PDA

View Full Version : Going to Negril Jamaica... Any Suggestions?

psteve
05-18-2008, 06:00 PM
This will be my first trip to Jamaica.
My S.O. has been there several times, and knows a local cab driver, so we can probably find our way around if we can find him (we can't find his phone# :confused:).
Any suggestions for what we should do or see, in and around Negril?

psteve
05-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for all the cool suggestions! :rolleyes:
Our trip was great!
I got sunburn, allergy attacks, and my back spasms were terrible since there were no chairs with back support and our mattresses were saggy. :(
There's a lot of schwagg in Jamaica. :wtf:
Everyone showed us stalks with nice tight buds, but it was almost all brown and full of seeds. We went to the mountains to see the Ganja fields, but the biggest plants we saw were only about 5 feet tall and spindly.
We eventually found some adequate weed, and some nice finger hash. We bought a grinder from a local outdoor market. It lost its teeth on the first spliff. :mad: We took it back and exchanged it, but the second one lost its teeth too.
We climbed Mayfield Falls.
The beach and cliffs at Negril were awesome, and the sunsets lived up to their reputation.:thumbsup:
We went to the Peter Tosh Memorial (he's my Hero) and got to meet Peter's mom.
We saw Yellowman, but he wasn't with his regular band, and it wasn't as good as the last time I saw him.
We saw a lot of basic local reggae. Actually, it was the same musicians every night, but at different clubs with various singers. One guy called 'Swallow' was not bad, and 'Singing Hanah' was pretty good too (he sounds like Luciano), but the band was only basically adequate. Negril isn't known for its great reggae bands anyway. They're more known for acoustic reggae on the beach.
We ate a lot of Jerk Chicken, Callaloo, and curried seafood.
We ate a lot of fresh fruit from the market in Savanna La Mar too.
Anyway, it's nice to be back in the land of firm beds, sticky green bud and glass bowls.:D

moshmonkey
06-06-2008, 09:56 AM
i would love to see the sunsets there, heard they are amazing.

ive always had an image in my head of me lying in a hammock on a jamaican beach with an amazing sunset with a huge spliff in my hand and listening to "over the rainbow", and someday i hope i can live that image out. someday..........

psteve
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
i would love to see the sunsets there, heard they are amazing.Here's a sunset from Ricks.
http://boards.cannabis.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=190197&d=1212768017

moshmonkey
06-08-2008, 01:32 PM
awesome :rastasmoke: