PDA

View Full Version : pH levels?

rubus123
03-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi,
how high can your water pH levels be without effecting the plants? what symptoms do you see when the pH is too high?
thanks

ewells2420
03-09-2004, 05:14 AM
Well I know anything above 8.0 will be....kinda high. I think plot plants can survive up to 9.0 for a small amount of time. Idealy keep it at 7.2-7.5, they like a little acidity to the water being as they are an acidic type plant. By no means I claim this info to be absolutely correct but I think this might help you.

KanMan
03-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi,
how high can your water pH levels be without effecting the plants? what symptoms do you see when the pH is too high?
thanks

As high as 7.0 is ok but... local hydro growers in my area keep it @ 5.8 for best results.

See a picture of PH issues at the OG FAQ figure 5 @
http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1111

Good Growing!

mrxthethcman
03-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Personaly i keep mine @ a ph reading of anything between 5.8-6.2.I've had the best results from keeping the ph @ this level.But u have to keep in mind what the water is like in your area, if its chalky and ur kettle is limescaled up then its hard water meaning its slightly acidic.The water in my area b4 i've adjusted it is about the 7.0-72.ph.

Mancunian
03-28-2004, 09:38 PM
5.5 to 5.8 is perfect,slight fluctuations either way are not problematic.

moondog
04-17-2004, 04:32 PM
I try to keep mine about 6.0. Buy a PH test kit form you hydroshop. The ones in garden centres arnt accurate enough If you can afford an electronic Ph meter it makes life easier. I use Phosphoric acid as PH down and liquid silicon as PH up. The silicon also helps to give strong stems. Both available from UK hydro shops

sivaram
05-10-2004, 05:52 AM
Hi,
thanks

a pH range of 5.6-6.7 will be helpful for most of the plants, use grow mediums like Neem coir, coco peat which has optimum pH lelvels

http://www.greeneem.com

perthkiwi
07-22-2004, 02:39 AM
hows it where i am my ph is 6 for veg up to 6.8 flower .as a plant grows it use many diffrent nutrients so you got to raise ph as a plant grows . same as ec i started at2.6 in veg first three weeks then up tp 3 in bloom hope this helps

the ratman

NowhereMan
07-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Well I know anything above 8.0 will be....kinda high. I think plot plants can survive up to 9.0 for a small amount of time. Idealy keep it at 7.2-7.5, they like a little acidity to the water being as they are an acidic type plant. By no means I claim this info to be absolutely correct but I think this might help you.

hell you even try to help i will thank you

i agree about the 9 being deadly
so is 4 ,,least outdoor where i am.
ive had plants to ,,,just die from lack of care,
tested the siol after wards,when i finally went back to them
(must understand they were hours hiking away)
im in a area that has alot of clay in the soil up high so its not that easy
to adjust soil way back there,some remote spot steep slope ect,
see you gotta go where the people dont go
i think a few storms washed all the ferts out of the siol
had i noticed could of easy cured
learn by our mistakes
peace