PDA

View Full Version : Driving with Marijuana

hand
03-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Hey-

I go to college in a kind of remote area that makes pot kind of expensive. I'm going to my hometown for spring break where marijuana is more readily available and I was planning on bringing some back. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on hiding marijuana when on a trip. I don't plan on smoking during the rode trip, but it's a 10 hour drive and since I'm fairly new to pot I'm kind of worried of getting caught with it.

Do air-tight containers keeps the dogs away or is it just impossible? Also, I'll be car pooling with a friend who would kind of worry about this kind of thing, so I'm considering not even telling him it's in my baggage. If we were to get searched and the cops were to find it, could I take the fall for it or would he too get in trouble even though he didn't know about it?

It won't be a large amount or anything, I just get nervous about this kind of thing easily.

Thanks for the advice.

FUNKYRHINO
03-02-2005, 04:03 AM
man if your worried about dogs the stick it at the bottom of a coffee container full of coffee grains . Also dogs hate pepper . But if it was me i would toke it up all the way there .. But thats just me. if you have a paranoid friend i wouldnt tell him . just stick it somewhere , (out of sight out of mind) and if u get pulled over dont sweat it man do the speed limit (you dont have to go exactly the speed limit ya know but keep it real) wear your seatbelt , if they pull you over 97% of the time its because you dont know how to drive lol jk . just act cool and everything will be just fine . if i was you i wouldnt worry about it roll a couple joints so u can smoke em tell your friend thats all you got smoke the whole joint man dont leave a roach that the mistake everyone does wheny our done get ride of it enjoy the trip especially 10 hours dam . where you located ??

smoke till u choke , then smoke some more

ers1982
03-14-2005, 03:54 AM
ya i wouldnt sweat it much i do it all the time cause its super expensive where i live, Ive heard that the cops cant search anything that is locked such as a chest or a glove compartment i believe, anybody heard of this loop-hole besides me? Ive put in a locking toolbox in the back for this reason if they want to search it just say u left the keys at home ;)

Gothen
03-14-2005, 10:53 PM
I think that's the biggest problem with smokers: paranoia. Every single one of my friends who smoke are always so fucking scared they're going to get caught with pot or whatever when they're driving or even if they have it on them and they're walking around (which they are almost always 100% too afraid to do).
You don't have to be scared. As long as you don't reek of pot, and have your weed out of sight (as someone already said), you'll be fine.

I tell my friends to think of it this way, just drive like any normal citizen would. Stop at stop lights, only go about 5-10 miles above the speed limit (cops here are lenient as crap, though. I was in the truancy officer's car today and the speed limit was 35, he saw them going 47, 48, 53, etc etc, IN A SCHOOL ZONE!!!) you'll do okay. I just pretend I don't even have any on me and that I'm just your normal, every day teenager that is a good, "moral" person who doesn't do drugs. ^_^

bwomp420
03-17-2005, 03:07 AM
I was thinking about using an empty oil or power steering fluid bottle to hide pot in. Maybe get a little trash bag in my car and put it in there for a bit of extra security. Any of you think this is a good idea?

Logan Five
03-24-2005, 05:11 PM
I always hide mine under the shifter. In my Nissan, the molding around the shifter can be popped off with the right amount of force, and there's a decent amount of room down there to hide stuff. I can also get some behind the dash radio through a little hole beneath and to the left of the glove compartment.

You'd be amazed at all the hiding places the average car has.

Memphissss
04-18-2005, 02:23 AM
its so funny cause you guys want to conceal it, man the administation at my school are so retarded cause i have smoked several times in the school parking lot, and never been caught. but if your walkin around with it just be cool.... or light up a nice fat one so that you dont even care. :)

richieguy69
04-18-2005, 05:01 AM
if you don't want it in the car for fear of getting searched, put it right next to your gas cap.

Island Rootz
04-19-2005, 12:48 AM
put it in an axe container

Puffin
05-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Yer i heard about hiding it in a coffe jar .. The smell is 2 strong 4 the dogs to smell weed over it :D

amsterdam
05-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Yer i heard about hiding it in a coffe jar .. The smell is 2 strong 4 the dogs to smell weed over it :D

that is a myth.DO NOT TRY THIS! :eek:

thechronic
05-06-2005, 10:53 PM
u can put it under your truck like were you would keep a spare. or put it under your hood some were, were it can not bump out or get wet or start to burn. you can tape it to your battery with duck tape. i have use these places to also transport and i have never gotten searched. i hope these will help,
-TheChronic

boycey58
05-07-2005, 05:06 PM
you'll have a hard time escaping the dogs. basically: if you do it, don't get pulled over.

Hydrizzle
05-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Unless you drive some Ghetto cruiser like a '88 Buick, or you drive like a madman, there won't be any reason for the cops to search you. Just have it handy in a bag, and if you get pulled over, hide it... the cop will probably just give you a ticket and move on. Shit, I have been arrested and i had weed in my car, but they didn't search my car at all! lol. All they had to do was look in the side compartment.

naturalmystic
05-07-2005, 10:04 PM
The main question is:

Is it a good idea to do this or to do that..

Try it and find out. If you make it back to college scotch free, then it was a good idea. If you get pulled over, and you get caught (doubtful) then it was a bad idea.

Learn from experience. That's the motto i try to live by.

bhallg2k
05-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Anyone who ever carries needs to read http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3405

Know it like the Bible, or the Torah, or the Koran or whatever. You know what I mean.

yoda
06-06-2005, 06:19 PM
I always hide mine under the shifter. In my Nissan, the molding around the shifter can be popped off with the right amount of force, and there's a decent amount of room down there to hide stuff.

my friend does that in his mazda protege

4Lyfe
06-07-2005, 04:30 AM
dont worry... thats nothign me and my friends got pulled over, while my friend had an oz. in his sleeve, just keep it in like 3 bags and a container, ull be straight.

slipknotpsycho
06-07-2005, 01:51 PM
I was thinking about using an empty oil or power steering fluid bottle to hide pot in. Maybe get a little trash bag in my car and put it in there for a bit of extra security. Any of you think this is a good idea?

althought that would seem logical...recently a friend of mine (who didn't have anything or even give the cop a reason to search) pulled him over for speeding....he went through everything in his jeep and i mean everything he looked in empty soda cans, empty chip bags, in between the seats.....he looked everywhere imaginalbe...except one place....the glove box....only place he didn't look

yoda
06-07-2005, 07:51 PM
dont worry... thats nothign me and my friends got pulled over, while my friend had an oz. in his sleeve, just keep it in like 3 bags and a container, ull be straight.

thats not a smart idea. if their is any reason for the cxop to be able to search, they'll get him for intent to distribute.

Dyranty
06-17-2005, 01:12 PM
One time i got pulled over in Fayettville W.Virginia for no tail lights, i was coming down from buffalo,NY to Wilmington,NC moving and my fuses blew. I got pulled over, and they asked me all sorts of bull shit. Drivers lisence, registration,insurance, reasoning why i was driving. Did i know about my lights? anyways i had my 1987 honda accord dx hatchback, filled from the edge of the front bucket seats to the back hatch window. i mean if you were to hit the trunk the hatch would fly up with a shit load of force.

Inside the pile of shit i had my Computer tower where i store a lock box full of weed about an oz or so, rolling papers, screens a bunch of stuff. i also brought my 1 and half foot bong (one of those big computer towers with the blue neon glow light) i shoved newspaper in it after i cleaned it out with rubbing alcohol, and wrapped a small dish towel around it and ducked taped it to it.

After that i put the side panel back on the computer. put it in to the computer box, taped the fuck out of that, and situated it right in the middle of all that shit. with garbage bags of clothes boxes, blankets etc.

And in the front of the car i had a cheap 5 dollar walmart radio (one of the portable one's you use at work or something) and inside the battery case i slide a couple joints into that, and just left it on my dashboard.

the cops asked us to get out of the car after they ran my stuff, and so i did, my girlfriend was sleeping in the seat next to me at the time, so it was quite an rude awakening.

We stood out in the cold only after they told me to roll up the windows turn off the car and turn on the defroster.

They pulled out this black lab from their truck and told me they were gonna run it around the car ( mind you we ziplocked the fuck out of our weed on top of this).

They ran the dog around the car, and i was quite worried about the joints, but when the dog got to the hatchback, hey jumped up and barked a little.......... i almost fucking shitted myself........ But luckily the whole time we were there he was barking for no reason, even before they let him out.......... they pulled the dog off my car! and walked him around again, and went on their way to pull over the next new yorker driving by.

Either he was a coke puppy or, just not a very good drug dog. Either way i should of been busted but i got lucky.

When i got here, i opened my hatch back, and everything reaked of weed........

Scared me shitless..........would i do it again? hell yes if my car did'nt breakdown 2 hours later...............that sucked even worse but im not even gonna go there now.

Play it safe, and here's a tip, if your going south, Statesville NC is the center point between NY, and Florida. So they catch most of the drug runners there, stay the fuck away from that town............... it's where my car broke down............ hah

GL friend and stay cool

SyKo
06-18-2005, 04:27 AM
i just wanna say ive heard they teach dogs to smell for coffe grounds n shit that people been usin,and not the glove box!!! cuz you usely reach in there to pull out all your info for the cop.i use to hide mine in elctrical boxes under the hood never got
caught.just dont put it somewhere that gets to much heat.always wondered if n air
tight jar wrapped in drier sheetz would keep a dog away?

harmonicminor
06-18-2005, 01:00 PM
dogs cant smell through liquids so therefore take yer dope and seal it inside wax because that will also hide the smell and have something in the wax to wiegh it down so it will stay submerged. put it in some type of container with liquid in it. the stronger the scent of the liquid the better. ammonia is real good for that because if the dogs get a smell of that theyre sense of smell will be off for 5 or 10 minutes.

gronnh20
06-19-2005, 05:30 PM
The first post this guy makes and he wants to know how to transport pot in his car. If you are not a cop then you are a paranoid freak that shouldn't be carrying pot in the first place. Stay home with mommy.

WalkaWalka
08-10-2005, 06:00 AM
I always put mine in the steering colum cuase the front pops off in my vehicle and theres a nice bit of space for a pip and and quarter

WalkaWalka
08-10-2005, 06:01 AM
I always put mine int he steering colum cuase the front pops off and theres enuff room for a pipe and a quarter

Mojavpa
08-12-2005, 02:47 AM
Now that I've posted up an American flag on the back of the car, I've never been stopped by a cop. My point, you'll be less likely to be stopped if you have some kind of patrotic sticker on the the back of your car or a patrotic bumper sticker(like those support the troop stickers). I know this is sad, but whatever it takes not to draw attention, right? And if a cop stops you, he'll already have a favorable impression of you.

Tholiak
08-12-2005, 05:32 PM
If your in the US, and your in a school zone, cops can search your vehicle for no reason.

Afghani King1970
08-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey man, i don't know what kind of car u got, but on the older chevy's, like 95 and older, they have the cup holders that pop right out, meant for a gun i guess..... anyways that's a nice way to stash it. PEACE

andruejaysin
08-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Good advice on the Norml site. Beyond that all I can say is drive legal (speed limit, tags, insurance) During the day, if possible. Hard not to look supicious at 3:00AM.

RodZ
08-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Just mail the weed in a box to your college to yourself and it will get to u in a day or 2 and no problems if u get pulled over by the police and dogs.

Hasculf
08-30-2005, 11:16 PM
New here, not sure it helps any but.. since donating to the Fraternal Order of Police and getting the cute little sticker for the back window of my car I've never gotten a ticket, even when I deserved one. I don't imagine it would help for blatantly illegal driving, but for minor stuff it seems to help. Think the donation was 25$(I donate alot, tax write offs FTW)

LightGreen
09-07-2005, 01:40 AM
Dog if u are gunna worry like that dont even drive with it.

crashdamage
10-01-2005, 10:34 PM
And don't wear your cannabis.com T- shirt on the drive. Dead giveaway.

Gothen had it right on the money, solid advice. Don't do somthing stupid that will call attention to yourself. When I was in college ( 1978 we are talking here) I'd lite up while I was driving, keep the speed reasonable, and never had an issue because i never called the cops attention to me.. Looking back tho , liting up while driving, altho fun, is not worth the potential risk, and i'd not do that today.

endo..jay
10-02-2005, 12:21 AM
yea just dont draw attention to yourself and you will be fine but if you are driving with a large amount put it in your spare tire with underarm deoderant which will throw off the dogs...pepper works too but u need a good amount of it

death of sXe
10-02-2005, 12:26 AM
i drive around with pot leaves on my ride promoting cannabis culture to all
:D

nobody hassles me man...

why would i drive around with weed anyway? its safe in my lungs and bloodstream :cool:

KoRnStaR
10-05-2005, 03:21 AM
can they search you, but not your car?

how about the glove department..heard that they can't "search" it for some reason

Pizza
10-11-2005, 12:36 PM
fuck that shit, hes probably a cop trying to get tips to catch people transporting weed.. fuck him, if he cant figure out a hiding spot on his own, he doesnt need to be driving with it

kayrack
05-06-2008, 07:54 PM
How to hide your stash. Video made by a police officer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaW_lwrs-Rk

How to Refuse a Police Search:

YouTube - How to Refuse a Police Search (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyokKFIecIo)

silkyblue
05-07-2008, 02:21 AM
ya'll got it figured all out huh

we just roll it up in his socks in small green giant jar with the lid on

throw it in the satchel and were on the road, happy time,

driving takes away 'all my highs' whilst hammered I hate driving stoned trully

if ya get pulled over for doing the speed limit and the pigs wanna be dick heads

say "it aint mine" and thats all you say untill you see a lawyer

Im ready to chain my butt to the court house polls

legalise it !

study hard in college

edukayshun is the key

daihashi
05-07-2008, 04:40 AM
nevermind... this thread could regain some purpose. I retract my previous sarcastic statement. :thumbsup:

jsn9333
05-07-2008, 02:02 PM
First of all, neither coffee grains, nor pepper, nor *anything* prevents a dog from smelling weed. Dogs have superhuman smell... literally. They smell every ingredient in vegetable soup, where we humans smell the conglomeration of all the ingredients mixed together. That is why dogs are used instead of cops sniffing around themselves. There have been dogs that have smelled marijuana through a gas tank and gasoline and many layers of hard core plastic wrap and tape. If you let the weed sit in one spot long enough, the odor will permeate through any liquid, metal, or material. Watch the video "never get busted again" and you'll see records of this.

