PDA

View Full Version : scenic Rt. 36 drive ...

the image reaper
05-17-2008, 04:40 PM
me and the g/f took a long drive the other day, just for something to do ... drove west on Rt. 36 from Rt.99 to the coast, up to Arcata, and back east on Rt. 299 ... my first drive across Rt. 36, it was a LOT nicer than I'd expected (GREAT motorcycle road) ... loved it ! ... I usually go across Rt. 299, which isn't nearly as pretty ... I could easily see me moving to Trinity County in the future, especially after reading Trinity County has between 4-6 people per square mile (depending which source you read), NO freeways, NO traffic lights, and NO parking meters, anywhere in the county :D PERFECT for an old hermit-fart like me :D ... we intended to visit a family cidermill in Fortuna, but it was closed for the season :( ... still, a great drive, I recommend to anyone up this way :thumbsup:

killerweed420
05-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Been through there a few times. Even did a little gold panning in the trinity river I think it was called. Nice road for bikes or sports cars.

Weedhound
05-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Trinity.....where it's ALL HAPPENING!! :D

Never been that way myself but have always wanted to check out the foreign country known as the "top of the state."

How's the heat treating you reaper?

Humboldt215
05-18-2008, 02:28 PM
love the 36!

the image reaper
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
ahhhh, you can almost smell the buds :computerlove1:

killerweed420
05-23-2008, 04:59 PM
LOts of room for guerilla grows up there.lol

boaz
06-03-2008, 01:46 AM
^ ahhh, thank you, image reaper, you just reminded me of my trip down that same highway. we actually started out in s.f. took highway one all the way from marin to arcata and then across the mountains to trinity/shasta. we camped out in the mountains of humbolt, trinity and i think mendo. what a trip. i'll never forget going thru the redwood tree you can drive thru and asking the dude if it was worth it (i was pretty baked :rastasmoke:) and he just gave me this total california look like 'what da fuck do you think, dude, its a big tree you drive thru' :D :stoned:

oh, yeah, my favorite motorcycle route, back when i lived in l.a. was somewhere up pch just north of malibu i think was this road that kinda veered off into what was then nothing but country side by the ocean. always made for a cool ride.

d4twamp
06-04-2008, 06:35 AM
I too have been on 36 to the coast. the last time we went to eureka we tried 36 for the 1st time, they were doing road work so the trip wasn't great. Beautiful country though. I moved up to Shasta Co. 12 years ago if I leave this area I'm gettin outta Cali.
But I love it here.

later D:S5:

Humboldt215
06-05-2008, 02:39 AM
you drove right past me :P

boaz
06-05-2008, 06:59 PM
you drove right past me :P

^ :D can't wait to come back! i love the left coast! :cool: loved living out there and love coming back as touristo. :rasta:

shmokin420
06-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Another little tidbit about Trinity is it's hald the size of Conneticut but if you flattened the mountains it would be the size of Texas.