sorry for the dbl thread

my pc says theres 85,000 files on my pc

I think I know what 23 of them are

how do I get rid of all them files?

any suggestions will be welcomed greatly

thank you

apocolips31
04-05-2008, 08:25 PM
DON'T randomly delete files that you don't know what they are. You could seriously screw up your system.

Metaphor
04-06-2008, 03:32 PM
be sure to get rid of those pesky drivers....
maybe i shouldnt say that. but then again, if a wise man takes a fools advice, who is the fool, really?

Jaak45
04-07-2008, 08:59 PM
CCleaner is good for deleting useless files.

its free and effective. google it!:thumbsup:

dopedupdan
05-10-2008, 12:56 AM
get a linux distro :rastasmoke:

yep linux is virus free and most software for it is free

conversation
08-13-2008, 03:06 AM
you should run a disk cleanup. it safely removes files on your computer that aren't needed.

simply press start,
then go to programs, then accessories, then system tools, then Disk Cleanup.
Important: Read EVERYTHING before you check the box to have it deleted. It will tell you if its safe or not for you to delete.

after that, you can run a Disk Defragmenter to make your computer run faster.

hope that helps :]

seattlesmoke247
10-14-2008, 06:41 PM
rofl @ "get rid of those pesky drivers'

MistaJ
10-14-2008, 11:31 PM
yep linux is virus free and most software for it is free

Unfortunately Linux is not virus free, granted there aren't as many on the OS as there on with windows, but think about it.

If you are a virus writer and want to cause havoc, get spyware/malware/trojans on to machines, which OS is the most used in the entire world - Answer = Windows.

Most people who use Linux distro's are tech savy and know what to look out for with regards to malware, sites that try to force scripts to run on your box etc, so creating a program that tries to infect Linux boxes is not worth while for the organised crime gangs who push out key loggers, screen capture programs etc. The same goes with Apple.

I use both windows and *nix in my job and both OS's do what I need them to do. It annoys me when people spout shit, macs are better, linux is better windows is better blah fkin blah. I say to those people, learn all of them, then make an infomred decision instead of jumping on a band wagon...

</2cents>