PDA

View Full Version : The Ceiling Effect

GreenDestiny
05-09-2008, 04:39 AM
The ceiling effect - a term to loosely describe the limit of the high or stone, the point at which smoking/ingesting more cannabis fails to give increased effects.

A lot of us have had those strains that will get you mildly high but by continuing to smoke more in one session, it seems, you just can't get any higher! Then there are those strains which requires only a few hits and you are fighting to stay conscious and smoking any more at one time would be futile.

Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity, nor the funds, to experiment for myself to see which strains have the highest ceiling effect. When it comes to strong knock-out indicas, I've always seemed to outlast anyone else I've known. As for the sativas, just think of Beavis turning into Cornholio... it makes me want to go on a smoking binge for an eternity!

Set & setting, body chemistry, strain, cultivation method, and other environmental variables can all play a part in determining a ceiling effect. My purpose of this post is simple, so allow me to stop babbling and get to the point:

I would love for the seasoned and experienced tokers out there to share their insights into the ceiling effects of the strains you have encountered. It would be nice to know also which strains seem to affect tolerance levels over a given period of time.

Much thanks to anyone who replies, because I can't find enough specific or detailed info about this!

smokealot123
05-12-2008, 03:35 AM
ak 47 is like the knock out smoke as you were talking about.. if you smoke a fue bongs in a row you will feal like a bubble when you walk thinking that you are about to hit the floor, i made hash out of ak before (the sledgehammer technique) and i came real close to a blackout, luckily i did not green out on the floor that day.. it's also very easy to grow and grows very well outdoors !

blueberry is another 1 of my favorites because of it's amazing blueberry smell and it smells more potent than real blueberries lol.. this weed will instantly get you high as a kite but i find the stone is short lasting and it usually runs for $70 - $80 a quarter around here so your better off growing it or buy large quantites.

grapefruit - my favorite known strain (i have smoked 1 other kind of weed that i like better).. it has numbing/floating/tingly effect that seems to last for hours (i woke up baked before with this weed) and the buds are either green or purple but i think both has the same berry like taste:) this shit went for $320 an oz when it was around and dank weed such as blueberry ak and others were 200 an oz. someone i knew grew this strain last year and still has a big bag of it left :p

GreenDestiny
05-12-2008, 04:21 AM
I've had blueberry in my FACE, but I was temporarily out of cash at the moment and couldn't try any! A week later I had money but it was gone... You have no idea how frustrating that was for me, I've still yet to try any, let alone find it again. I'm pretty sure I've had AK, if I did I wouldn't have really known since most of what I've smoked came without a name (sadly intelligence is not a requirement for weed dealers). I've had some that smelled/tasted like grapefruit. It's been so long I can't remember exactly how high it got me.

Things like White Widow, Sour Diesel, Trainwreck, and Grandaddy purple didn't do much for me. Purple Haze was kinda ok. I think maybe they were not grown to their full potential or the genetics was just junk?

I just really wish I knew the names of the sativa strains that blasted me off into happy land. I know that the skunky indicas were awesome.

The very best one I've had to which I knew the name was Sensi Star. There's no way in hell I could have forgotten that one.
The 2nd best that I've had was some bud that looked almost yellow/gold... as if someone had rolled the buds around in some yellow dust or something.

The place where I got to try all the stuff was in Hawaii, where street prices for an ounce are around $380-420!!! And that's for ANY kind that's top grade, mids, and even some of the lows! Never any compressed schwag, but I've found some poor homegrown stuff there which goes for a little bit cheaper. And people won't share their main contacts as if it's a violation of national fuckin security... those bastards!

As for where I live now, back in my hometown, all we can get is the shitty dirt weed and sometimes the poor homegrown stuff.

I gotta get my life back together and order some seeds and grow my own professional quality bud once again.......