PDA

View Full Version : My experience with Strawberry Cough.

cwesto
03-29-2008, 05:42 AM
To start off, I simply love it. This has now crept its way up into my top favorite 5. I know that it is a hybrid around 75%/25%, but it is mostly sativa so I figured "said" catagory was necessary.

The story of me meeting the said strain goes like this. I got this little nug (check pictures) from a new friend I met over St. Patricks day weekend. I am on a EXTREMELY constricted budget these days, and was lucky enough to be able to COUGH up 30$ to split an eight of the 60$ strawberry cough with another friend.

I have only taken 2 hits from the gravity, and am completely satisfied.... need NO more.;) My brain and body are at complete one with current surroundings. :thumbsup:

All I have to say is Highly Recomended. :D

twitch
03-29-2008, 07:07 AM
dont think thats strawberry cough ma experience with it is it has unusually fat red hairs but i could have gotten bull shit looks goo dtho

OntarioToker69
03-29-2008, 09:50 AM
yeah man.That doesn't look like Strawberry cough...
My girlfriend was a maid at a motel and busted some dude from Toronto Blazing in a non smoking room.he gave her a fat nug of what he said was strawberry cough...It had Thick Red hairs
and alot of pink hairs..The only word we used to describe the resin production was frosty....plus the obvious fruity flavour (didn't really taste like strawberries to me,but my girl said it did to her.)
Maybe you do have some strawberry cough that was grown by a larger scale operation without the necessary attention to
Detail for it to reach it's full potential.
The Pic you Posted Looks like The local commercial Buds
My Teenage Brother get's for $30 an 1/8th.

herbaknight
04-04-2008, 09:32 PM
i hate to say it man but the strawberry i had also had fatty red hairs. the weed you got could have been just some really good mary jane that someone mistaken for strawberry cough. either way you still got blown.

mfqr
04-21-2008, 10:26 PM
dont think thats strawberry cough ma experience with it is it has unusually fat red hairs but i could have gotten bull shit looks goo dtho

Uh... that's an ignorant statement. I don't see why you would say it isn't Strawberry Cough just because it doesn't have "fat red hairs." I'm fairly certain it depends on how it's grown. I've had many buds that had lots of "red hairs," and they were not Strawberry Cough. And I have had Strawberry Cough, came straight from Cali... and it didn't have "loads of fat red hairs." So you're basing your judgement off of a misconception that strains will always look the same. The fact is, two people could grow the same strain, and their buds could look much different after harvest.

buttyrekka
04-22-2008, 04:01 PM
gotta agree with mfqr,i've smoked weed 20 years and to say you can tell a strain by how it looks is just bizarre.the main cola looks totally different to the buds on the same plant,how you can say thats not SC from a pic is silly and very naive

oliwog
05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
i have to say i love it to ive got some jus put on flower and even iv veg state they smell sooo sweet an berryish ive got some cheese and white berry growing aswell and the SC definatly has the most distinctive flavour ive grown it before and was impressed but harvested a bit too early so im doin it again and probably again an again.
there a bit branchy at times but nothing to worry about

oliwog
05-15-2008, 10:00 AM
oh yea an when i grew it it did have fat red/pink hairs an it was very hairy compared to the strains ive grown it did look quit distinctive aswell

Greenthing
05-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Whats in a name anyway as long as it do's the business why worry.
Most smokers in the UK refer to all weed as skunk they arn't interested in the name as long as it has the desired effect.
As for me i like to know but only if it is from someone i trust.:cool:

frostymcfailure
07-15-2008, 06:29 PM
red hairs doesnt say ANYTHING especially NOT potency as some misinformed people claim; however they do signal a healthy plant!
..The only word we used to describe the resin production was frosty argh?

to my experience strawberry cough maintains a fruit punch like aroma, anyone notice similar?

MVP
07-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I pulled 3 oz out of a cabinet running a 250 HPS about a month ago. They frosted up nicely and have a sweet berry aroma to them. No red hairs but a got the clones from a very reputable MMJ co-op/dispensary so I know they are the real deal. :detective1: :bonghit::silly:

The effects are up and energetic - balanced enough to help my chronic back pain without slowing me down mentally. Good daytime meds.

One of my Top 5 for sure, although not a high yielding strain. Quality > Quantity. Highly recommended. :S5:

norcaltoker
07-23-2008, 11:08 PM
All I know Strawberry Cough is great. I would get it all the time when I was at college but have no plugs here in the bay. I wish I did because it had the nicest taste and would give you just the most chill high. One time I remeber I was just stoned out of my mind watching the discovery channel with some friends and it was like the greatest thing in my life.

oliwog
07-24-2008, 02:16 PM
ive jus grown it as i said in another post heres a pic of my bud
it does look different but it could be down to grow conditions you defo tell from the smell an taste when you grind it it actually smell like strawberries an is sooo easy to recognise ive grown it twice now an will grow again soon
it does have quit a few red/pinkish hairs but it depends how long you flower for as i left mine jus under 9 weeks an the calyxes were swollen but not fully i could ave left another few days or so but its nice as it is now. very thick wolly hairs during flowering
unfortunalty i have no pics from harvest though soz peps

MissDaMeaner
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Cough Cough BS

If you can tell a strain from a bud you are a GOD or just full of it.

