PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana dispensary ban permanently extended

Psycho4Bud
04-25-2008, 10:35 AM
A unanimous decision by the Planning Commission to officially ban medical marijuana dispensaries in Redondo Beach will next be recommended for the City Council??s consideration.

The Planning Commission held a public hearing in nearly empty chambers April 17, and with zero members of the public offering input, made quick work of staff??s recommendation to transform a two-year moratorium on the establishment of medical marijuana dispensaries within the city to a permanent prohibition via an amended zoning code.

When one such dispensary set up shop at 210 Herondo in May 2006 and neglected to first file for a valid business license, the city took action against it. A 45-day moratorium on the establishment of such businesses was imposed that June; in August the moratorium was extended approximately 11 more months, and again extended another full year in June 2007. That moratorium will expire on June 26.

??This is an issue all South Bay cities have been dealing with,? said Planning Director Randy Berler. ??The action was against a dispensary that came in without the city??s approval ? at a time when dispensaries were popping up all over. We were one of many cities to impose moratoriums.?

With a looming expiration date, Berler and city staff recommended to the Planning Commission an outright ban of medical marijuana dispensaries and an amendment to the zoning ordinance that specifically reflects that ban. Staff did offer the commission a second option during last Thursday??s meeting, one that would permit but stringently regulate dispensaries within the city, but that alternative was quickly dismissed.

In a 100-plus-page staff report, Berler cited many articles and studies that indicated that where medical marijuana dispensaries were established, the quality of public health, safety and welfare had been compromised.

??There were communities that allowed the dispensaries and were sympathetic to their users, but there were unintended, unforeseen consequences,? Berler said Friday, mentioning for example an increase of crime and outright public use of marijuana within close proximity to the dispensary.
The Beach Reporter - (http://www.tbrnews.com/articles/2008/04/24/redondo_beach_news/news12.txt)

Increase of crime? What a load of crap!:mad:

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

Markass
05-01-2008, 04:15 AM
We the people...oh wait...not anymore we aren't..The constitution was written because the founders knew what happened when government had too much power...Unfortunately, America is blind to that. Times have changed, so we don't need the constitution anymore anyways.

8182KSKUSH
05-01-2008, 05:21 AM
You know what, I don't feel sorry for anyone that lives there. The city council didn't do anything wrong, the people did, by being absent and un-involved in their local government. No one was banned from the meeting right? It was in public right? The people on the council are freely elected right? They have every right to do what they did legally am I wrong? The glaring point that I saw was that NO ONE WAS THERE. Fuck'em. :S4:Whose to say that they aren't doing exactly what the people there want, or at least the majority of them?

Advocates like ourselves, need to participate in, respect, and work with in the system. Just the fact that the city did not want one, and yeah I know I will save someone the trouble of telling me that it was a few people in the city government that did it, but you know what. They didn't seize power with force did they. No . So stfu.

Sorry on a rant. I am just at a point where I could really care less for people that don't want to help themselves. Does it suck that the local government there is doing that yes, but nothing is permanent. I wonder how many registered voters in that county even voted in the last election, or signed the fucking petition that was out. My guess, less than 10?

I think that is where "Chris Norton" is from isn't it? Sorry off point, he is a fictional celebrity. :jointsmile:

8182KSKUSH
05-01-2008, 05:26 AM
We the people...oh wait...not anymore we aren't..The constitution was written because the founders knew what happened when government had too much power...Unfortunately, America is blind to that. Times have changed, so we don't need the constitution anymore anyways.

Nice avatar by the way markass! Fuck it creeps the shit out of me every time I see it, but anyway.

I think you are way off in this specific instance. The people that live there are most probably too ignorant, or apathetic to even know that anything happened. That's the problem, it's not like the city council was operating in secret? They likely did what they think is the "right thing" to do. Doesn't make them commi pinkos or anything, (not to say they aren't) but I don't see anything wrong with what they did. If it is a local outrage then we should hear all kinds of outcry, and we would see a change in leadership of the local city government. But I am betting my money on, no one even notices. Just my 2 cents.:jointsmile:

Markass
05-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Nice avatar by the way markass! Fuck it creeps the shit out of me every time I see it, but anyway.

I think you are way off in this specific instance. The people that live there are most probably too ignorant, or apathetic to even know that anything happened. That's the problem, it's not like the city council was operating in secret? They likely did what they think is the "right thing" to do. Doesn't make them commi pinkos or anything, (not to say they aren't) but I don't see anything wrong with what they did. If it is a local outrage then we should hear all kinds of outcry, and we would see a change in leadership of the local city government. But I am betting my money on, no one even notices. Just my 2 cents.:jointsmile:

But then again...who's to say that these meetings are even known about after they're called..They already know the people voted for such thing..

This is where the precedence in laws gets senseless..Federal law overrides state law, but in instances like this, local laws, such as the bans on dispensaries override state law?? It's apparently to take precedence in whatever way they want..They just choose not to act on the people's will in any case. Any form of our government just does as they please..enforcing whichever laws at whichever levels sounds good to them.

And indeed...I couldn't help but crack up when I came across this picture...Of course I'm not a hilary fan..but it is a good avatar

phatsesh101
05-01-2008, 06:51 PM
lets take a second here to explain something illegal marijuana sells fuels a lower level economyespecially in places such as redondo so many potheads

you see if dispensaries open up many people will be out of a job

cops will also have less busts = less money

i know that some things are frowned upon here but we all started smoking im sure b4 we obtained are license so some rules are arbitrary i do not believe that people shouldnt smoke for ailments or any other reason for that matter but im not sure im for legalization cause some people i know would starve and die if everybody started groeing there own not to mention dispensaries are really expensive

8182KSKUSH
05-01-2008, 08:35 PM
And indeed...I couldn't help but crack up when I came across this picture...Of course I'm not a hilary fan..but it is a good avatar

It's fucking spooky ass creepy to me. Creeps the shit outta me. She looks like one of those paligamist ladies that have been on the news lately!!!AWWWW
GET THE FUCK OFF MY TV AWWWWW!!!
Sorry about that.:jointsmile:

Markass
05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
It's fucking spooky ass creepy to me. Creeps the shit outta me. She looks like one of those paligamist ladies that have been on the news lately!!!AWWWW
GET THE FUCK OFF MY TV AWWWWW!!!
Sorry about that.:jointsmile:

lmao