Secondly, odor permeates anything... but it does so over time. If you put tuna fish in a fresh ziplock bag (and make sure to use rubber gloves so you don't get *any* residue on the outside of the bag when sealing it) you will not smell it through the bag right away. But after a half hour or so you would be able to smell it through the bag. Odor permeates practically all materials over time.

The best thing to do if you want to drive with marijuana is to get rubber gloves and layer the weed in several layers of plastic, using the gloves to touch the bud and your uncontaminated hands to touch everything else (the bag seals, etc.). Then take the wrapped bud and put it in a thick nalgene bottle sealed as tight as you possibly can. I would think that would keep a dog from smelling it for a little bit. Then hide that thing in your bag or whatever.

If you do end up getting searched, and the weed is found in your bag, then your friend will not get in trouble as long as you speak up and claim the weed is yours. In order to get hit with "constructive possession" your friend has to be aware the weed was there and have the ability to legally go get it. Legally he can't go into your bag, so he'd be all good. Just don't put the weed in his spare tire or something... because then he might get hit with possession if they don't believe you that you put it there without his knowledge.

jsn9333
05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Check this out.

Breston (pictured police dog) uncovered a shipment of marijuana in heat-sealed Mylar bags, inside plastic-lined crates sealed with foam sealant, inside a closed storage garage.

Howstuffworks "How Police Dogs Work" (http://people.howstuffworks.com/police-dog4.htm)

Damn! But then again, they say a dog's sense of smell is like 1000x greater then ours... so there ya go. The cops just train them so that they get a treat or a reward whenever they can point to a specific location where they smell it from.

I should train my dog to do that. That way instead of trying to find a dealer I could just take the pooch for a walk and whenever he alerts on someone just be like, "what's up man... got a quarter?"

daihashi
05-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Check this out.

Breston (pictured police dog) uncovered a shipment of marijuana in heat-sealed Mylar bags, inside plastic-lined crates sealed with foam sealant, inside a closed storage garage.

Howstuffworks "How Police Dogs Work" (http://people.howstuffworks.com/police-dog4.htm)

Damn! But then again, they say a dog's sense of smell is like 1000x greater then ours... so there ya go. The cops just train them so that they get a treat or a reward whenever they can point to a specific location where they smell it from.

I should train my dog to do that. That way instead of trying to find a dealer I could just take the pooch for a walk and whenever he alerts on someone just be like, "what's up man... got a quarter?"

oh man.. I wouldn't want to be involved in the trouble that would arise out of that confrontation!!

lol.. all the dealers I know are pretty rough, with the occassional hippy cool people.

justanotherbozo
05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Hey-

I go to college in a kind of remote area that makes pot kind of expensive. I'm going to my hometown for spring break where marijuana is more readily available and I was planning on bringing some back. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on hiding marijuana when on a trip. I don't plan on smoking during the rode trip, but it's a 10 hour drive and since I'm fairly new to pot I'm kind of worried of getting caught with it.

Do air-tight containers keeps the dogs away or is it just impossible? Also, I'll be car pooling with a friend who would kind of worry about this kind of thing, so I'm considering not even telling him it's in my baggage. If we were to get searched and the cops were to find it, could I take the fall for it or would he too get in trouble even though he didn't know about it?
It won't be a large amount or anything, I just get nervous about this kind of thing easily.

Thanks for the advice.

even though this thread is very old, why hasn't anyone, especially the oldtimers, had anything to say about the lack of integrity here.
if one of my friends were to carry, in my car, without my knowledge, even if we didn't get busted, if i found out about it, that would end our friendship. if we got busted, when i got out, i'd bust his effing head.
there are many ways to stash your weed but this thread isn't the place to discuss them but rather, this guy should have been advised to NOT do it.

anyway, that's what i think for what it's worth

bozo,
peace, love, dope

jsn9333
05-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree he shouldn't do it. And that has been said in this thread... and he has been told how to do it another way (the mail). I should have made that clear... I totally agree he should not do it.

What I've tried to do is to answer his original question, nonetheless. If he were to do it, then how could he do it without risking getting his friend in legal trouble? The legal answer is, "try to dog proof it as best as possible and keep it in your bag. Then, if busted, claim it as your bag and your weed, and acknowledge your friend knew nothing of it... and he won't be busted with you."

What I was taught in criminal law in law school is that doing that will eliminate the possibility of his friend being charged with a crime... even though it is his car.

even though this thread is very old, why hasn't anyone, especially the oldtimers, had anything to say about the lack of integrity here.
if one of my friends were to carry, in my car, without my knowledge, even if we didn't get busted, if i found out about it, that would end our friendship. if we got busted, when i got out, i'd bust his effing head.
there are many ways to stash your weed but this thread isn't the place to discuss them but rather, this guy should have been advised to NOT do it.

bozo,
peace, love, dope

justanotherbozo
05-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I agree he shouldn't do it. And that has been said in this thread... and he has been told how to do it another way (the mail). I should have made that clear... I totally agree he should not do it.

What I've tried to do is to answer his original question, nonetheless. If he were to do it, then how could he do it without risking getting his friend in legal trouble? The legal answer is, "try to dog proof it as best as possible and keep it in your bag. Then, if busted, claim it as your bag and your weed, and acknowledge your friend knew nothing of it... and he won't be busted with you."

What I was taught in criminal law in law school is that doing that will eliminate the possibility of his friend being charged with a crime... even though it is his car.

but, if you went to law school, didn't you have any classes in ethics\ integrity?
i mean, come on man, advising someone on safe ways to lie and sneak about isn't appropriate here. IF it was HIS car then yeah, give advice on how to travel safely. i just think advising someone to lie to a friend is bullshit

jsn9333
05-08-2008, 05:48 PM
I just don't see anything unethical about answering his question. I'll say again, I do not advise him to do it... he should use the mail instead. I should've said that right off the bat. I apologize for that coming across the wrong way. I was just focussed too narrowly on the legal aspect of his question.

But as far as the question... if anything I think it is quite ethical to answer the question. In fact, that is what free speech is all about... talking about things we don't necessarily like to talk about or approve of. The fact that our constitution allows us to talk about drugs whose use is a federal crime here is a testimony to the benefit that comes from the ability to frankly discuss topics that society views as bad (and the criminal laws against marijuana , federally and in most states, mean the society views it as bad).

It would be disrespectful for him to do what he was asking about. Whether it would be unethical I do not know. If he does it right, his friend faces no risk of criminal charges. As far as ethics, I think the police would be the only unethical people in that situation. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think it would be a "sin" (morally) to hide the weed from his friend if he did it in such a way as to completely guard his friend against any criminal liability. I do think it is a bit disrespectful though... it shows a lack of trust and would probably upset his friend very much if he found out.

I don't see it as a "lie" unless his friend asks him about it. I mean, if I use a radar gun to be able to drive 10mph over, but drop down to the speed limit when it signals a police radar, am I "lying"? Not really. I mean, "lie" has a definition... and that just isn't it. I'm being sneaky, and I'm trying to avoid a confrontation... but I'm not "lying".

but, if you went to law school, didn't you have any classes in ethics\ integrity?
i mean, come on man, advising someone on safe ways to lie and sneak about isn't appropriate here. IF it was HIS car then yeah, give advice on how to travel safely. i just think advising someone to lie to a friend is bullshit

daihashi
05-08-2008, 06:08 PM

bozo,
peace, love, dope

I didn't say anything because the thread is so old. The way I see it the person who originally posted this has already done whatever was done and there is no point in berating them over it now.

Instead I chose to see this as an oppurtunity to have people educate themselves on how to drive while in posession intelligently.

It's illegal, and not the smartest thing to do... but it's just about impossible to not do it at one point or another (I transport from my dealers place to mine... no smoking or anything of the sort and I have very good hiding spots).

So instead of turning this thread into something negative I was hoping people could turn it around and share their positive expierences.

That's why I retracted my sarcastic remark.

justanotherbozo
05-08-2008, 06:36 PM
I just don't see anything unethical about answering his question. I'll say again, I do not advise him to do it... he should use the mail instead. I should've said that right off the bat. I apologize for that coming across the wrong way. I was just focussed too narrowly on the legal aspect of his question.

But as far as the question... if anything I think it is quite ethical to answer the question. In fact, that is what free speech is all about... talking about things we don't necessarily like to talk about or approve of. The fact that our constitution allows us to talk about drugs whose use is a federal crime here is a testimony to the benefit that comes from the ability to frankly discuss topics that society views as bad (and the criminal laws against marijuana , federally and in most states, mean the society views it as bad).

It would be disrespectful for him to do what he was asking about. Whether it would be unethical I do not know. If he does it right, his friend faces no risk of criminal charges. As far as ethics, I think the police would be the only unethical people in that situation. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think it would be a "sin" (morally) to hide the weed from his friend if he did it in such a way as to completely guard his friend against any criminal liability. I do think it is a bit disrespectful though... it shows a lack of trust and would probably upset his friend very much if he found out.