Just Sayin:D

seelos
09-28-2008, 02:14 AM
i agree with whoever said it doesn't need to have red hairs. i've bought it from the club and though it smells much like strawberries, it didn't have any red hairs.

theforthdrive
10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
gotta agree with mfqr,i've smoked weed 20 years and to say you can tell a strain by how it looks is just bizarre.the main cola looks totally different to the buds on the same plant,how you can say thats not SC from a pic is silly and very naive

I agree but I think its also naive to say its SC because a dealer said it was. From the pic I can tell you that it wasnt grown in a small grow with attention to details. but this could account for the different look.

I picked up one clone a couple months back on the recommendation of a mod on the board. Took six clones six weeks ago all but one died and the living one is weak! it will be some time before I have a few SC. but the good news is the one mom/clone i bought is big and healthy four weeks in. I cant hold my excitement in...hope i make it until its ripe. any one know its grow cycle length?

Bottom line is unless you get good clones from a good source and grow it yourself.... you have no idea what you are smoking!

normski11
10-29-2008, 06:24 PM
who cares who says what smoke that bud and you wont care what any1 has to say it looked ok to me. any northerners in here that can help me ive ran short and i think im going to kill the wife lol grrr newcastle area:rasta:

Unknownfigure
10-29-2008, 08:09 PM
I noticed the purple hues on a leave in the second pic. Looks like some good bud to me, no way to tell if it's SC. It did the job, right?

But just for shits and giggles, all the SC I've ever smoked looked like Oliwog's. Not the most potent I've had, but grrrreat nonetheless.

faded247
11-17-2008, 01:23 AM
very good weed. i had some last summer

SwampSavant
12-08-2008, 04:37 AM
I just gave some Double Strawberry Diesle seeds to a good friend of mine. I have had some good Strawberry cough pheno come out of this strain.

Shovelhandle
12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Big fat hairs make me cough... :stoned:

Seriously, hairy pot seems to have a harsher smoke. I grew out some very hairy indica hybrid and one plant was loaded with hairs and dropped quite a few during trimming. I put some in a bowl, and it was nasty harsh.

frostymcfailure
07-18-2009, 06:56 AM
eww dude, your smoking tinfoil. Kinda a disgrace to such a beautiful strain IMO.

SauceeMcGee
07-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Also, to throw in my two cents here, from my knowledge I think that Strawberry Cough is still a somewhat unstable strain so it is highly possible that everyone can get tons of different phenotypes of the same strain.

Either way though, you got some good shit. 'Nuff said

buddahmonk
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
To start off, I simply love it. This has now crept its way up into my top favorite 5. I know that it is a hybrid around 75%/25%, but it is mostly sativa so I figured "said" catagory was necessary.

The story of me meeting the said strain goes like this. I got this little nug (check pictures) from a new friend I met over St. Patricks day weekend. I am on a EXTREMELY constricted budget these days, and was lucky enough to be able to COUGH up 30$ to split an eight of the 60$ strawberry cough with another friend.

I have only taken 2 hits from the gravity, and am completely satisfied.... need NO more.;) My brain and body are at complete one with current surroundings. :thumbsup:

All I have to say is Highly Recomended. :D

your very fortunate. I cant remember the last time that i had some nametag

death2sukas
07-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Uh... that's an ignorant statement. I don't see why you would say it isn't Strawberry Cough just because it doesn't have "fat red hairs." I'm fairly certain it depends on how it's grown. I've had many buds that had lots of "red hairs," and they were not Strawberry Cough. And I have had Strawberry Cough, came straight from Cali... and it didn't have "loads of fat red hairs." So you're basing your judgement off of a misconception that strains will always look the same. The fact is, two people could grow the same strain, and their buds could look much different after harvest.

very true. i never smoked strawberry cough (which is sad cuz i been smoking for just about 8 yrs) and i never had it.)

i do agree with you statement. i grew some purple wreck (which i've bought before that was noticably purple) but since my temps were stable (it never got too cold in the dark period) the bud didnt change to purple really...it was more of a purple TINT but not purple in color...it was still just as good in buzz/taste/smell.

so thats true that it still could be strawberry cough..

however unless you got it from a reliable person or collective/dispensary theres always the chance they will lie claiming they have a more sought after (and more expensive) type bud when they really have just some regular weed. only people who are experienced with the strain will be able to truly tell if they are lying.

for instance...for a summer or two all that was really around was GDP and a few other purple strains (since its so popular)..by the end of the summer i wouldnt fall for someone selling me some PURPLE COLORED bud that wasnt truly a purple strain (as there are many strains that can turn purple in color in certain conditions).

so i dont know for sure but if you trust the guy then can believe it may be strawberry cough...

SmokeNRun
08-15-2010, 03:52 PM
yeah man.That doesn't look like Strawberry cough...
My girlfriend was a maid at a motel and busted some dude from Toronto Blazing in a non smoking room.he gave her a fat nug of what he said was strawberry cough...It had Thick Red hairs
and alot of pink hairs..The only word we used to describe the resin production was frosty....plus the obvious fruity flavour (didn't really taste like strawberries to me,but my girl said it did to her.)
Maybe you do have some strawberry cough that was grown by a larger scale operation without the necessary attention to
Detail for it to reach it's full potential.
The Pic you Posted Looks like The local commercial Buds
My Teenage Brother get's for $30 an 1/8th.

Wow Canada and there prices!

intj123
09-09-2010, 06:49 PM
you guys all have good points, different grow methods, different phenos could be the case, but I guess what they are saying is that it doesn't look much like how the original was intended to be, still it might taste and smoke up very similar if it's a pheno thing.