PDA

View Full Version : Oregon: concealed handgun versus medical marijuana decision

Psycho4Bud
06-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Washington County's Board of Commissioners Tuesday approved filing an appeal of a circuit court judge's ruling that federal firearms laws do not supersede Oregon's medical marijuana law when it comes to obtaining a state Concealed Handgun License.

Sheriff Rob Gordon revoked or denied CHL's to Steven Schwerdt, Paul Sansone and Lee Wallick on the basis they disclosed they have used a controlled substance, medical marijuana, regularly and for prolonged period of time. Gordon believes these people are barred by federal law from possessing firearms.

Judge Steven L. Price said as a matter of law, Oregon's CHL requirements do not include abstaining from medical marijuana nor qualifying to possess firearms under federal standards.

The commissioners agreed with Gordon's opinion that it is necessary to obtain a binding legal opinion on the issue from the Oregon Court of Appeals.

County counsel also wants answers to questions about whether issuing permits could subject the sheriff and the county to federal prosecution or civil liability.
Taking a pot shot County appeals concealed handgun versus medical marijuana decision- OregonLive.com (http://www.oregonlive.com/news/argus/index.ssf?/base/news/1213125645142840.xml&coll=6)

I wonder if this holds true with all types of medical prescriptions?

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

texas grass
06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
deny a good american citizen the right to bear arms because of their medicine. sounds like the new aged america
if it holds true to 1 medicine it should hold true to all medicine, even as little as an antihistamine cause they can put you in a drugged state

the image reaper
06-11-2008, 02:15 PM
in my California County, my concealed weapons permit is supposedly void, if I have a doctor's medical marijuana recommendation ... OK, I can understand what their point is, BUT, what really pisses me off:

my CCW (concealed weapons permit) application forms ask "have you ever used marijuana ?" ... it does NOT ask, "have you ever used heroin, meth, cocaine, alcohol, etc. ?" ... it really doesn't matter what your opinion is on this, but you have to agree, that is just plain DUMB :wtf:

for the record, I'm not a crazed gunslinger, and several of my County Sheriff's Deputies have their own medical MJ papers (to help them with their alcoholism) ... ain't life grand ? :jointsmile:

Psycho4Bud
06-11-2008, 06:23 PM
my CCW (concealed weapons permit) application forms ask "have you ever used marijuana ?" ... it does NOT ask, "have you ever used heroin, meth, cocaine, alcohol, etc. ?" ... it really doesn't matter what your opinion is on this, but you have to agree, that is just plain DUMB :wtf:

Just as I thought....thanks for the confirmation reaper.:mad:

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

killerweed420
06-12-2008, 03:25 AM
With the liberals in power in January you're going to see more of this ignorant crap. Any excuse to seperate you from your guns.

painretreat
06-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Laws are definitely ignorant! Well, the lawmakers.

rebgirl420
06-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Hmmm who would you rather be locked in a room with a gun with:

Pothead

or

CrackyMcMethMeth

The answer is clearly obvious.