PDA

View Full Version : Any MMA Fans in the house ...anyone watching the KIMBO Fight ??

jessejames12345
06-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Just wanted to know and see if there's any other :jointsmile: MMA fans watchin the Elite XC fights right now.

Kimbo's been quite a sensation man, I remember watchin his backyard fights before they were even on you-tube, but seems like the big guns ( ufc) dont want to give him a chance, or maybe CBS offered him a bit more $$$ and he jumped on it.

Anyways, It would be nice to see him in the UFC with real class fights and see whats what....

This Eleite XC seems like such an expedition BS bag of pop Bull Sh*t , ...but thats just IMHO :thumbsup:

MadSativa
06-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Kimbo would get his ass wooped buy a UFC champ. But I have sceen Kimbo grow and he is impressive especialy his streanth. That fight last night show that he needs to work on his cardio. If he went up against Coultour like that he would have gotten knock the Fuk out. I remember in kimbos backyard fights he lost to the MMA fighter and when he was in a choke his boys tried to stop the fight, The other MMA fighter's boys stop kimbos guys and said thats how its done around here. And last night kimbo had to use his streanth to get outta the choke. If the other British guy didnt get his ear drum busted, he might have had a chance at winning, but then bust up people is how fighters win fights

chongman420
06-03-2008, 01:10 PM
I agree, MMA fighters are ATHLETES, Kimbo on the other hand, is a backyard brawler. Yea, he's big and scary lookin' but he would get whooped on pretty good by any Jujitsu expert. If he works on his ground game and cardio he may have a chance.

benvortec
06-03-2008, 04:04 PM
The fight was awesome! He got to show how his ground game has improved, although it obviously still needs work. But when you have Bas Rutten training you i think you're good to go. Just give him a little time. Just like that elbow to the back of the head in the first round showed if that fight was on the street kimbo would have ate him for dinner. He's just not used to being on the ground and having rules to his fights. He'll learn

GrinKyle
06-03-2008, 04:37 PM
RULES are there for a reason, saying if he was allowed to hit to the back of the head, he would have won the fight a silly thing to say. Maybe the other dude is a pro head butter? theres so many WHAT-IFs.

But i actually laughed when you said how improved his ground game was, improved from nothing to nothing? What I saw, was Kimbo getting completly 100% out wrestled (100% means 100% - 0% for clarification)

and cardio was a JOKE, both of these dudes were throwing the slowest punches I have ever seen, and this was a 3 ROUND fight, not a 5....... Good Luck to kimbo in a league full of "noobs" and yes, Dana was right, he would get killed in UFC, which besides Faber in WEC is the only decent group of fighters.

benvortec
06-03-2008, 11:43 PM
RULES are there for a reason, saying if he was allowed to hit to the back of the head, he would have won the fight a silly thing to say. Maybe the other dude is a pro head butter? theres so many WHAT-IFs.

But i actually laughed when you said how improved his ground game was, improved from nothing to nothing? What I saw, was Kimbo getting completly 100% out wrestled (100% means 100% - 0% for clarification)

and cardio was a JOKE, both of these dudes were throwing the slowest punches I have ever seen, and this was a 3 ROUND fight, not a 5....... Good Luck to kimbo in a league full of "noobs" and yes, Dana was right, he would get killed in UFC, which besides Faber in WEC is the only decent group of fighters.

Well, i don't know if you knew of Kimbo before he started fighting in a league but he's a street fighter. Don't get me wrong MMA fighters are definately way better athletes and in much better shape than Kimbo, i never said that they weren't. BUT i don't consider MMA a real fight, it's like boxing, there are rules and regulations and if you know anything about real life fights you know that there are no such things as rules.
They were clearly out of shape but they are not used to having to go round after round. Usually when guys that big land the first face shot the fight is over and that's what they count on.
Also, i said his ground game improved, not improved greatly. He did work his way out of a few holds and did manage to counter and get off his back multiple times. That's an improvement when you've never ever wrestled or done jujitsu. He's very unskilled at the arts and that takes time like i said, with the training he's receiving that will come in time. He's not GSP for god's sake. :jointsmile:

ATrain
06-04-2008, 02:02 AM
You guys see Kimbo take like 20 elbows to the head at the end of the 2nd? God damn that looked painful. Dude needs to work on the ground work in a big way :asskick:

The best fight of the card was totally Gina Carano smashing that other chick :jointsmile:

maxsuperdanks
06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I agree, MMA fighters are ATHLETES, Kimbo on the other hand, is a backyard brawler. Yea, he's big and scary lookin' but he would get whooped on pretty good by any Jujitsu expert. If he works on his ground game and cardio he may have a chance.

Any Jujitsu expert?

Nah, he'd beat the shit out of some 140 pound jujitsu master, sorry.

chongman420
06-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry Max but evidently you haven't watched the Early UFC fights (1-5). There you would see Royce Gracie DESTROYING guys twice his size. Take for instance Kimo, Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock. Size doesn't matter. "Nah, he'd beat the shit out of some 140 pound Jujitsu master, sorry" Ok Max, I forgot you're the expert. We'll just step back and let you run the show, when you're allowed back that is. :jointsmile:

GrinKyle
06-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I just looked through max's posts and besides using some questionable language, I don't understand why he was banned... I see so many "banned" under peoples names and its really killing the mood when I come here.

chongman420
06-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Yea I agree

thedogwave
06-06-2008, 02:37 PM
that was one of the worst cases of early stoppage i've ever seen. how did kimbo lay there taking elbows with both arms trapped then the fight gets stopped while thompson is still on his feet? eliteXC wanted kimbo to win because he's a giant crazy looking guy from the internet that draws in people who don't know much about MMA. he's heavy handed but you can see those punches coming 2 seconds before they take off. also any talk about his ground game just needs to stop. he learned how to lay on his back with someone in his guard. anyone with any jiu jitsu or a good ground and pound game will smash on him. i do respect his attitude towards MMA, he's learning a lot and isn't into all the shit talking, but still he's really far away from the fighter a lot of people think he is. as soon as someone halfway decent gets ahold of him he's finished.

BlueDevil
06-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Nah, he'd beat the shit out of some 140 pound jujitsu master, sorry.

I have two words for you: Dan Severn. :) Aside from the random lucky punch or blow to the junction, technique and surprise overcomes size and strength.

Kimbo has the fearsome look going for him, surprising speed for his size, and has some solid punching skills (providing he's not tired) - but it's going to take awhile for Rutten to mold him into a real, well-rounded fighter. His cardio really needs works, and what I saw him do on the mat struck me as green-belt level tactics. Can't believe he took so many elbow blows to the head, they outlawed those kind of strikes in Thailand for a reason!
That poor British guy with the hematoma'd ear though - haven't seen one that bad in a loooong time. Nasty! Bet it looked even better after Kimbo saw it as his winning ticket.

BlueDevil
06-23-2008, 04:31 PM
eliteXC wanted kimbo to win because he's a giant crazy looking guy from the internet that draws in people who don't know much about MMA.

I believe that is exactly the case too. They want PPV sales first and foremost, and pimped the e-buzz surrounding Kimbo for all it was worth.

Doesn't mean he won't turn into a great fighter someday, just that right now style is more valuable than substance.