PDA

View Full Version : Going to Amsterdam

Lulu
03-10-2004, 04:30 PM
My sis & I have decided to go to Amsterdam Tue to Fri week after next. Anybody have any recommendations that we *have to try*? Just looking to escape our reality for a few short (sweet) days.

ermitonto
03-10-2004, 09:46 PM
I highly suggest the local marijuana.

anycraic
03-11-2004, 06:23 AM
My sis & I have decided to go to Amsterdam Tue to Fri week after next. Anybody have any recommendations that we *have to try*? Just looking to escape our reality for a few short (sweet) days.
well u gotta try AK47, a personal recommendation would Jack Herer, its cheaper than the more expensive stuff but just as powerful, on the hash front "bubblegum" and "temple balls" cant be missed. ull see a lot of different names for things, the same weed can be called something else in another coffeeshop, but the ones mentioned ull find pretty much anywhere. u could try shrooms out of the smart shops if u were so inclined, if the city streets are too much while tripping theres plenty of parks and art galleries to nicely trip out in.it aint a cheap city by any means but ull save money if u shop around. anyway enjoy urselves, if ur from the US,welcome to europe, if not , nice one.

Dingo
03-11-2004, 10:03 AM
hey man cool.... i'm moving to amsterdam in two years can't wait... don't like the weather but the legal buds will make up for it....

Lulu
03-11-2004, 10:32 AM
My sis lived there in the early 90's. Sold her car and moved over with her boyfriend. She's still got friends there and she really knows her way around. She's also fantastic company when you're stoned so I know I'm gonna have a blast. Thanks for all the tips I'll give you a blow by blow account when I return. Ciao!

Dingo
03-13-2004, 03:54 AM
cool lulu... the current government really sucks and I have heard that they have banned cannabis smoking in coffee shops and it is now restricted to smoking indoors only :mad:

anycraic
03-13-2004, 02:09 PM
cool lulu... the current government really sucks and I have heard that they have banned cannabis smoking in coffee shops and it is now restricted to smoking indoors only :mad:
they tried to ban it but didnt, theres a more worrying law their trying to bring in though (cannabis selling to dutch residents only) but i doubt itll get through though, the coffee shops bring in MILLIONS in tax money

psychocat
03-13-2004, 04:22 PM

This time of year you should visit the bulb fields near Leiden.
I lived in that area for 12 years and when the fields are in full flower its awesome.Leiden also has a few good coffee shops.

Lulu
03-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Ok I've been online all morning trying to book flights - phew! the price 320.00euros each return plus taxes - I don't think so........

Anyway I can get cheap flights to Rotterdam - is that gonna be an age on the train/taxi/helicopter/hot air balloon?????????????

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

anycraic
03-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Ok I've been online all morning trying to book flights - phew! the price 320.00euros each return plus taxes - I don't think so........

Anyway I can get cheap flights to Rotterdam - is that gonna be an age on the train/taxi/helicopter/hot air balloon?????????????

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

nah people i know have flown into belgium and germany before and the longest they had to travel was 3 hours, basically its good cause hollands bloody tiny, getting from anywhere to amsterdam is a breeze

Lulu
03-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Thank you so much for replying - want to book it in the morning! Cheers babe

Dingo
03-16-2004, 07:49 AM
its all good man i'm a dutch citizen, my parents are both dutch .. :)

godzbudz
03-17-2004, 06:28 PM
im goin over from the 24th-27th of april, im only paying bout £120 (uk money) for flights and accomadation, i dont have a clue wer we got the deal from as my m8 booked it4me, but i dont really care how or y its so cheap, the important thing is IM GOIN

space toker
03-18-2004, 01:47 AM
hey man cool.... i'm moving to amsterdam in two years can't wait... don't like the weather but the legal buds will make up for it....
I was thinking of doing the same thing and wondered what you have to go through in terms of red tape and paperwork to get it done? How to do it in every sense: reseacrching where to live, what jobs are available, etc.... I too would be moving there to enjoy a freer cannabis climate, there is a lot of talk about how things are not all paradise there and that the current govt is bad, but it still sure beats the US of A, "The Freest Country in the World" as some delude themselves into thinking! PEACE!!!

jupiter
03-19-2004, 05:34 PM
hello, i've been in amsterdam these 7 last weeks, and stay 8 more weeks here :D
i made a little site with some pictures of good stuff i found here... some pics are crappy, and the site is in french...sorry

http://jupiter.stormloader.com/amsterdam.htm

here u can get an idea of which weeds are good... i like haze particularily :)

anyway, site will be updated when i have some new pics...

mmmh quite expensive but with veeery good weeds and hashs... the bushdoctor has a choice of over 20 weeds and few hash's too... definytely one of my favourite coffeeshops after 7 weeks of testing :)
have phun there pple :)
cya ++

space toker
03-20-2004, 03:55 AM
I am also interested in ways I can find out the most affordable options for a long vacation, anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months... I heard for instance that it is fairly common in Europe for people to let you stay in their homes in a sapre room or something, that could be affordable! So any ideas how I can learn more about accomodations, short-term work, eating places, places of interest, menus of coffeeshops and other good stuff AHEAD OF TIME so I can take full advantage of my time there? Thanks for any help! PEACE

SP69
06-06-2004, 01:24 AM
hey can we get some input please?

anycraic
06-06-2004, 11:31 AM
hey can we get some input please?

threads dead my man, shit posting this is a bit stupid ah well

duppy man
06-18-2004, 10:11 PM
My sis & I have decided to go to Amsterdam Tue to Fri week after next. Anybody have any recommendations that we *have to try*? Just looking to escape our reality for a few short (sweet) days. there are just to many to list but a few you should try is the Grey area..Betty Boo. and Home grown have a great time I'm sure u wont be disappointed ;)