doctor we talked to was very sweet. i recommend medicann 100%.

Storm Crow
06-30-2008, 05:10 PM
You WILL get your recommendation! ANY of those will work- since you are getting meds for them, you're good to go!

Here's what you need to do-

(1) Go to NORML's California site. Look at the list and call all the doctors who are in your area. Since you are a "slam dunk" on getting "legal", just find who has the cheapest price (it can vary between $85 and $250!) Make your appointment and gather the cash.

(2) Put all your meds into a paper bag and go see the doctor. With your prescriptions, you shouldn't need your medical record, but they are nice to have. The doctor will give you a piece of paper making you "legal". That paper is ALL you need to be "legal".

(3) The card is optional and given out by your county government- most doctors have nothing to do with the cards!

Not all counties have cards. My county is still talking about getting around to it.:cool: Not that I plan to get one- I don't trust our local Gestapo. I do have copies of my doctor's note scattered through the house, with the originals safely tucked away.

Some dispensaries also have their own "exclusive" cards- good for that dispensary only.

(4) Grow yer own! :thumbsup: Enjoy!

- Granny:hippy:

mohawk925
06-30-2008, 05:34 PM
okay but if and when i get my card would i have to discontinue the meds because its coomplicated but i neeed to keep ma card on the low..... because if i just tell my parents,"im not takin ma meds any more" then they'll know sumthin is up

mrunderhill
06-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Question for Granny...

I saw some information about the anti-inflammatory properties of cannabis in news articles on the web, but I didn't see any mention of this in your list of medical studies..maybe it was an oversight on my part.

In any case, I had full acl replacement surgery a couple of years ago and any elevated physical activity (beyond walking) tends to result in soreness and swelling.

Genetically, I'm at high risk for hypertension and the established alternatives (Celebrex, high-dose Ibuprofin) could potentially increase my risk of stroke or heart attack.

Is this a valid reason for a medicinal card and, if so, what documentation should I gather for a visit to a clinic like MediCann?

Thanks for your thoughts.