PDA

View Full Version : Premade setup? or buy HPS ect. PLease help

HoaxOner
03-10-2004, 08:36 AM
OK heres my deal. Im moving to an apartment in NYC and im planning on growing some marijuanna hydroponicly. I found this advertizement on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2384821615&category=3201)
And i was wondering if i was better off buying each part seperatly like a small 300-400 watt hps. And a seperate hydro system. I dont want anymore than four plants. I am also planning on buying seeds for like $100+ for 10 seeds so I am def. Serious about this. Please any advice or help on this you can give me would be much appreciated. If you think im better off with the ebay setup for my first grow.
Thanks
-HoaX

HoaxOner
03-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh yea one more thing im living in an NYC apartment and i have to pay utilities and such how much of a difference would running a 150w compact flouro be compaired to say a 200w MH or HPS and a 400w MH or HPS
I dont want like a $100 difference but like $10 -$25 im ok with.
thanks
-Dan

sensiskunk
03-11-2004, 05:27 AM
compacted flourescent difinitely save u more power, and they are very sufficient for growing, but only when there are a bundle together. If you want better stonier plants, get a hps, hps develops the crystals better becuase of its red spectrum, and a mh is better for growth, cause of its white spectrum. if you want to combine the two, get an EYE HORTILUX for and hps ballast. for your small grow, u should look into bubbler buckets, they work great, and you can get all the supplies at a hardware store for cheap!

racefan
04-15-2004, 05:22 AM
LOL White spectrum...? I think the proper color is blue. No! I know the proper color is blue.

thechronic89
05-22-2004, 06:27 AM
i've ordered from ezhydrokit before. thats where i got my 400w from but i wouldn't buy that system u can get all that shit cheaper if u go to your local fish store and hardware store to get eveything u need to make a good hydro setup