I don't see it as a "lie" unless his friend asks him about it. I mean, if I use a radar gun to be able to drive 10mph over, but drop down to the speed limit when it signals a police radar, am I "lying"? Not really. I mean, "lie" has a definition... and that just isn't it. I'm being sneaky, and I'm trying to avoid a confrontation... but I'm not "lying".

i guess the term 'lie by omission' doesn't ring a bell?
i don't know man, it wasn't my intention to start an argument, especially in a thread that, as daihashi points out, is ancient history.
what happened in that situation happened long ago, the point is, NO-ONE advised him not to do it, just how to 'get away with it'.
to me that is something fundamentally wrong. SOMEONE should promote a high moral stance (no pun intended, lol).
i don't know man, i'm no expert, i'm just a middle aged parent with children that i watch as they grow and that's the kind of shit they're exposed to EVERYWHERE.
some things are just wrong and, in my book at least, lying to a friend is one of them. lying is never something we should take lightly (i DO lie, to officialdom about my cannabis use as an example), and ADVISING someone to lie is something, well, i don't want to belabor the point but, to me they're the same, morally.

bozo,
peace, love, dope

daihashi
05-09-2008, 03:02 AM
i guess the term 'lie by omission' doesn't ring a bell?
i don't know man, it wasn't my intention to start an argument, especially in a thread that, as daihashi points out, is ancient history.
what happened in that situation happened long ago, the point is, NO-ONE advised him not to do it, just how to 'get away with it'.
to me that is something fundamentally wrong. SOMEONE should promote a high moral stance (no pun intended, lol).
i don't know man, i'm no expert, i'm just a middle aged parent with children that i watch as they grow and that's the kind of shit they're exposed to EVERYWHERE.
some things are just wrong and, in my book at least, lying to a friend is one of them. lying is never something we should take lightly (i DO lie, to officialdom about my cannabis use as an example), and ADVISING someone to lie is something, well, i don't want to belabor the point but, to me they're the same, morally.

bozo,
peace, love, dope

Let's assume you don't grow and you must get your cannabis from a dealer.

How do you transport it? Everyone has to be able to get it home some how; assuming they do not have their own grow going.

This is basically the question he answered, and JSN is right. If the passenger doesn't know and it's not in his possession then he will not be held liable.

Perhaps the people that should be getting questioned are all the other posters who replied to him before this thread was revived from the dead.

I am over a number of people in my place of work. I constantly with hold information from them in order to protect them and keep them safe. If they don't know the answer to something then they cannot be held liable. This same principle holds true in this situation.

Now the best thing to do would be just not to drive with it, but I don't believe Jsn ever advocated lying to his friend. He told him to not tell him. There is a difference.

I got pulled over once.. and got caught with possession. My friend, she knew I had it. I told her to lie to the cop and say she didn't know anything about it. It was in a bag in my trunk and the cop had searched the car (he also had a warrant for my arrest for traffic tickets). Since it was in my bag and she denied knowing about it, all the charges were placed on me. Which I later got dropped.

Now in retrospect I honestly wish she truely didn't know. If the police had known she was lying she would've been in even bigger trouble (ie finding out from her looking nervous or something since she did know). Reflecting back, being in the dark probably would've been better for *her*.

Sometimes what is Moral is not always best for legality or for the protection of you and your friends.

HolyChrondon
05-23-2008, 04:27 AM
is this guy really suggesting sealing weed in wax and submerging it in ammonia simply for a car-trip?
wow.

THClord
05-27-2008, 07:53 AM
if the smell does not go through liquids, wouldn't this work?

put the weed in a ziplock bag, wrap some paper towels around it, and put it in another ziplock bag with water in it.

Mississippi Steve
06-17-2008, 04:03 PM
man if your worried about dogs the stick it at the bottom of a coffee container full of coffee grains . Also dogs hate pepper . But if it was me i would toke it up all the way there .. But thats just me. if you have a paranoid friend i wouldnt tell him . just stick it somewhere , (out of sight out of mind) and if u get pulled over dont sweat it man do the speed limit (you dont have to go exactly the speed limit ya know but keep it real) wear your seatbelt , if they pull you over 97% of the time its because you dont know how to drive lol jk . just act cool and everything will be just fine . if i was you i wouldnt worry about it roll a couple joints so u can smoke em tell your friend thats all you got smoke the whole joint man dont leave a roach that the mistake everyone does wheny our done get ride of it enjoy the trip especially 10 hours dam . where you located ??

smoke till u choke , then smoke some more

*NEVER* drive while under the influence, or toke while driving. It will put you and others at risk. This site is a medical marijuana site and does not condone illegal behavior.

silkyblue
06-18-2008, 02:50 PM
and put it in another ziplock bag with water in it.

water and gasoline

might work

Mississippi Steve
06-18-2008, 11:52 PM
just put it in a glass jar in the trunk and be done with it. If your not driving "cop candy" and your not doing anything stoopid, then its not a problem.

bugmenot2
07-16-2008, 01:20 PM
You all wanna watch this:

YouTube - Never Ever Get Busted By The Cops! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnC3TDJEWck&feature=related)

theforthdrive
07-20-2008, 01:15 AM
dogs cant smell through liquids so therefore take yer dope and seal it inside wax ... ammonia is real good for that because if the dogs get a smell of that theyre sense of smell will be off for 5 or 10 minutes.

wow, thats a lot of work. Does it work.

has anyone used turkey basting bags? Ive used them on pounds before and I couldnt smell anything! but im not a dog.

