PDA

View Full Version : Need help from marijuana peeps in the know...

Dermatio
03-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Sadly, my father has cancer and the chemotherapy has been sigificantly affecting his appetite. His doctor 'suggested' that he could try to smoke marijuana to attempt to get his appetite back.

Being a uber-conservative Irish Catholic I was pretty amazed that he'd come and ask me for my help. But none-the-less, right now I'd do anything to get him what he needs. He's lost an incredible amount of weight.

So, what I need help in... is there a particular strain of marijuana that gives off a symptom of munchies greater than others? If so, what is it?

I live in New York City and have pretty good resources to find a particular strain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

METH LAB
03-08-2004, 07:11 PM
They all do... its a consistant effect with any decent strain.

peace

Boojum
03-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Pure indica or indica heavy hybrids are generally considered better for non pain management medi use, sativa is better for pain management. Any herb should work for appetite, the munchies is because THC alters the way your body metabolises carbohydrate & fat, so as long as it's good herb it'll have the desired effect.

METH LAB
03-09-2004, 02:43 AM
Nah thats wrong m8, indica's are for pain with the extra muscle relaxant.... sativa's are a good head trip for recreational users.

Indicas = sedative / pain relief / mild dreamy euphoria

sativas = head trip / fast pulse / more stimulant

Both give you munchies.

peace

ewells2420
03-09-2004, 05:57 AM
Sorry to hear man, my mother died from cancer so I know how it feels. But sorry to say I dont know anything about that, or if there has ever been any actual research. I dont think a message board is a good place to look, try searching on google for articles from universities (if research has ever been done regaurding that). I say this because it sounds your time is valuable and you need to get the CORRECT true info, the hard facts the first time around.

sativaindica
03-09-2004, 07:57 PM
there are growing clubs in NY, id try reach them on boards.marihemp.com in the medical section. I belive strains used for medical users are harvested later then most strains for a better desired effect, otherwise, Im not sure what to tell you, sorry to hear that man.

KEGS
04-21-2006, 06:25 PM
sorry to hear that about your dad.
just call one of those bike messenger's
theay always have good smoke.
good luck. Keg's

MrGuy
04-21-2006, 07:14 PM
My heart goes out ta ya, man.
I concur w/ Meth Lab. Check the net.
Also, my sources (doctors) tell me that the smoke ya grow is better then the medicinal pills perscribed.
Do a little net research and you'll see.
Hope things get better. peace

del...
04-21-2006, 07:41 PM
i'm a licensed med user in nevada for nearly 5 years now and got it from having to go through multiple back surgeries and fusions...so here's my take;

if you're looking for increasing his appetite, almost any strain will help with that with sativa's leading the way but indica's can also help better with the nausea that comes with eating. indica's is also the one most pain users chose as it relaxes the muscles more and is already well known as a spasm reducer. but others like the uplifting, more cerebral buzz of a good sativa...which would be my choice too if wanting to clean the house or wash the car. but for peace and comfort, i'll take my sweet tooth or blueberry.

del...
04-21-2006, 07:43 PM
dammitt you guys...i just saw the date when this was made. who keeps digging up this old shit anyway???

Euphoric
04-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Necroposters!

mont974x4
04-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Old, but still good information to be shared for us MM folks.

daima
04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Nah thats wrong m8, indica's are for pain with the extra muscle relaxant.... sativa's are a good head trip for recreational users.

Indicas = sedative / pain relief / mild dreamy euphoria

sativas = head trip / fast pulse / more stimulant

Both give you munchies.

peace

good save meth lab:thumbsup:

dai*ma:stoned:

daima
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Sadly, my father has cancer and the chemotherapy has been sigificantly affecting his appetite. His doctor 'suggested' that he could try to smoke marijuana to attempt to get his appetite back.

Being a uber-conservative Irish Catholic I was pretty amazed that he'd come and ask me for my help. But none-the-less, right now I'd do anything to get him what he needs. He's lost an incredible amount of weight.

So, what I need help in... is there a particular strain of marijuana that gives off a symptom of munchies greater than others? If so, what is it?

I live in New York City and have pretty good resources to find a particular strain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My wife died of breast cancer. I wish you and your family the best.
Go to the internet cafe on 3rd street and ask for Ron. He is in the Medical MJ loop in Manhattan. You cant miss it. Right by the hells angels club

dai*ma:stoned:

yzstoned
04-29-2006, 03:13 AM
there was a website of different strains nd it had a section for most affective medicinal strains, i think that it was haze, durban poison, nd one other one. dont take my word on it tho.

beachguy in thongs
04-29-2006, 04:59 AM
Well, THC has many medical uses, as well as, Cannabidiol. Indicas are higher in Cannabidiol (non-psychoactive) and Sativas are higher in THC.