PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shit Batman! The FEDS invaded Humboldt!

Humboldt215
06-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Fucking A!

Yesterday in SoHum I saw a LARGE convoy of vehicles which included several BUDGET rental trucks, generators being towed and utility vehicles, I even passed the command vehicle which is shown in the newspaper. Sure I heard about the raids but figured 300 feds would be 1 hell of a logistics problem- these guys MUST be for the fair which is starting next week and all the carny's are arriving already. Besides (as I passed the vehicles) most of the drivers were Asian. Couldnt be the feds I thought.

FUCKING RUN! Its a WAR ZONE here right now! FEDS UP THE ASS!

Over 400! and they are busting massive shit. Below are some "BREAKING NEWS" headlines from the paper(s) in Eureka, the SoHumn papers havent updated yet, maybe they got busted??

Operation Southern Sweep to continue for a few days

Federal agents and personnel for Operation Southern Sweep expect to be in Humboldt County for a few days to deal with 29 warrants all connected to one group of people and their large-scale commercial marijuana cultivation and distribution, FBI special agent Joseph M. Schadler said.

The investigation kicked off two years ago by the California Department of Justice Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement and the FBI joined in the investigation shortly after, he said.

Operation Southern Sweep was initiated around 7 a.m. this morning and agents and personnel for the sweep have been coming into the area for the last several days.

??There was some accuracy to the rumors (about federal agents coming to Humboldt County for a marijuana crackdown) and the dates were penned down pretty well,? Schadler said.

Agents are not targeting 215 medical marijuana users or growers.

The sweep is focused on 23 discreet locations, residences, grow houses and two large chunks of property with four warrants and two state warrants, Schadler said.

No charges have been filed against anyone at this point and none are planned in the near future.

The goal is to collect evidence, look for evidence of crimes and things that have been purchased with illegal proceeds to support ongoing prosecution efforts, he said.

None of the raids will have impact an on fire suppression efforts and no public roads are being closed, Schadler said.

The focus of the sweep is mainly in southern Humboldt with some spillover in Arcata and there may be some spillover into Mendocino County, he said.

"I don't believe there is anything (happening regarding raids) in Eureka," he said.

Agents arrive in Humboldt to target marijuana grows

There are hundreds of agents in Humboldt County from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement, Lt. George Cavinta of the Humboldt County Sheriff??s Office said this morning.

A command post has been set up at the River Lodge in Fortuna, he said.

FBI special agent Joseph M. Schadler said there are approximately 450 agents from the FBI, BNE, Internal Revenue Service, Postal Inspection Office and a "sprinkling of agents" from the Drug Enforcement Agency in the county.

A mobile command post and a tactical operation center have been established at the River Lodge, he said.

UPDATED: Major sting targets commercial grow op (with video) - Times-Standard Online (http://www.times-standard.com/ci_9683779)

UPDATED: Major sting targets commercial grow op (with video)

More than 400 federal and state agents executed search warrants in Southern Humboldt and Arcata today, part of an investigation into what the FBI described as a major commercial marijuana operation. A local hotel clerk reports that agents are booked in their rooms until Friday.

About eight FBI agents serving a search warrant at a house on Virginia Way just outside Arcata this morning were looking through apparent grow lights, tubing, boxes and bags. They refused to talk to the media.

Several warrants were also served in Southern Humboldt, including on Briceland Thorne Road. A checkpoint staffed with assault-rifle toting agents was reportedly set up at Alderpoint and Harris roads. Convoys of agency vehicles poured through several communities in Southern Humboldt.

The agencies were staging out of the River Lodge in Fortuna.

FBI spokesman Joseph Schadler said that agents with the FBI and the state were collecting evidence through 27 federal and two state warrants as part of a two-year investigation into a major marijuana cultivation and distribution operation.

?We're looking at a single group of folks,? Schadler said.

Warrants were being served on both indoor and outdoor growing operations, Schadler said, and the outdoor operations totaled some 2,000 acres. The U.S. Postal Service and Internal Revenue Service were also participating. Law enforcement does not plan to file charges against anyone at this stage, he said. Agents will continue to search the properties for hours or even days, he said.

Asked if agents had encountered resistance from the targets of the investigation, Schadler said he believed ??everything went off without a hitch.?

Beti Trauth, manager and marketing/special events coordinator for the Eagle House Inn, said she was contacted by the Red Lion Inn about two weeks ago, asking if they could accommodate anyone for a government event. At the time, she said they inn had 20 rooms available.

?It's great for the hotels here,? Trauth said. ?It's like a bonus HSU graduation weekend.?

Trauth also said that it's not just good for the hotels, but for a wide swath of the local hospitality economy. ?These people have to eat too,? Trauth said.

---

I have my own reasons for why this happened, because too many people from out of area come here thinking it is the candystore of marijuana and go nuts.

Imma grab my tent and jump on the harley for a few days.

Where is The Image Reaper hiding at? Wanna stoney buddy until things cool down (temp/fed wise) on the coast? LOL

:rastasmoke::rastasmoke::rastasmoke::rastasmoke::r astasmoke:

Humboldt215
06-24-2008, 09:33 PM
These bastards are within EAR RANGE !!!!

Humboldt215
06-24-2008, 09:35 PM
This was on the web this am. Just now found it.

KMUD is reporting many official vehicles heading through the Ruby Valley area with a ??traffic jam? at Whitethorn. The purpose and amount of vehicles is yet unknown but they appear to be unconnected to the fire.

Thse guys really frost my ballz

dj00140
06-24-2008, 09:35 PM
not cool feds! not cool!

Humboldt215
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Feds: Real

There??s a whole bunch of tight-lipped people at the Fortuna River Lodge right now. They??ve got satellite trucks. (Check the web cam River Lodge Webcam (http://sunnyfortuna.com/fortunacam/lodge_cam.htm)) John Matthews of KHUM went down to try to get people to talk this afternoon; he was unsuccessful. But they did check his ID.

Supervisor Johanna Rodoni tells the Journal that Sheriff Gary Philp told her that the people at the River Lodge were federal agents, and it was definitely not a convention. (Last week, personnel from the Convention & Visitors Bureau said they knew nothing about any convention coming to town this week.)

Rodoni says Philp told her that all would likely be revealed soon.

There??s three police vehicles from Siskiyou County in the parking lot of the Red Lion, along with some large trucks.

The front desk at the River Lodge gives out an FBI number to reporters seeking more information.

Is it drug busts? Immigration?

UPDATE: The DEA has denied, again and in no uncertain terms, that any sort of mass drug bust is planned for Humboldt, according to a story in tomorrow??s Arcata Eye. But the phone number given out at the River Lodge was for the FBI, not the DEA.

A lot of known unknowns right now. It might not be weed-related at all. Or maybe it is. Or maybe it??s completely innocuous, whatever it is ?? a conference or training or what have you. Though that seems less likely by the moment.

UPDATE: Why FBI? The DEA is drugs and ICE is immigration. The DEA has strongly denied any big drug busts are coming down. Does the FBI do marijuana raids? Doesn??t seem plausible, unless they were trying to make some other kind of case ?? corruption, racketeering.

The FBI and ICE do sometimes work together, though, if there??s criminal cases to be made. And as the Times-Standard reported earlier this month, the recent layoffs at the bulb farm were the beginning of an investigation, not the end of one. The point will be expanded upon in this week??s North Coast Journal cover story.

Go ahead and file this update under ??wild speculation,? or ??something to think about.?

---my 2cents

That bitch Rhodonni just got in office 3 wks ago, her husband got killed in an auto accident, Schwarzenegger let her take her husbands seat as councilman. She swore to everybody she was the voice & reason for so. hum and look at how she turns against us.

NO RE ELECTION FOR RHODONNI!

illnillinois
06-24-2008, 10:42 PM
what bs, chumps, go to hell

RobPA
06-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Good luck everyone out there. Have a friend who is going traveling from the area.

brentxzi
06-25-2008, 02:31 AM
Rumors about this have been going around for weeks... funny how they tried to come in secretly...

I have a feeling it is connected to the publicity generated by Kevin Hoover...

GreenDestiny
06-25-2008, 03:14 AM
I wish all will be well in Humboldt!

