PDA

View Full Version : What could this be?

KyBluegrass55
06-28-2008, 12:07 AM
I was recently at someone's home and saw an interesting plant I couldn't believe. She told me she found a tiny white seed in her bag and put it in some dirt back in April. She said it was tiny and weak and the stem had to be coated in root hormone and covered in dirt twice to get it strong enough to grow. What she has now is almost funny. It's about 9 " tall and looks like nothing I've ever seen.
It has a hard stem with great big leaves that jut outwards that have no jagged edges and are more round than any leaf I've ever seen. She said she topped it and a couple days later, it was covered in little white "hairs." It grew more and more with the hairs coming out with each growth spurt. I smelled it and it smlled pungent and piney. Does anyone have any idea what she has?

justanotherbozo
06-28-2008, 12:10 AM
I was recently at someone's home and saw an interesting plant I couldn't believe. She told me she found a tiny white seed in her bag and put it in some dirt back in April. She said it was tiny and weak and the stem had to be coated in root hormone and covered in dirt twice to get it strong enough to grow. What she has now is almost funny. It's about 9 " tall and looks like nothing I've ever seen.
It has a hard stem with great big leaves that jut outwards that have no jagged edges and are more round than any leaf I've ever seen. She said she topped it and a couple days later, it was covered in little white "hairs." It grew more and more with the hairs coming out with each growth spurt. I smelled it and it smlled pungent and piney. Does anyone have any idea what she has?

post a picture man, they're worth a thousand words

KyBluegrass55
06-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I wish I had a photo, but I don't have access to get one as she lives 50 miles away. I can try though.
I told her to send me one. I asked her more about it. She said the pot was the very strong one hit kind. I know my desription is sketcky, but thought someone may have an idea from the little info I had...