PDA

View Full Version : Planning ahead

n1nj4
05-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Hello everyone! I'm a victim of the war on drugs, so of course I've been active trying to educate everyone around me about marijuana. I got to thinking the other night, I should just move to a decriminalized state. California! I love beaches, women, and marijuana, so it's perfect! Are there any states that are ahead of cali in the decriminalization of mary jane? (besides Alaska..)

I finish school in about a year, and I hope to be able to move within the next 5 years. Where are the best areas in California? I'm not too sure what the differences are in north and south cali, so could someone go into some detail? Also, I hear a lot of people find jobs before they move, but how? Does anyone know any websites where I could apply for jobs out of state?

I'm just trying to plan ahead, so any info is appreciated. :jointsmile:

the image reaper
05-24-2008, 07:04 PM
bring LOTS of money with you ... :wtf: ... that's the best advice I can give ... seriously ... but, Northern CA is the best, by far, IMHO :jointsmile:

Revanche21
05-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm originally from southern cali but currntly live in Northern cali

Socal is better weather all around
you can walk around in a T-shirt and shorts all year long, it stays pretty much in the 70-80's during the winter/fall sometimes dipping as low as 60's during the summer, if you are near a beach, its GREAT weather all the time, if you go a little inland, it can get quite hot, in the 100's at times

The marijuana policy is socal seems to be a little more professional, but also very pricey. I went to a club in venice beach and saw an oz of some really effective looking medicine for over 700$ which is ridiculous imo.

Norcal has awesome weather during the summer, its nice and sunny out and yet a very nice chilling breeze. I guess I should point out that im talking about the San Francisco area. The clubs are abundant, and the prices are great, especially if you order over the phone for a delivery.(as the clubs that own a place to sell their product have to pay for rent and that brings up the price of the product)

The marijuana policy up here seems to be stronger, cops don't care nearly as much as they do in socal. I see lots of people walking around smoking pot on the streets. Which kind of irks me a bit.(Less police to enforce laws???) But the prices are much better than socal for the same quality.

With that said, california is known to have crazy weather.

Yesterday it was sunny in the high 80's and today its foggy and raining slightly. two days ago it was windy as hell.
don't ask me idk the weather can't make up it's mind around here.

hope that helps

n1nj4
05-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Awesome posts. I really wanted to live in southern cali for the weather, but I hear crime is really bad down there. Can anyone that has lived in both the north and south explain the crime for both?

I'm not too concerned with marijuana prices, seeing how I hope to get a card and grow with my minor symptoms. I have mild arthritis that has developed in my hands from computers (it's what i'm going to school for, and what my profession will be in the future), mild to severe lower back pain, and sometimes I have problems sleeping (tossing and turning, can't relax and fall asleep). I'm guessing this should be more than enough to get a card. I used marijuana in the past to help all these symptoms illegally, so I hope to be able to use it legally in the future.

I actually love cold weather, but I love warm weather as well. I'm very concerned with the cost of living, and people say southern cali is terrible in that area. Can someone compare the north and south's cost of living?

Thanks!

the image reaper
05-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I lived in SoCal for 7 years, the last 20 in NorCal ... it's like anywhere else, if you're in a big city, lotsa crime, if in the rural areas, generally much better (except for the damned methlabs and tweekers) ... when I tout NorCal, I am not including the Bay Area, for sure ... San Francisco is a beautiful old city, but ruined by liberal excess and crime ... just my opinion, and I have same opinion of all 'cities' ... I'm more the " leave me alone up here on my mountain, and I'll leave you flatlanders alone " sorta guy ... a couple of northern counties are the cheapest cost-of-living in California, which is originally what brought me up here ... :D

n1nj4
05-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Yea that's what I imagined, I just needed to hear it from somebody that lives there. How far are you from the city? Is it difficult to get a mmj card in northern cali? I mean, I don't have a severe illness, but my symptoms can be treated with an herb rather than narcotic sleeping pills and other medications.

Could you list some northern cali counties that have lower costs of living? I'd like to look them up. I'm not holding you to this, but do you happen to know an estimate of how much apartments cost? 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms? Or even renting a house? I'm just curious, so any educational guess is fine with me.

What about jobs in northern cali? Is it bad trying to find work? When I move, I'll have a degree in computer networking and possibly computer support, so I'm praying to find a good job in computers before I move.

Thanks again!

brentxzi
05-25-2008, 06:56 PM
I suggest doing some research, all of the information you seek can be found on the internet.
You shouldn't have any trouble getting a card as long as you have medical documentation of your conditions.

Revanche21
05-25-2008, 06:57 PM
southern san francisco in a nice area is about 1300 for a one bedroom, Ive found some attached houses connected to other houses, in which case you live below the actual house listed as 2 bedrooms for 1200.

if you go to the out skirts (a little less safe looking)

costs can go down to about 1500 for a 2 bedroom (with lots of room)

in Socal

I lived in a nicer area as well, Torrance, Redondo Beach etc

in these places the prices were about the same

however if I compare the crime I would say I felt safer in Socal than I do up here in San Fran

but it might just be because im more familiar with socal than up here? im not sure:hippy:

btownbuddah
05-26-2008, 07:44 PM
If you plan on growing excess meds, you can get a lot more for them in socal. That being said, I prefer to live in norcal. You can find cheap rent if you don't mind living in the ghetto or more rural areas. Living in the city is expensive. If you wear desiger clothes and like to say words like dude and bro you'll fit right in in socal. If you're looking for a more laid back type of atmosphere norcal is the place to be. As far as the weather goes I prefer it here in the bay. If you're a beach person you might wanna go further down south. If you're gonna grow you should rescearch the area you want to live in. Citys and countys have differents laws regarding marijuana. You want to find an area that has a reasonable growing limit and a lax DA and police force. If you wanna grow outdoors the best places are Humbolt, Mendocino, Santa Cruz, and San Diego counties. I believe its 10x10 per patient or better. If you're gonna grow indoors I know Oakland is pretty good. You're allowed 72 plants in a 32 square foot area per patient and 3 or 4 patients per household (patients don't necessarily have to live in that hosehold). Thats 2 4x4 flood trays or one of those 60 plant aeroponic setups. Humbolt and Mendocino are probably the safest if you're trying to do it big. However, it could get pretty boring living up there in the boonies. The cops don't give a fuck though. Just watch out for the Highway Patrol if you plan on leaving the are with weight.

btownbuddah
05-26-2008, 07:53 PM
If you wanna get a computer job, I'd try to move to the bay. If you get a job in the city you're gonna get cheaper rent by commuting further. I live in oakland which has all ranges of rent. But the cheaper neighborhoods have more crime. Seriously though, just mind your own buisness, dont walk around late at night and make sure nobody can see or smell what you're doing and you'll be fine. If you get a good computer job you should be able to find a place in a good neighborhood. Make sure you bring at least 5 grand to get started.:rastasmoke:

n1nj4
05-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Great info. Hopefully I'll find some kind of job down here in Georgia while I finish this last year of college and pay off my damn court/probation fines. After that, I'll probably save money for however long I have to and when I feel comfortable, I'll be out there. The only thing I'm really worried about is rent and cops. If I can find a county with cops that mind their business and houses/apartments with decent rent, I'll be a happy man.