PDA

View Full Version : Attempted armed robbery of medical marijuana shop

Psycho4Bud
04-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Sacramento police are investigating an attempted armed robbery Thursday of Capitol Wellness Collective, a medical marijuana shop at 14th and X streets.

A card-carrying member of the club gained entrance to the security gate of the store about 10:30 a.m. Thursday, and was followed inside immediately by two young men carrying firearms.

One of the robbers carried a semi-automatic pistol and the other had a sawed-off, double-barrel shotgun, police said.

A security guard for Capitol Wellness wrestled the man with the shotgun and took it from him, and a fight started between the two robbers and staff of the collective. The card-carrying member of the collective left at that time.

The robbers also exited the building, and once on the sidewalk, one of the robbers pulled the slide back on his handgun, ejecting a live round to the ground. The robbers then fled in a four-door, late model black Cadillac, said officer Michelle Lazark, a police spokeswoman.

The first robber is described as a black male in his early to mid 20s, 6 feet tall and about 180 pounds. The other robber is a little taller and heavier. They both wore baggy clothing.

Police are trying to make contact with the member for an interview. Sacramento police are still investigating a similar attempted robbery of another marijuana club two weeks ago in south Sacramento.
Attempted armed robbery of medical marijuana shop - Sacramento Business Journal: (http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/stories/2008/04/07/daily60.html)

Scum of the earth!:mad:

Now watch, some dumbass politician is going to try to relate this robbery attempt to the addictiveness of marijuana or how marijuana and this type of criminal activity go hand in hand. :mad:

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

the image reaper
04-12-2008, 05:55 PM
damn, wrestling a guy with a shotgun, with an armed partner nearby ! ... that ain't the smartest move I've heard of, must love his money and plants a LOT more than I do ... even I ain't that crazy anymore (run up a few gun barrels in my day, but I was a lot faster back then :D) ... :jointsmile:

fenderninja
04-12-2008, 06:45 PM
this is bad news for legalization...

suffering
04-12-2008, 11:19 PM
armed robbery for medicine? sounds pretty stupid when you can grow your own, and alot less jail time if convicted for armed robbery...

the image reaper
04-12-2008, 11:23 PM
armed robbery for medicine? sounds pretty stupid when you can grow your own, and alot less jail time if convicted for armed robbery...

the lowlife type of people that steal, aren't about to put forth any effort, or patience, to grow their own ... they just keep on stealing, until they steal from the wrong person ... then, game over :jointsmile:

Weedhound
04-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I saw that on the news.....I think it was gang shit......what's really too bad is that apparently they opened the door to a person with an up to date mmj card who THEN let in his "two buddies." When the cops asked who the person with the mmj card was they were told the info was "confidential" and they were not at liberty to say.

Quite a shame but at least the shitty losers didn't get anything.

smok3y
04-13-2008, 02:11 PM
What a couple od idiots..:mad:

The security guard is a brave man, wresting with a guy with a shotgun...

Markass
04-15-2008, 01:24 PM
This reiterates my point of why medical marijuana store operators should be able to assert their second amendment rights without being 'criminals.'

I don't know about california, but I know most mom and pop convenience stores here in oklahoma have a gun under the counter...I know one guy that shoots at phone books inside his store that's deep in the ghetto here...Don't hear of people trying to rob his store...that's for sure..

I don't see why whoever the hell that person was that was arguing with me about it thinks just because marijuana's involved that means they can't have guns...They're legitimately operating...And they should have the right to protect their lives as well as their investment.

happpy1
04-16-2008, 01:27 AM
The collective policy is to always cooperate fully with armed robbers.
In the over 3 years of operation CWC has never had a single incident of any kind until this one.
CWC is a service oriented collective with over 40 free programs including massage,yoga, veterans support group, and HIV/AIDS counseling everyweek. The collective motto is "be fearless, choose love". As such there is a family, hang out like feeling and the patients are very protective of their space and each other. There are always many volunteers and patients gathered for classes and services.
When the door was opened for the patient and the gunman tried to rush in they put guns on the security guard and a vietnam veteran patient volunteer. The veteran immediately fought back and he,security, some volunteers and several patients bravely did their best to keep the intruders out of the building, not to save any material thing, because as a service based collective there's not much to take, but as the guard shouted, to "protect the girls", which included among other patients and volunteers, some young women in back and a 62 year old woman volunteer right in front. The guard is a brave, loyal, religious man who was trying to protect his "family", and other patients who helped, risked their lives for other, more vulnerable patients. No one was trying to make a point, but some patients were instinctively protective.
We are just so incredibly grateful that there were no serious injuries to any of the involved parties and we send thoughts of love, compassion and peace to all, including the gunman.