PDA

View Full Version : Interested in gettin a Marijuana health card

MrFresnoToker
06-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Live in Fresno, CA. I am interested in gettin my marijuana license. Uncertain where and how to do so. Can anyone point me in the right direction? and provide some information or links?

the image reaper
06-28-2008, 04:00 AM
if you Google the California branch of NORML, their website has a listing of California Med-MJ Physicians and Dispensaries ... Fresno will be listed under Southern CA, in almost every instance (in this list., they list fresno as 'central') ... good luck :thumbsup:

Edit: here, I made it easier for ya :jointsmile:
215physicians.html (http://www.canorml.org/prop/215physicians.html)

Storm Crow
06-28-2008, 08:14 AM
As long as you have a real illness! Ideally, this is how it should go.

(1) Talk to your own doctor about the problem. ANY doctor can recommend cannabis! You may want to check my "medical" post- it has a lot of studies your doctor never saw! Print up any that support your argument. The American College of Physicians has come out in favor of medical cannabis- is your doctor a member?

(2) When your doctor refuses to give you the recommendation (hey, they are scared of the DEA, AMA, FBI and other initialed groups), ask him/her for a copy of your latest record documenting your condition- the last 3-4 visits will do fine. My doctor (who admitted pot use in med school!) took about 10 days to mail me mine.

(3) Look at the Norml list of "cannabis-friendly" doctors. Pick one. Take the money, your records and ID to the doctor.

(4) See the doctor. Pay the receptionist. Walk out "legal".

Now if you haven't seen a doctor lately, and have no medical records, I suggest calling clinics like Medi-Cann who charge a lower price and also have lower standards of proof. Not all dispensaries accept all clinics- but just as there are clinics with lower standards, there are dispensaries with lower standards, so I imagine you'll be able to find a supply.

Last bits of advice-

Use responsibly! :)

Educate your friends and family! :thumbsup:

Grow your own! :D

Enjoy! :jointsmile:

-Granny :hippy: (who does all of the above)