PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions about Dispensaries in Washington!!!

LmaoRofl
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
I recently watched "Super High Me" a documentary sort of like "Super Size Me" and in it a guy did not smoke for 30 days and then smoked for 30 days and took tests along the way, anyways in it it talked about California dispensaries, there are about 350 in Cali. and California makes 12 billion a year right now from it because it is the largest cash crop in the U.S.A. California makes about 1/3 of that cash crop right now, It's gotten so big that L.A. is now nicknamed "Los Gangales"

This leaves me to wonder why there aren't any in Washington since it is legal to obtain medically here. Why hasn't anyone started one here? How hard is it to start one?

Oh and if you want to watch "Super High Me" here is the link, spread it around!
MEGAVIDEO - I'm watchin' it (http://www.megavideo.com/?v=8W8MGC0D)

Get back to me with any info! Peace :thumbsup:

pmpnsincprescoo
04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
counldnt tell you why we dont have any but i would really appriciate one cause of security im not able to grow

killerweed420
04-23-2008, 08:07 PM
The only one I've heard of is GreenCross in Seattle. There may be others. I think they keep a pretty low profile because of the large fed presence we have in our state. The good news is there are a lot of growers in Wa. If you have yo9ur MMJ authorization you can designate a grower to be your caretaker and he can do all the growing for you.

LmaoRofl
04-24-2008, 10:30 AM
How old do you have to be for a mmj card? :)

w07Rolla
09-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I recently watched "Super High Me" a documentary sort of like "Super Size Me" and in it a guy did not smoke for 30 days and then smoked for 30 days and took tests along the way, anyways in it it talked about California dispensaries, there are about 350 in Cali. and California makes 12 billion a year right now from it because it is the largest cash crop in the U.S.A. California makes about 1/3 of that cash crop right now, It's gotten so big that L.A. is now nicknamed "Los Gangales"

This leaves me to wonder why there aren't any in Washington since it is legal to obtain medically here. Why hasn't anyone started one here? How hard is it to start one?

Oh and if you want to watch "Super High Me" here is the link, spread it around!
MEGAVIDEO - I'm watchin' it (http://www.megavideo.com/?v=8W8MGC0D)

Get back to me with any info! Peace :thumbsup:

Perhaps they dont have any because they dont want anything similar to "Los Gangales" lol. I heard the reason we dont see any is because they are not supported by the law of Washington. Spokane, WA has had a few, all of which were raided. GreenCross claimed that they just help ppl get their mmj cards, but that was over the phone. Perhaps if you walked in with your mmj card they might have a different store, I dont know...

How old do you have to be for a mmj card? :)

I am pretty sure you need to be atleast 18. However, I knew a kid in high school (think he was only 17 at time) who had really bad glaucoma and he had a MMJ.

Josh

killthemessngr
10-06-2009, 09:41 PM
check out Flash Intro Page (http://www.budswa.com) they are a great service

ZionsLion
10-10-2009, 04:14 PM
There's no age minimum in this state but minors require a parents permission. This is written in the state law.

I've been to a few dispensaries in both WA and CA, and they always left me wondering what the big deal was. By that I mean that I got better quality at a better price from "drug dealers"

The thing that always makes me laugh about this subject is that I'm pretty sure most people with authorizations smoked herb BEFORE they got their card, this always makes me wonder why they don't just stick with what they know until they (or their provider) can grow some for them. 4 months from seed to bong isn't really that long.

Trichromaster
11-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Go to gandgsupplies.com. It is not a dispensary, but a group of patients which know medical marijuana and Washington state.

xcannabis
11-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Dispensaries in WA have strict regulations of being able to only provide to only one patient at any given time.

We have made some software that will help prove to law enforcement that only one patient is getting served at any given time.
The software is free and opensource.
Give it a test at: EmeraldPOS Systems HOME «EmeraldPOS systems (http://emeraldpos.com)

If we want dispensary prices to go down, we better help lower their overhead is my motivation behind releasing free software.
I am a patient and I think dispensary prices at between $15 to $20 per gram is worse than high risk prohibition prices. But I also realize dispensaries have a lot of overhead.
This is my attempt to lower the overheard of dispensaries in many ways. From accounting, to legal, to organizational and reporting. We save costs with EMERALDPOS.com (http://emeraldpos.com)

[attachment=o232282]

gypski
11-30-2009, 04:52 PM
All the years I used one particular so called dispensary, I was never charged more then $10 per gram. And it would rock your world. They also had medicine for less. They only marked up what they had or have available by a small margin. Its non-profit and keep the Cali profiteers out of Washington State. From what I have experienced and seen there is a continuing attempt to rise to Cali prices and this is ripping off medical users. Try getting medicine when you are on WA state disability at $339 a month and you need a gram a day for your mmj regime. Many in the WA mmj community are on one disability or another with fixed incomes. Keep the prices down and realistic or you are just in it for the profit. :jointsmile:

lionheart1
12-02-2009, 01:35 AM
I went down to Oaksterdam in CA. The weed was wack. The only nice thing is you can get it on the spot at the coffee shop. You dont got to wait around for your connect. You show your ID when you get in and they have you go to a back room and you order what you want. The quality is way better if you have an outside connect.

Matt the Funk
12-11-2009, 09:48 PM
It seems like most of the people in this thread had experiences with the wrong types of medical dispensaries in California. Many open solely for the money, but a decent amount are in it for the patients and thrive based on that. I believe some are now mostly closed to the public (the really good ones) but they are on every block.

California has so many because we have bigger issues to worry about, we were the first to pass the laws, our population is far greater, and I couldn't give you any real statistics but based on the large population I would say there are many, many, MANY more cannabis smokers. Also the laws make getting a medical cannabis recommendation very simple, just costs some money. I had one for a few years under the age of 18 and knew people that started to get them as time progressed (under 18 as well). In general the movement there is huge and the amount of recreational smokers with recommendations is very high. It's cheap legal protection for most of them, means they can grow their own without much concern, and it's pretty socially accepted amongst most crowds (almost entirely among the youth). This mix of factors and large amounts of cannabis grow here are why there are so many.

I have just moved to WA so I couldn't tell you why exactly, but I'm sure it has a lot to do (if not almost entirely) with LEO, population, and procedures for become a legal medical patient.