Storm Crow
06-25-2008, 03:58 AM
Read the comments to get the details that the news won't have!

cannabisnews.com: Major Sting Targets Commercial Grow Op (http://cannabisnews.com/news/24/thread24036.shtml)

International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums - Over 300 Federal Agents Raid Humboldt! a City! WTF? (http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=93194)

The Canna Cabana? Forums (http://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9155)

http://www..com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28368

Lanietheberner
06-25-2008, 05:46 AM
firearms ASAP as they will wreck your world if they find you with a working, or non-working gun.

Best smart and be safe!:thumbsup:

SFGurrilla
06-25-2008, 04:50 PM
More moneys spent on busting these things then they get out of it.

Revanche21
06-25-2008, 07:27 PM
More moneys spent on busting these things then they get out of it.

they don't get any money o_O

they get money for doing their job, which is whatever a fed is to do, but I mean they should focus on other things than pot its a scofflaw :\

apothecary
06-25-2008, 08:33 PM
The aerial spotting school was to begin in Mendocino county monday. The fires have cancelled that training, as there is nothing to spot but fires.

here is what I read about the raids and that it deals not with mmj, but money laundering. IRS seems to be one agency involved, as well as FBI. Usually, you would only have DEA and local leo's for a pot raid.

Wonder what's up?

killerweed420
06-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I'll bet they're going after the rackiteering side of things. Pissed because they aren't getting there tax money so they can piss it away on other worthless things.

MadSativa
06-26-2008, 12:25 AM
^^ if they were smart they would legaliz and tax herb. They wouldnt be able to tax all but I say more than a 1/4 of the total growth they will be able too. and just that alone could be enough.

GreenDestiny
06-26-2008, 01:38 AM
I really really hope this isn't gonna be an escalating trend across the nation....
Friends in Hawaii told me of some big busts recently, so have friends that have connections around on the East coast (like in North Carolina).

Not a good summer for a lot of people out there trying to grow and spread the herb. Busting dealers and growers, shortening supplies.... just gives more people another reason to start growing their own.

mrunderhill
06-27-2008, 09:51 PM
...tryin' to fuck with us as much as he can before he leaves office.

I guess he knows none of his cronies will be sittin' in the whitey house come January. :hippy:

jerk.

SnSstealth
07-05-2008, 12:39 PM
i was planning on moving to humboldt...lol, any word on what they are doing there for sure yet?
whiskeytango

SnSstealth
07-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Agents are not targeting 215 medical marijuana users or growers.

there you have it. get your licenses people!

Mississippi Steve
07-05-2008, 02:35 PM
easy enough to figure out...they aren't after the folks that actually *live*there, they're after the folks that came in because they are 1) just stoners and have no need for MMJ, 2) their after the lost tax revenues, and 3) they want to get it off the black market. Those of you who actually live and belong there with legitimate MMJ scripts, and legitimate growers, you got nothing to worry about, as they are protecting your best interests.

Dr.Hashman
07-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm headed to Arcata to grab some herb, I'll ask whats currently going on.

veggii
07-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Hey man r u ok?? I hope you got outta there in time .. no updates is scary .. like u got busted or ??? anywhoo hope ur not ..space #40 in robinshoods park is open :jointsmile:

RobPA
07-07-2008, 01:33 AM
easy enough to figure out...they aren't after the folks that actually *live*there, they're after the folks that came in because they are 1) just stoners and have no need for MMJ, 2) their after the lost tax revenues, and 3) they want to get it off the black market. Those of you who actually live and belong there with legitimate MMJ scripts, and legitimate growers, you got nothing to worry about, as they are protecting your best interests.

Im sorry but those last few sentences are just not factual and never should be taken that lightly, especially with a statement like the "feds" are in anyway shape or form looking out for the best interests of MMJ growers/users.

Mythologic
07-07-2008, 03:28 AM
holy hell! funny thing is, the other night i got a free nug of some high grade straight out of Humbolt county, and i was in Houston Texas that night. And it seemed to be a large export if you know what i mean. Well at least no one that actually needs the herb is getting busted.

aliceamanitas
07-24-2008, 12:15 AM
shit man, I've been out of town for the summer, but i'm from eureka, and that is some scary shit to think about. hope all my buds up in humboldt are okay!! (pun intended lol)
:rastasmoke:

veggii
07-25-2008, 07:39 PM
holy hell man > did you get caught?? not peep since the 24th . not looking good anyhow hope your alrite bro PBR :jointsmile: