PDA

View Full Version : Our First Dispernsary Visit! First Impressions.....

Weedhound
04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
So Mr Hound and I went to some Northern CA dispensaries yesterday to see what's, what they were like etc.....In some ways they were what we expected (they sold GANJA!) but in several other ways they were not at ALL what we thought they would be.

We went to three total. Two of the three dispensaries had armed security guards (one had two......one outside and one inside as well) and in the third place the owner had a pistol in his belt.

Only one was in an area of town that REALLY made me nervous despite the guard and Mr Hound being right there......the two others were in very average spots (although it was mentioned to me that one place had been robbed several times....hence the guns...) and the procedure to get INTO the building was a bit.......we brought our letters and STILL had to be verified by phone......at all three places! Neither one of us are complaining about it....just seems sad that it all has to be so securely done and guarded. We completely understand WHY it had to be done and THATS the part that is sad we feel. Once everything was verified we were let in to look around.

west coast style
04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Care to share which clubs you visited? I've only been to 3 so far (PCC in Berkeley, Blue Sky in Oakland, and HS in Richmond).

And yeah, it's a hassle to get verified by phone, but too many people are making fake recommendations (it's pretty damn easy) to get into the clubs. That's why I just went and got my OCBC card so I never have to be verified.

I'm trying to find a place with some good clones, though.

Weedhound
04-29-2008, 07:11 PM
These are actually in the Sacramento area. They were Hugs, Doctor's Orders and Nor Cal Alternative Healing......all within the limits of the city of Sac. At the places you went were they heavily guarded as well?

Weedhound
04-29-2008, 07:29 PM
So after all the phone calls, filling out forms etc....we went into the first place. We only bought something at one place but were impressed by the selection offered.....most straight ganj at $20 gram and clones between $15-25 apiece. All three places were pretty different as far as the building itself. One was a house, one a rented office and one new looking building that was most likely put up for that purpose.

I glanced at the clones and saw nothing wrong with them......from a distance of about 5 feet so cannot talk about pests or anything but all the clones I saw (2 places had them) seemed like healthy and happy plants to me WSC. :)

inbud
04-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Sounds like You all had a fine day, cept the guns anyway. i was hesitating this year getting my state card, but after hearing of the hassel of just using the recomendation, maybe i will get it. i just asumed with out the card you could not get into those places. guess i was wrong there. Thanks for the info.
Maybe next time down that way i will look in on one.

gp7787
04-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I would take a guess and say that the places west coast style went to were prolly guraded...I dont know about Berkley but i bet Oakland and Richmond had gurards...

How many clubs you think they have in the TOWN?

Weedhound
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey thanks for reading you guys. :) I was struck by several things that I wanted to post....the main being AGAIN....contrary to what I would have thought (and what I grew up with) the patients using these places were NOT a bunch of sad ass stoners. We saw people from ALL walks of life here and whenever I see that I am reminded that it really is NOT the same it used to be. Cannabis DOES have good medical applications....and most likely many more than it is used for now.

THAT gets me to start thinking about things that folks like Markass have always talked about......legalizing. I'm somewhat ashamed to say that while I've used cannabis for several years it's only in the last few MONTHS I've learned more about than I ever did before (except for growing it). And had my mind changed about its use about 180 degrees. And I like to consider myself...well...perhaps SOMEWHAT learned.....(as do we all :D) so there are a LOT more folks out there who minds need to be opened in this respect.

Weedhound
04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Inbud....bring your doc's letter, CA ID or DL and come at a time when your doctors office is open and can be called to verify you are a patient. We were told this at absolutely EVERY single place we looked into. I don't think you have to do this EVERY time you go.....once you are verified at a place you are good after that. :)

west coast style
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say they were heavily guarded. They all had a guard out front. I don't think they had any guns, at least not visibly. They guards are pretty friendly, I just show them my card and they let me in. The shop in Oakland (Blue Sky) is actually a coffee/juice shop up front (I see kids in here all the time), and you buy the meds in the back room. There is a guard in front, though.

For the card, go to Welcome to PIDC's Home Page (http://www.rxcbc.org) for more info. I faxed them my doctor's rec to get pre-verified. Then I just went to their place, filled out some forms, took a picture and got my card. They even gave me a list of dispensaries/coops in the state of CA.

To my knowledge, there are four clubs in Oakland: Blue Sky (formerly known as SR-71) on 17th street, California Advocate Relief Exchange (CARE) on Broadway, Purple Heart Center on 4th, and Harborside Health Center off Embarcadero.

