PDA

View Full Version : karma

greg420
03-28-2008, 03:22 PM
hey, im sorry if this is in the wrong place, i didn't really know where to put it.
but basically i just wanted everyone advice and opinion. but like, i've always been a believer, perhaps not exactly in karma, but that what comes around goes around, that you do good things and good things happen, you do bad things, bad things happen...it kinda just makes sense
so i find myself wondering, why ive ended up in the situation i am. ive got no job, no money, my girlfriend who meant so much to me just left me for someone else, i seem to have lost quite a few friends, i have a lot of family problems, and my life has no direction to it. furthermore, everything that seems to happen appears to be well out of my hands. yet all ive ever tried to do, is try and be nice to other people, and not to do bad things, and as far as im aware ive not done anything to deserve what im getting basically. i know that im definitely not the worst off in the world, neither am i claiming to be perfect,but why am i getting all this crap in my life when ive only ever tried to be good?

stinkyattic
03-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Shit happens. Some people just end up being so nice that they put themselves in situations where other not so nice people can take advantage of them. It's sad, but you have to remember that being a good person and telling people 'NO' are not mutually exclusive!

You can be kind and still be assertive and proactive, and get what you really need without hurting others.

I believe in some sort of karma too- that what you get out of life is directly related to what you put in. Try putting in something a little different, if you want your situation to change. Just adding a handful of dried herbs to the dough yields quite a different loaf of bread, ya know?

StickyfingahZ
03-28-2008, 05:14 PM
I believe in Karma,But I also believe it comes around in its own due time.You cant just call in a karma.lol
But dont worry about not having a job or freinds or girlfreinds.If your life has no direction,than you need to get organized.You need to get organized so that instead of responding to life,your creating it.You cant just live accidentally.
Im sure you got skills and dreams youd like to achieve.
Girls and freinds will come when they come,just focus on yourself for now,build up a solid foundation.

smok3y
03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
That sucks dude, but you gotta try stay positive man.. Keep your head up man.. every thing will work out good for you man, it may take time but you gotta try stay positive...

I do belive in karma.. Good things will happen to those who wait..
And what goes around comes around man...

Have you tryed looking for a job? Soon as you get a job you will start to fell better and evntually evrything will be good for you...

Hope evrything works out for you dude:thumbsup:

Trip06
03-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Yeah once you get a job, and you can drive you will reign again.

Acouwaila
03-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Man, losing faith is the only thing that can hurt you, ya know?

Every little thing you do adds up and it makes the world surrounding your world, AND your world (since they are the same) a better place. Consider if you didn't try to be a nice person, if you just didn't care for others. You would find yourself completely lonely, and thats like not the way of the universe....when you help someone, you are actually helping yourself...i mean karma isnt some law system. like....1. you give money to homeless person, you shall be granted good job

I mean, say you were on your way to work and your friend calls and says she needs you to give her a ride somewhere. So you take her to the house, and it just happens that, that friend owes your friend some money. On the way there you see a dead deer in the road halfway into your lane so you get out of the car and move it, well you push it over and find an ancient arrowhead spear. You drop your friend off, and go to work. Then later, about 5 minutes after you step out of work, you get another call from your friend. And she says so dude I got some money and pot, and need a ride home. Blunt ride? Hell yeah...it all connects...in ways that are hard to see, because they are so little....but its all cause and effect, its not often something thats a huge grant for a couple deeds, but its still wonderful, and so complex.

greg420
03-28-2008, 08:45 PM
this is all really good stuff, thanks very muchguys
yeah im currently looking for work, ive not found anything yet but im not gonna stop.
also ive taken up muay thai, or thai boxing, and its awesome for taking out your anger and keeping you fit and the like...i just figured i should try something new
i guess my only option is to sit tight and weather the storm, and hopefully ill come out a better person for it...its jus hard watchin ya life kinda crumble in front of ya y'know :S

stinkyattic
03-28-2008, 09:13 PM
I'll bet that participating in formal martial arts training will help you find a focus again, or at the VERY LEAST a new community to interact with on a regular basis, leading to new friends and social activities.

40oz
03-28-2008, 09:31 PM
The thing about karma is that it keeps track of your deeds from life to life, so even if you give out all good karma in this life but only get bad in return, all that good karma you're saving up could hit you all at once in some other life. I believe thats how karma works.

greg420
03-28-2008, 09:42 PM
stinky - yeah even if im miserable, it gives me something to focus on and like work on. on the plus, it also keep you fit as well. thanks for the support ^^
40oz - never thought of it like that, a novel way of looking at it. i always thought though, that karma's not like a 'bank' of sorts, but like cause and effect...so you help someone out whos in trouble in the street, and they turn out to be the girl of your dreams or something along them lines. im not saying thats what i expect to happen, but like...the way im going, it seems that if i helped somone out in the street they'd turn around n stab me or something :wtf: surely like its a bit...unfair, if thats the right word, to make someone live a proper crap life, even if all they do is good stuff...i thought the point of karma was to reward good behaviour if you like. but then, everything i know about karma is taken from my name is earl, so i guess im probably wrong :jointsmile:

40oz
03-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Well the kind of karma Im talking about is the kind that is spoken of by Buddhists. Buddhists see desire as the force that causes suffering in the world. So if your motive of doing a good deed stems from a personal desire for something (good fortune) than you arn't really getting good karma. Thus if you see your good karma as a bank account to be filled up for yourself, you are missing the point. Karma is the force that keeps the world in balance. I think. Somebody might have to look the exact definition up. Does this make sense?

Basically do good and don't expect anything in return. Do it because it is the right thing to do, not because karma might reward you for it later.

JeffersonBud
03-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Greg. What would Bob Marley think about your situation. hes on your Avatar so maybe you could start by listening to some of his music. That guy went through a lot of shit in his life. Hes seen things some of us couldn't even imagine. Yes he was always positive. Fuck Karma. Maybe its there maybe its not. its out of your hands anyways. Thant is not the point. The point is that in life you have to stay positive no matter what and since YOU do have control of your life and not karma, you must take hold of yourself and grab life by the balls. Staying healthy, both mentally and physically help a great deal. Maybe its time to hit the gym? Maybe you do already. If you do your already a step a head of the rest.
simple guidelines for my life.

There are always more woman that would love to be with a great man.

There is always money to be made.

Maintaining a healthy self is crucial to success.

Integrity and character are everything. Without your word, you don't mean shit.

Help others out. You are lucky enough to be in a good situation. there are always others that have it worse off. we tend to forget this one all the time in life. 1 simple sign of help could change ones life forever.

think positive and know that you really can do anything. No shit its true. I have a million reasons why this works.

Stick to these and add your own. You can be the most bad ass motherfucker in both life and success if you want to. Believing in yourself is the first step.

psteve
03-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Karma is not linear.
You may be experiencing difficulty now, so that you may appreciate bliss later.:thumbsup:

Trip06
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
First you need money(Its the only way)So once you feel up to getting that going then you picture a world you want to live in and start createing it.

StickyfingahZ
03-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Greg. What would Bob Marley think about your situation. hes on your Avatar so maybe you could start by listening to some of his music. That guy went through a lot of shit in his life. Hes seen things some of us couldn't even imagine. Yes he was always positive. Fuck Karma. Maybe its there maybe its not. its out of your hands anyways. Thant is not the point. The point is that in life you have to stay positive no matter what and since YOU do have control of your life and not karma, you must take hold of yourself and grab life by the balls. Staying healthy, both mentally and physically help a great deal. Maybe its time to hit the gym? Maybe you do already. If you do your already a step a head of the rest.
simple guidelines for my life.

There are always more woman that would love to be with a great man.

There is always money to be made.

Maintaining a healthy self is crucial to success.

Integrity and character are everything. Without your word, you don't mean shit.

Help others out. You are lucky enough to be in a good situation. there are always others that have it worse off. we tend to forget this one all the time in life. 1 simple sign of help could change ones life forever.

think positive and know that you really can do anything. No shit its true. I have a million reasons why this works.

Stick to these and add your own. You can be the most bad ass motherfucker in both life and success if you want to. Believing in yourself is the first step.

Das some good words right there,Bob Was shot at by a drive by on his house,(ambush in the night)I think thats a good start bro,Listen to Some Bob Marley

JeffersonBud
03-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Its funny how all the good people in life are either shot or become products of their own demise.

Acouwaila
03-29-2008, 03:08 AM
Well the kind of karma Im talking about is the kind that is spoken of by Buddhists. Buddhists see desire as the force that causes suffering in the world. So if your motive of doing a good deed stems from a personal desire for something (good fortune) than you arn't really getting good karma. Thus if you see your good karma as a bank account to be filled up for yourself, you are missing the point. Karma is the force that keeps the world in balance. I think. Somebody might have to look the exact definition up. Does this make sense?

Basically do good and don't expect anything in return. Do it because it is the right thing to do, not because karma might reward you for it later.

perfect man

devils dream
03-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Shit happens. Some people just end up being so nice that they put themselves in situations where other not so nice people can take advantage of them. It's sad, but you have to remember that being a good person and telling people 'NO' are not mutually exclusive!

You can be kind and still be assertive and proactive, and get what you really need without hurting others.

that is so true and well said. life will throw many challenges in front of you in life you need to assess why these things have happened so you can learn from it and your armed with the knowledge you need to prevent the same things happening again in the future, i do believe in karma but some time karma isnt just about good and bad but teaching us lessons along the way.:)