I wont be as hash to say "stay home with mommy" but he has a valid point. If you cant act as if you have nothing in the car....dont bother. If you cant get your head straight....dont bother. acting as if is the single most important trait when talking with a cop. Remember in blow when johny depp has a line about taking coke across the boarder....one most project themselves to a different place. Ive done far more insane things than crossin a state line with an oz. before... i never act like a stoner. I never look like a stoner. I am not a stoner. Works for me.

silkyblue
07-20-2008, 03:47 PM
I couldnt smell anything! but im not a dog.

lmfao ))))

oh hydrizzles avatar is gross !

:jointsmile:

RobPA
07-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Remember that whwnever a cop asks you to get out of the car. MAke sure you open the door, make sure all windows are rolled up, and lock your doors before getting out of the car. It will make it more difficult for them to pull an unlawfull search and seizure on you. I ahve done this before, I was pulled over for speeding, The officer(s) asked if they could search my car, I declined, they asked me to step out of the car, (my windows were already up) I locked all the doors along with my keys inside the car (i was close to home). I had nothing but my cellphone and wallet in my pocket. I waited around for 10 minutes while they were telling me they were getting a warrent, they came back told me i was free to go and left me there with my keys locked in my car. I had prodcut well hidden also next to my speaker inside the door console vacuum packed. I got lucky.

silkyblue
07-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I got lucky

yep the Gods were on your side

L Rag
07-20-2008, 10:18 PM
The first post this guy makes and he wants to know how to transport pot in his car. If you are not a cop then you are a paranoid freak that shouldn't be carrying pot in the first place. Stay home with mommy.

Wow you're a fuckin prick.

locomark
07-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Well,

Keep it out of sight then decline any request for a search. Take your ticket then keep rolling. If your going to be riding dirty walk around your car for a blow lights or any think that could get you stopped. Then drive within the law. But what do I know?

Loco

shiva333
05-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I have a waterproof box with huge magnets that I put underneath my car. I feel totally at ease driving now as I know no cop is going to get down on his knees and look underneath my car. It's black so they might not notice it anyway. I got it at Secret Safes (http://safetystash.com)

~shiva

Hey-

Thanks for the advice.

leadmagnet
05-18-2010, 12:06 AM
I have a waterproof box with huge magnets that I put underneath my car. I feel totally at ease driving now as I know no cop is going to get down on his knees and look underneath my car. It's black so they might not notice it anyway. I got it at Secret Safes (http://safetystash.com)

~shiva

You would be safer from prosecution if you kept your stash in a locked box in your trunk. Not all cops are big fat coffee swillin donut eaters as you seem to envision and are more than willing to get down and dirty in order to make a bust from evidence obtained from an area of your vehicle that doesn't require a search warrant.

Mississippi Steve
05-18-2010, 01:41 AM
don't drive "cop candy" in the first place, get a hair cut, wear decent clothes, clean out the car, turn down the tunes, wash it once in a while, ditch the welfare rims, and follow the rules of the road.........in other words,

DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION WHERE SOMEBODY HAS TO *DO* SOMETHING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

How hard is that??

The "average joe" never gets pulled over or hassled by the cops..... only stoopid kids and idiots do.

Before anybody gets their panties in a wad, I have not been pulled over in almost 30 years.

my 2 cents

leadmagnet
05-18-2010, 02:17 AM
don't drive "cop candy" in the first place, get a hair cut, wear decent clothes, clean out the car, turn down the tunes, wash it once in a while, ditch the welfare rims, and follow the rules of the road.........in other words,

DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION WHERE SOMEBODY HAS TO *DO* SOMETHING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

How hard is that??

The "average joe" never gets pulled over or hassled by the cops..... only stoopid kids and idiots do.

Before anybody gets their panties in a wad, I have not been pulled over in almost 30 years.

my 2 cents

Frankly I think it is bullsh!t that people have to worry about being stopped because they are young and/or have long hair and such. I know it is what it is, humans being human kinda crap- but it still doesn't make it right. Falls in the same category as being stopped because of your race.

We shouldn't be justifying this kind of crap. We should be firing the cops who do it.

Mississippi Steve
05-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Frankly I think it is bullsh!t that people have to worry about being stopped because they are young and/or have long hair and such. I know it is what it is, humans being human kinda crap- but it still doesn't make it right. Falls in the same category as being stopped because of your race.

We shouldn't be justifying this kind of crap. We should be firing the cops who do it.

You can play the odds all you want.... but.....its a fact of life. Think about the folks that get busted all the time.... If you don't look like or behave like them, you have decreased your chances of getting stopped 1000 fold.
You can call it profiling if you like. Like I said.... don't put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it in the first place.
Blend in and you won't be singled out.... or does that make too much sense??

leadmagnet
05-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Blend in and you won't be singled out.... or does that make too much sense??

Sounds more like being a good little brown shirt.

Mississippi Steve
05-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Sounds more like being a good little brown shirt.

brown shirt has nothing to do with it, its about not wearing a shirt with a TARGET on it. Maybe once you get some age and experience behind you, you'll decide that its not worth the money or hassle to play your little game.

leadmagnet
05-19-2010, 12:12 AM
brown shirt has nothing to do with it, its about not wearing a shirt with a TARGET on it. Maybe once you get some age and experience behind you, you'll decide that its not worth the money or hassle to play your little game.

I'm a retired police officer in my fifties, genius.

Mississippi Steve
05-19-2010, 02:12 AM
I'm a retired police officer in my fifties, genius.

I'm a retired coastie in my 50s genius.... with a little common sense. if your truley a retired police officer, as you say.... then help point the rest of the kids in the right direction. You can be part of the solution, or you can be part of the problem.

leadmagnet
05-22-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm a retired coastie in my 50s genius.... with a little common sense. if your truley a retired police officer, as you say.... then help point the rest of the kids in the right direction. You can be part of the solution, or you can be part of the problem.

I don't deny the dangers or suggest anyone should ignore them. Just suggesting that your tactic revolves around conformity and necessitates full compliance, at least on the surface, with the bigotries of the majority. Mine doesn't. Iā??ve survived fairly well up to this point. Yes I really am what I've stated I am.

You live the way you want and I'll live the way I want. I just donā??t appreciate folks like you telling folks like me how to live and accusing us of being somehow lesser people for not living in a paranoid little bubble like you.

I've been a stoner since the age of 12, how about you? Are you happy being a good little brown shirt and encouraging others to do the same???

Your path is not the one all must follow.

Phooey on you mate!!!

leadmagnet
05-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh, and by the way... As a patrol officer I frequently scored many of my bigger busts by looking closer at those good little boys and girls trying to project brown shirts.

In fact I BET YOU HAVE A BIGGER RAP SHEET THAN ME, mister little brown shirt. Hmmmmm, why could that be???

Mississippi Steve
05-22-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't deny the dangers or suggest anyone should ignore them. Just suggesting that your tactic revolves around conformity and necessitates full compliance, at least on the surface, with the bigotries of the majority. Mine doesn't. Iā??ve survived fairly well up to this point. Yes I really am what I've stated I am.

You live the way you want and I'll live the way I want. I just donā??t appreciate folks like you telling folks like me how to live and accusing us of being somehow lesser people for not living in a paranoid little bubble like you.

I've been a stoner since the age of 12, how about you? Are you happy being a good little brown shirt and encouraging others to do the same???

Your path is not the one all must follow.

Phooey on you mate!!!

Like I have told you before, you can do what you want. I live in a small rural community in the south Mississippi bible belt. Maybe it sounds extreme to you, but none the less, I have never been busted because I don't put myself in a position where somebody has to *do* something about it. If I lived in the Peoples Republic of Berekely, I might have a different viewpoint.

A little conformity in public is not a bad thing if it keeps you out of jail and gives you better employment opportunities.

OTOH, if my advice keeps one kid from being busted for weed, then it has served its purpose. What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business..... its when it gets flaunted in public that gets folks into trouble.

BTW, I have been a stoner for many years also....except for about a 15 year stretch while I was in the Coast Guard after they started doing drug screenings.

A little common sense goes a long way.

leadmagnet
05-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I live far from Berkeley, my friend but still within what I'm sure you'd refer to as the "Peoples Republic of Kalifornia".

Mississippi Steve
05-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Oh, and by the way... As a patrol officer I frequently scored many of my bigger busts by looking closer at those good little boys and girls trying to project brown shirts.

In fact I BET YOU HAVE A BIGGER RAP SHEET THAN ME, mister little brown shirt. Hmmmmm, why could that be???

Actually I *DON'T* have a rap sheet, as I have never been arrested, and the last traffic stop was better than 30 years ago for doing something stoopid. Having been arrested negates being able to hold a TS (code word) security clearance. I don't have that problem, but thanx for asking.

Mississippi Steve
05-23-2010, 02:56 PM
I live far from Berkeley, my friend but still within what I'm sure you'd refer to as the "Peoples Republic of Kalifornia".

Actually I grew up in the SF bay area (Redwood City) in the late 60s and early 70s.