And thanks for the info, Weedhound, I'll have to check out those places if I'm ever out around the Sac area!

west coast style
04-30-2008, 07:20 AM
I went to another place in Berkeley called Berkeley Patients Group off San Pablo Ave.

The staff was super friendly. They had a big white board in the back as their menu the strains they currently had. When I went in today around 6:45 PM (they were closing at 7), their top-grade was All-Star Romulan for $60 w/tax. I picked up an eighth of some stuff called Goosh and some Jack Herer. Both sativas. Both really good. They had a bunch of edibles (a good variety) and hash/kif. I think they also had some cheap schwag/bammer called El Bueno, but no thanks on that one.

Anyway, like I said, the dude up front on the register was very friendly and gave me a quick rundown since I was new to the place. They also let you medicate on site so it's cool to have a place to chill at and relax (although I did not have a chance to today). Oh yeah, they give you some card and for every $20 you spend (before taxes), you get a $1 credit on that card. I guess that's cool, but that means I'll have to spend $1000 to have enough credit for a $50 eighth. lol. It's worth a visit, IMO.

the image reaper
04-30-2008, 02:39 PM
their top-grade was All-Star Romulan for $60 w/tax.

was that $60 for an 1/8, or 1/4 oz. ? ... :smokin:

west coast style
04-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Oh, sorry. The Romulan was $60 for an 1/8th. I got the Goosh for $55, and the Jack Herer was $50.

Weedhound
04-30-2008, 04:46 PM
WCS.....We ended up buying a gram of Super Silver Haze for $20/gram....the taste was a TAD harsh....but NICE high and when checked under our scope there was some NICE trichs on it with plenty of ambers etc.....what we bought had been well grown I feel and was very good weed.

One place also gave us two free doobies for stopping by.....the taste on these was EXTREMELY harsh (uncured for sure...) but the high was creeper and snuck up on you before bonking you over the head pretty good. :thumbsup:

the image reaper
04-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh, sorry. The Romulan was $60 for an 1/8th. I got the Goosh for $55, and the Jack Herer was $50.

thanks :thumbsup: I grow my own, so don't really know what common pricing is like, these days ... a friend has been asking me what to expect to pay at a dispensary, and I couldn't give him an answer :jointsmile:

SnSstealth
04-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I am soooooooooooooooooooooo moving to cali.
this thread has decided it for me. im getting out of this backwards ass state.

db:smokin:

p.s. sorry for the clutter just really green w/ envy over here.

Weedhound
04-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Well my area is starting to get crowded so you'd better hurry! :D

west coast style
04-30-2008, 07:49 PM
One place also gave us two free doobies for stopping by.....the taste on these was EXTREMELY harsh (uncured for sure...) but the high was creeper and snuck up on you before bonking you over the head pretty good. :thumbsup:

Nice! I love it when places show compassion and give out free stuff to patients! The place I went to yesterday, unfortunately, did not give me anything free, but the other place in Berkeley gave me a couple of edibles.

And yes, Stealth, Cali is a great place to live! :smokin:

SnSstealth
04-30-2008, 11:40 PM
I am glad you got a good view of people there WH...It just kinda saddens me that Cali. is a legal med state now...providing medicine, and still charging outrageous street prices...I mean, make your money, but damn...the average price to grow an O of kind...is $18...not including initial investment, or seeds...I feel, and again, this is MHO, but dont street price it and then expect people to thank you for providing the service, even Amsterdam is WAY cheaper.
Thats really all I have bad to say about it though...lol sorry to bring any bad juju to an otherwise great experience you had...
WT

The Colonel
05-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Thats why you GOTTA grow your own!

Weedhound
05-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Actually Stealth the prices were lower than I expected....Consider the place that has to hire TWO guards....the place with the owner and his pistol had ALREADY BEEN robbed which is why he had it in the first place.

If the feds would back their asses off I'd bet the prices would go WAY down. ;)

d4twamp
05-03-2008, 06:37 PM
hey WH I too am a med patient, I'm in the 530 and I've only been to doctors orders in sac they are ok . were you and the hubby looking for produce or clones or just checking out the scene. Have you heard of the place in lake county clones only west coast clones I think but not sure. I just cut a crap load of gdp's yesterday, got some gdp's flowering in soil and some purp kush clones from the sr-71 in oaksterdam in ebb n flo only a week in.
If your looking for clones have you checked out weedbay.com there are so many people lookin to move cuttings rooted or not.

later D:S5:

RobPA
05-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone. Obviously im not in CA but do use Cannabis for actual medicinal reasons 1 being sever insomnia which I was prescribed 10mg ambien for and the stuff would knock me out but i would hate how i would have no memory of the night before. I also have disabled parents (one with a form of MS) that use cannabis medicinally. I read these posts to get an idea of what the prices are like at dispensaries, as my parents are thinking of moving out that way for a change of scenery. What ive noticed is that I understand there is a crazy variety of all the differant strains you can obtain, but that the prices are pretty much the exact same. Real good "Namebrand" type stuff around here is 20 bucks a gram at most. I was just thinking that It being legal at a dispensary that maybe the prices would be a bit better? But i guess with DEA and federal pressure even on growers the risk is still there. But is my observation correct that the cheapest prices you will see at dispensaries is 20 bucks a gram ?

Thank you!

d4twamp
05-03-2008, 11:29 PM
depends on the club, I've been to one in nor cal that had a purplexBB strain for $10 a g, hate to say it but that club has been shut down. but most of the clubs in the bay and sac area are the same in price, unless you grow it urself then its wut u put n 2 it... hopefully the laws will soon change for med patients at the federal level. but then we have to pay a tax on it:cursing::cursing::cursing: tell ur parents if the do decide to come out here 2 the wild west be sure to go to canorml.com to see the county limits here in cali. so they can choose their county wisely...

later, D:S5:

d4twamp
05-03-2008, 11:32 PM
DAMN I just realized I missed 4twamp oh well it's always 4:20 in the 530

Weedhound
05-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Stealth no offense but in thinking about the work we put into our plants I'd have to say I feel our time, energy and four months is worth more than $18 oz.....just my :twocents:

RobPA
05-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Stealth no offense but in thinking about the work we put into our plants I'd have to say I feel our time, energy and four months is worth more than $18 oz.....just my :twocents:

What do you think is fair honestly? Having been a distributior all my life this is the iultimate question. What is the average price you would say you would charge for ''Good Sensi Awesomeness'' or a run of the midd seedy schwag that gives a decent high in joints. What are they worth?

SnSstealth
05-04-2008, 01:40 PM
I mean cost alone WH...not your time and effort. Maybe I said that wrong...My only point with that is that if it COST $18 an oz, you should, IMHO, be buying it for "medicinal" purposes, i.e., helping people, they shouldn't charge per gram what it costs to grow an oz...thats all I am saying. $30 an eighth is more than reasonable...for a "legal" medicine provider...Just my:twocents: as well....
whiskeytango

Weedhound
05-04-2008, 05:03 PM
It IS the question isn't it Rob? I knew what you meant Stealth....just was thinking the other day as I was working in the garden....$18 oz just didn't do it. But I completely agree that $400 etc oz is ridiculous as well.

I honestly think the issue is laws.....(supply and demand)....if it were legal you'd see a fair price drop (but then of course it would be taxed so the price would go back up but not as much as it is now.) What's fair? You'd have to ask the people who need it and are paying for it I think.

Then there's also the issue of smoking/vaping/eating.....should a patient have to pay more because they eat the weed instead of smoking it? That part doesn't seem right to me really either.....

greenatik
05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
weed... nice to someone else in the sac area.

may i suggest cannacare? they have clones and usually a good selection.
:thumbsup:

d4twamp
05-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I agree with Weedhound it's the laws that will have to change before we see any price changes..

Until it's decriminalized at the federal level, at least for patients supposedly protected by prop 215 & sb 420 it won't change much...
I grew up the north bay and the wine country 15 yrs ago it was $60 an 1/8 I've heard of people charging $75 an 1/8. And people are buying it up.

We all have done it some time or another, payed more for bud then what we knew it was worth, just cause it was bomb or there was a drought... classic example of supply and demand..

my :twocents::twocents:

Revanche21
05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
have you guys checked out greencross? they deliver and beat anyones prices

favorites:
super gu
Gold dust
Purple urkle
Mendo Grape
Super Silver haze

I buy oz at a time, 265 for overstock! 225 for mix bags!

can't beat these guys prices and quality I swear
been to about 4 clubs, all a rip off imo.

thatotherkid
05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
hey i dont wanna sound like a noob...
but can anyone buy weed from these places?
or is it prescribed?

Weedhound
05-06-2008, 05:19 PM
You have a doctor's letter of recommendation in a medical mj state kid in order to buy at the dispensaries.

Revanche...overstock? Mixed bag? Is mixed bag several different kinds of weed mixed together to make an ounce?

Revanche21
05-06-2008, 05:39 PM
You have a doctor's letter of recommendation in a medical mj state kid in order to buy at the dispensaries.

Revanche...overstock? Mixed bag? Is mixed bag several different kinds of weed mixed together to make an ounce?

google > thegreencross

Weedhound
05-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Well I did but since it's in SF it's not really very near....the home page is confusing somewhat so I'll live without the "mixed bag" info.

Besides....who said we were going to the dispensaries to buy anything, lol? ;) :jointsmile:

Revanche21
05-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Well I did but since it's in SF it's not really very near....the home page is confusing somewhat so I'll live without the "mixed bag" info.

Besides....who said we were going to the dispensaries to buy anything, lol? ;) :jointsmile:

The sell 280$ oz and 265$ overstock oz 225$ mixed bags (various strains all in one bag)

Weedhound
05-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the info Revanche....SF is couple hours away from us so not really close enough to explore.

It's really hard getting a line on "amounts".....i've never heard of a "mixed bag" but will freely admit I know ZERO about the co-ops and dispensaries so appreciate any info. :)

RobPA
05-06-2008, 10:22 PM
The sell 280$ oz and 265$ overstock oz 225$ mixed bags (various strains all in one bag)

Those prices i could deffenitely live with!

SnSstealth
05-06-2008, 10:40 PM
eh, .....I'll take free outta my closet anyday...lol
whiskeytango

d4twamp
05-08-2008, 11:18 PM
eh, .....I'll take free outta my closet anyday...lol
whiskeytango

Hell yeah I hear you WT I take the free sh*t outta the puter room lol...

D:S5:

west coast style
05-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Went out to SF today and hit up 4 clubs! I got an 8th of each strain:

Hash Star from CannaMed Care ($63, comes in a glass jar) - absolutely yummy
Pinot Noir from Grass Roots Clinic ($40) - smells/tastes nice, could've been trimmed better
Lamb's Bread from Divinity Tree ($50) - looks great, smokes great
Orange Crush from HopeNet ($50) - the best sativa they had atm

I must add in CannaMed Care has a pretty nice lounge where you can just chill and smoke. They have a place where you can roll up blunts/joints, and they have bongs that you can use for free. Once I bought the Hash Star, I packed a bowl in one of the bongs and smoked. Pretty nice spot.

I also got a gram of Honeybud (bud dipped in hash oil/kif, repeated 6 times) for $50. I've smoked 0.2 and that stuff really knocks you on your ass.

HerbalConfusion
05-09-2008, 05:28 PM
have you guys checked out greencross? they deliver and beat anyones prices

favorites:
super gu
Gold dust
Purple urkle
Mendo Grape
Super Silver haze

I buy oz at a time, 265 for overstock! 225 for mix bags!

can't beat these guys prices and quality I swear
been to about 4 clubs, all a rip off imo.

i have had their super gu and purple gu both a++ for a good price. I dont live in cali but i have smoked their bud. They have really good hindu kush/skunk as well. :hippy:

Weedhound
05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
I want to try some of that HONEYBUD! Never heard of it......have to track that baby down!!!!

PlantHeadJ
05-09-2008, 07:14 PM
yeah for real I have way more than 18$ into each O. You have inspired me to figure out what it cost total for a gram of self grown. Electric, bulb replacements, media, water,...etc. I think this will be fun, tthanks!!

WH I too have been realizing more and more that good people of all walks of life are using Mj for legitimate reasons. I use it to focus. I am naturally scattered in the melon. i get bored with things I love within minutes and lose track of what I'm doing. A little toke and I can focus all day on my work. Hopefully the feds will understand this eventually. Peace.

SnSstealth
05-09-2008, 07:16 PM
do your math planthed....you may be surprised:thumbsup:
whiskeytango

west coast style
05-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I want to try some of that HONEYBUD! Never heard of it......have to track that baby down!!!!

You definitely need to try it! I've heard of it before, so when I saw it at HopeNet, I just knew I had to try it out. Very satisfied with that purchase.

Revanche21
08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Green Cross prices went up to 302$ for an oz and they no longer have Super Gu or any other good strains... whats going on?!:mad:

west coast style
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
That's a big price jump. I haven't personally used Green Cross, but I've heard good things about their services. I'll have to try them out sometime.

bayareapurps
08-14-2008, 10:52 PM
THOSE 3 ARE WEEK....... i only go to the 2 best clubs in the bay area CmC (canna med california) off sutter in san francisco and Harbor side off embarqadero in Oakland... BEST CLUBS

west coast style
08-15-2008, 05:04 PM
It's CannaMed Care, actually.

And I like Purple Heart better than Harborside, to be honest.

You must like overpaying for meds because those are probably the two most expensive clubs in the Bay.

veggii
08-15-2008, 05:55 PM
hey Wh thz for the reports on the sac co-ops did you see one called Mendo-Wear I heard it just opened not long ago in sac was wondering how it is ??

and oh yea not going there too buy anything ?? just window shopping ?? :D