PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis Cup 2008

FanClerksHD
04-18-2008, 05:47 AM
A couple friends and I are considering going to the Cannabis Cup in November. We're still planning out stuff right now, trying to figure out the best travel packages, activities, etc.

Has anyone been to the Cup in recent years? How were your experiences? Any advice for a 1st timer?

eggrole1
04-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I'd like to know about this as well. A few mats and I were thinking about going, but think it might be a bit too commercial. Is the experience of the cup worth it, or would a trip to the dam just during a "normal" week be more chill?

MadSativa
05-06-2008, 01:46 AM
I cant tell you weather or not a trip during none cup times would be better but I have been to 4 cups including the last 2. What I liked is with your judes pass you get special deals and free samples. The last Cup, I got about an half OZ of serious dank the moment I picked up my samples. Their were alsoother samples I got for free but had to pick them up at different cafes. It was a weed/hash hunt the first 2 days. It was good cause we walked and rode our bikes throught the entire Central all the way down to Von. Park, got to know the area preatty good and picked up another quad of herbs and hash for free. Also with your judges pass you get deals, on other things. I needed a small glass pipe to smoke with and I got one for real cheap with my judes pass, like 20% off or sumthing. It was the same with herb and hash some places give you special deals off price, or they will have a judes special hour or a judges special strain. it was not like this everywhere but the places it was like this it was a cool thing. I did go to the museamus the first time I was their and I do recomend these things too. Also the red light district is expensive, so be prepared for this. Vegas is still more expensive but not by much

MadSativa
11-14-2008, 07:38 PM
And I dont get to go this time. So Im bummed, but oh well. would be nice, theirs always next year. I heard their was some good Cup's in Spain too, mabey one of those would be cool too. I think one is around 4/20/09 so I might check on that. Prices went down this year too, as far as stay and flight. I know some people that went for 1100 each. for 7 nights 8 days. Last year that could have been 2100, at least.

11-15-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm planning to go to the 2009 one. If I could afford it, I think I'd attend every year. I suggest doing a google search and go past the 1st page of results. I read a lot of good articles and first hand reports from the cup. There are also quite a few videos you can find taken of inside the cup. It looks like a giant convention. I think it's worth it to go cause there is a shuttle that takes you to the different shops that are participating and you just hop on and go to them all. 4:20am/4:20pm meetings, concert, contests, etc.

Here is one link that had some reading and clips...
Smoke up at Amsterdam's Cannabis Cup (http://www.thecircumference.org/experiences/cannabis-cup-amsterdam)

The 1st hand attendee reports were what helped me make up my mind. I did a search on these forums, but the results weren't specific enough for me to wade through all the other posts.

Best of luck! :jointsmile: