PDA

View Full Version : notta novice i need your help

jimmy5150guitars
02-27-2005, 06:35 AM
i recently enginered a N.T.F. system and i was wondering if you could tell me how often i should flood the tank and how slow the should drain , i have read that ntf is one of the most advanced systems you could have and since i have done so well with a bubbler i was just wanting to better myself in the wonderfull world of hydroponics, if you have any info i would be grattly appreciate it your advice in the past has turned me into a great bubbler gardner and i have herd ntf is more advanced and less maintence and i was just looking for a new challange. thanks i bult a syt for i would say 10-12 plants i am sur the nutes mix is the same and ph is the same but i need to get some tips from the master. see ya

jimmy

ps. if anyone else has used ntf i would like your input as well after all we all learn from each other thanks guys

notanovice
02-27-2005, 10:47 AM
how goes it?
i too used nft for a few grows and had good results. i made it out of pvc pipe.
i used 2 inch pvc for clones, and starting small plants, and then put them into 6 inch pvc. the only problem i had was that the root mass on the adult plants would sometimes block or slow down the nute flow in the 6 inch pvc, so you need to put an overflow in each tube.
i ran the pump 30 minutes every hour, sometimes i would run it 24/7.
the 24/7 worked well, but keep an eye on roots clogging the drain holes.
as long as the tubes are on a slight angle towards drain holes, 5 degrees at least, you should be ok.
you are correct on the nutes, same as bubblers. actually your res. would be set up similar to a bubbler except there would be a pump to push the solution through the tubes. i am sure you`ll be succesful in the nft.
if ya got anymore questions, drop me a line and i`ll try and answer them for you.
good luck
peace
and
grass

KanMan
02-28-2005, 03:40 PM
I know a couple of hydro growers that run the nutrient 24/7. The roots will grow quite a bit. One grower uses 12 litre buckets and rocks for a medium, he needs to keep an eye on the drains because the roots will plug the drains.

The other grower uses PVC pipe with net pots and vermiculite for a grow medium. Once the roots are hanging down to the bottom of the PVC pipe he puts the feeder lines at the far end of the PVC pipe. The roots grow all the way down the PVC pipe and in to the reservoir.

Good Kannabis Growing!

bonker7
04-11-2005, 12:32 AM
wow good qustion i tried a few tim difss ie 30 on 30 of blay blay blay so i say if not bust dont fix saw no diference in the changing so i sware by 24/7 .sometimes my plants send some of there roots straight into the resevor craze i know .plus nft works well with 24/7 it creates a film of water thats what nft is .i use many taks at same time they hold 70liters each so testing diferent ways is easy 4 me so the professor says 24/7 tried and tessted.stayslippery