PDA

View Full Version : legalizing marijuana in illinois?

howhigh22
06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
- Members of the Senate Public Health Committee voted 6-4 to legalize the use of medical marijuana in Illinois. A similar bill fell just shy of a majority vote in the Senate last year, and the legislation would make Illinois the 13th state to legalize medical use of marijuana.

The bill will allow patients with â??debilitating medical conditionsâ? to obtain a prescription from their doctor. Under these circumstances, possession of under 8 plants and 2 ½ ounces of useable marijuana would be considered legal.

Two weeks ago New Hampshire passed similar legislation so there may soon be 14 states that have disobeyed federal regulations regarding medical marijuana. That, coupled with the American College of Physiciansâ?? endorsement of the drug a couple weeks ago, should push the federal government to repeal the ban on medical marijuana.

What do you guys think is the house gonna pass this?

Storm Crow
06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
We got 12 so far!

OK- I don't know if you guys will get it passed or not. BUT it sure wouldn't hurt to respectfully contact your local politicians and voice your support! Also feel free to give them the link in my sig or include a few choice URLs to help support your argument. I'd do like a breast and lung cancer, an Alzheimer's, PTSD, and anything else that struck my fancy. Maybe 6 tops, but each one a "heavy hitter".

Now stop saying "Yeah, that's a good idea!" and ACTUALLY get on line and make your voice heard. Even an Email is great! Tell them you are a voter and are among the 80% of the American public that supports the medical use of cannabis! DO IT NOW!

Or do you like the way things are now??? Jail for relieving your pain? Prison for growing a plant? Loss of college funding for choosing the "wrong" leaf for your cigarette? A record for using a safer intoxicant?

- Granny:hippy: