PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia.

MrHound
03-24-2008, 04:14 AM
Hello All,

Yes my major medical application for my Ganja is my Insomnia.

This illness is quite debilitating. Those that do not have it have not a clue the hardship.

I have currently tried the Church strain for my relief. I can say it was very pleasing. Church has a very consistent relaxing high. It allows me to drift off at a relaxed pace, and once out I stay out.

I refer you to Weed Hound and the C crowd log. In general this was a great yeilder and easy to grow.

One thing that I do and highly recomend is ingestion as well as smoking. The cookies build a real good base from where to start. Then as the days go by, a toke here and there has more effect. When wanting to sleep further ingestion or smoking has a more rapid effect.

Yours - Da Pup :rastasmoke:

StickyfingahZ
03-24-2008, 07:47 AM
I had insomnia,I was taking 20mg of Ambien everynight,and if you skip one night afte a long period,youhave some freaky Nightmares.
Eversince I started My MedicalMJ I havent had any probs sleeping.My life is alot better,I get sleep,I feel like a normal person.lol

KindGreenBuds
03-25-2008, 05:15 AM
i have found that white widow works very well for my insomina.

ViperC6
04-17-2008, 02:04 AM
Wow, I never knew so many people went though what I did. I remember when I was like 10 or 11 they started to put me on medications for depression. When I was 13 I missed about two years straight of school due to my insomnia finally debuting in my life. I would stay up all night then in the morning trying to fall asleep, I would have thoughts racing through my head until 8 AM when I had been trying to sleep since 4:30. :wtf: At this time in my life I knew nothing about the wonderful effects of Mary-Jane. I would wake up at like 2 PM cursing :cursing: because I missed another day of school. After experiencing the many joys of cannabis I personally enjoy heavy indicas like Afghani, or Sour D to put me to sleep.:S5: They relax me enough to allow regular sleep. Makes me feel almost human again. :stoned:

GreenJon
04-21-2008, 02:21 AM
I too have found Sour Diesel to be kick-ass for my insomnia.

Good to hear The Church is good for insomnia; I've been scoping it thinking about trying it.

maxsuperdanks
04-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I too have found Sour Diesel to be kick-ass for my insomnia.

Good to hear The Church is good for insomnia; I've been scoping it thinking about trying it.

Hahaha, I find it ironic that both The Church, and Church both would probably put me right to sleep.

Usually a strong indica will have me right out.

onequickmove
04-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Hahaha, I find it ironic that both The Church, and Church both would probably put me right to sleep

ba doom boom cha

incaroads
06-16-2008, 02:41 PM
i also have insomnia. i was on ambien, but it made me sleep walk and even eat in my sleep.(freaky shit)

champagne was the best strain i have smoked for sleep.

TheMetal1
06-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I DO NOT miss laying in bed, eyes burning from not blinking, a room so dark... yet my eyes so adjusted... I could see a small mosquito acrossed the room in the pitch black night. Mind racing, wondering if you will make school/work the next day, looking at the clock every time 1 minute goes by, hoping the next will bring the sheep to count. It is a horrible situation to be in. I too was prescribed the usual sleep aids. Nothing ever worked.

Fast forward to now.... :jointsmile:

I sleep like a baby on benadryl :thumbsup:

painretreat
06-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I have it too! All my life! It is nice to know which strain is best and really like this thread!
I believe it is a very serious condition and my Dr. has choosen to ignore my requests 100%. So, finally took to treating myself. Had sleep tests, etc. Did not find anything. Other than I don't sleep much or well,but spend a lot of time trying! Since, I have a lot of medical problems now, he attributes it to that. I often think, my brain just won't shut off at night! True, if my pain is helped (mmj), I will go to sleep. But, if I am pain free-which is never anymore, I couldn't sleep, think I was afraid to because I know I'd wake up to pain. Plus, if I am pain free, I have so much energy, I really don't want to go to sleep! If I wasn't hurting, wanted to feel it as long as possible! Now, it is just a vicious cycle for me!

I bet there are a lot of people in this boat. I am, glad it isn't something else, but it is serious enough in itself! Thanks for all the shares, nice to have company. I do enjoy this site a great deal, as I can see a lot of people are awake the hours I am! Don't see that much! pr great thread:thumbsup::hippy:

zzdank
06-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Find a heavy indica strain. It will work way better than hybrids. White widow is actually 40% sativa. If you want to name a strain go for Afghan very good sedating indica.

painretreat
06-17-2008, 04:24 AM
:thumbsup:Sounds good to me! Almost seems like I'll need a bunch of jars, like the pills I have: this is for this and that for that! I prefer it over those darned pills. I like my medicine to work now, not over 24 hours and so slowly that by th time it works, it is too late to do what you needed it for! This is the only way!

StickyfingahZ
06-17-2008, 11:17 AM
i also have insomnia. i was on ambien, but it made me sleep walk and even eat in my sleep.(freaky shit)

champagne was the best strain i have smoked for sleep.

same here,My family would be mad,because I would agree to stuff and I have no idea the next morning what their talking about.
My wife told me I got up and went and got a glass of water and was talking nonsense.

allrollsin21
06-18-2008, 04:29 AM
The Sour D is pretty heavy Sativa. I find it energizing.

The real sleepers for me are any edibles. Eat them a few hours before bed and nothing is going to stop me once the head hits the pillow. This is strange because Ganja food gives me so much energy. When i have a long day/night in the garden multiple doses of the edibles will really keep me going. Time becomes less significant. But as soon as i decide to be stationary its lights out.

I also have a small bladder issue and if i dont smoke anything or eat any Gfood then i will wake up 1-2 times in the night to use the facility. If i go to sleep post-stone i will usually sleep through until the morning.

cannakeeper
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
It is a good feeling to know that someone knows EXACTLY what kind of impact an affliction like this can have on your life. I too have a diagnosed sleep disorder my whole life as well as ADHD and as of two yrs ago, Bi-polar disorder. And here I thought I was just extremely intolerant to dumbfucks. I call myself the genetic sesspool from my parents. As a 20yr old punk kid I gave in to peer pressure and tried it after a guarantee it would make me stop pacing a path in the carpet, get some sleep, a decent meal and maybe help curb a compulsion to monkey stomp some asshole. It has been a tremendous help for 20yrs now at least durring the periods that I could find medicinal quality. The readily avail "mower deck weed" only made symptoms worse. The meds I'm prescribed for sleep called Klonapin puts you straight the fuck out but the residual effects the next day are far worse than just staying up and waiting till your body shits out soon so you dont have to take it. I could be a clinical trial in itself to the exceptional benefits cannabis has on these disorders and even more so since a spinal surgery last year. It is proof posative that medicinal quality canna is highly effective against pain associated with nerve damage as well. :jointsmile::thumbsup: Much tokes and sweet dreams of fields of green.

WeedTea
02-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I DO NOT miss laying in bed, eyes burning from not blinking, a room so dark... yet my eyes so adjusted... I could see a small mosquito acrossed the room in the pitch black night. Mind racing, wondering if you will make school/work the next day, looking at the clock every time 1 minute goes by, hoping the next will bring the sheep to count. It is a horrible situation to be in. I too was prescribed the usual sleep aids. Nothing ever worked.

Fast forward to now.... :jointsmile:

I sleep like a baby on benadryl :thumbsup:

benadryl usually works for me too. Although, some people with insomnia can't even fall asleep using sleep medications.

GreenShadows
09-03-2009, 03:52 AM
Out of all the strains I have had, Sour Diesel was the best for my Chronic Insomnia.