PDA

View Full Version : notta novice

jimmy5150guitars
03-01-2005, 01:04 AM
the resavoir i made is 24x30x10

the way i have it sat up should work great i figured out a way to adjust the drainage as the roots grow and also i will be able to adjust the water level according to the root size it took awhile to figure out but i think you would be impressed , thanks for the info, my wife split up with me and broke all my lights and shit but now i am going for the gusto i ordered three new 400 watt
hps systems with the agromax bulbs i used them on my last groe and i couldnt beleive the growth rate, she also tore my 4ft. plants to hell but guess what i soaked one in a bath tub and now it is right at 6 ft and has been flowering for 1 week it is bubbalicous i would love to burn some with you
since all your help turned me into a fanatic hydroyer. thanks alot for educating me i will post pics of my nft sys when i get it going check out my pics on hydrobubbler style those plants were 30 days and the wouldnt have looked that good if it werent for you thanks again

jimmy5150guitars

notanovice
03-01-2005, 11:08 AM
i`m sorry to hear about you and the ole lady.
glad to hear you are bouncing back.
i would love to see the pics of your nft system.
i have one suggestion for it, the root mass of the plants may cause it to clog at the drain so i would suggest oversized drainage hole.the system i built was 6 inch pvc by 5 feet long and the roots went from one end to the drain hole. it never clogged as i made the hole 2inches in diameter, the roots protruded down into the res. but didnt clog the drain.
thank you for the props and i wish you well in this nft endevour.
if ya got any questions i`ll be more than happy to try and answer them.
peace
and
grass
:) :) :)

jimmy5150guitars
03-02-2005, 07:18 AM
i made a mistake on the dimensions of my nft tank its 24x40x12 it is a 50 gallon size rubber made container. i cut the whole top ring off to get the depth down to 12 inches and and the re attached it back with plastic rivets so the lid would fit just as it did before i cut it, it looks like it did when i bought it infact you cant really tell it has been modified. and built a pvc frame exactly like the 6 plant system on ezhydrokit.com only i changed the dimensions a bit (to scale) of course.

now i know that you are supposed to have a verry small depth of constant flow. milimeters i hear? what i figure is since my tank is deep i can adjust the level in the tank acordinly to my plants root size, by adjusting the 130-170gph pump and by using a valve on the drain while still keeping a constant flow. i know i will probably be adjusting the level for a few days until the feeder roots grow enough to set my flow level on the bottom, also i figure why not place a few air lines comming out of pumps down through the top only a few inches just to give it xtra O2 say just 4 lines, i have learned the more O2 the better, i plan to have it running verry soon like in a week but i will be doing a few test runs to check it out.

What do you think ? i can use all the help you can give me. also thanks for the advise on the drain diamater.

i appreciate you communicating with me on this and all others as well.

have a good one !!

jimmy5150guitars

notanovice
03-04-2005, 12:04 PM
sounds like you got the bases covered.
there`s one suggestion i forgot to tell you, in the nft system i built i added an aquarium power head, it keeps good agitation of nutrients in the res. and it adds tons of oxygen to it to.
it`s just a suggestion that work well for me
good luck
peace
and
grass
:)