PDA

View Full Version : Mortarebel strains?!?!?

rastaman79
05-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Hello All,
Ive just been given a rather generous amout of Mortarebel seeds- 20 Dirty harry,20 Berrybolt and 20 Gourdbuster,but I want to find out as much as I can about them before i germinate them.All Ive manage to find so far is the seedbank(mortarebel) and what they are crosses from.I cant seem find a site/page for mortarebel? Any info would be well apprieciated,Thanks,RM.

stinkyattic
05-15-2008, 01:14 PM
You may have been searching his name spelled wrong- there's only 1 'r' in it.

Practice on bagseed first. You have been given a valuable gift that many growers would give a nut for. Motarebel got busted some time ago, then the next breeder (RushMan) running his genetics got busted only last month. Needless to say, Mota's stuff is not being produced any more, at least not in a way accessible to most of us.

Make sure you know what you are doing- which means bringing a bagseed at LEAST through to sexual maturity (about 6 weeks old) before popping those beans. They are irreplaceable.

Edit: Also FYI if you plan to grow, you might want to take down your avatar and profile pic (although I'm not complaining about the view ;) ) so you are a bit more anonymous.

the image reaper
05-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Motarebel was a fine American breeder, who, as Stinky suggested, is at least temporarily out of business :wtf: ... SAVE those seeds with a few grains of rice (to absorb moisture), and keep those in your refrigerator, until you have practiced a couple successful grows ... I've had contact with Mota, he deserves our respect and spiritual support, his genetics are worth saving :thumbsup:

rastaman79
05-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the tip guys.Im well happy with what I have then.I have had a few good grows since I was last posting about plant problems and such,so Im confident enough.I guess I'll just have to play it by ear with the flowering times.Ive germinated some berrybolt and some have already popped after only 30 hours! gonna put them out in a secret outdoor patch,then take a cutting for an indoor mother.Peace,RM.

GreenDestiny
05-15-2008, 05:10 PM
And don't forget to try making your own seeds with what you grow! Save a big strong male from each strain and pollinate your best females just a little. Even if the seeds don't turn out to be as good as the originals, it's still better to have a stockpile of seeds than to run out. You never know what will happen, consider it to be future insurance to keep the strains alive