PDA

View Full Version : trimming

Big len
03-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I have 6 plants that are about 2 wks. from being close to done, I have been trimming back all dead foilage to get the light down to the smaller buds in the jungle I have, is this a good practice to do, I know with a slight tug they will pop off, but I have been cutting back the dead ends on the greener leaves also, these plant were reveged and went crazy. I probably have about 10yards of twine holding some up due to bud size also used tomatoe stakes as well this was my first hydro reveg and did not think plants would go wild, just want to make sure I am not hurting my ladies, especialy trimming dead off the green ones.
Thanks
Big Len:rastasmoke:

LOC NAR on probation
03-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Take all off that is not green. It's dead anyway. You are very close and what you are going through is normal. I can tell you that the light is not really blocked as most think. The green leaves make energy and send to the whole plant, so down around the bottom where not much light is, still grows, yes ?

Good Luck, You are doing fine. What kind you got ?

I got Hawaii skunk that will be ready about the same time and I'm doing just what you are. Hang in there and let the party began soon.

stinkyattic
03-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi LOC NAR, nice to see you stop in! How's it going?

Trimming off dead stuff is good form, but if you find yourself with a LOT of dead stuff too long before harvest, you might want to consider what problem is causing that.

LOC NAR on probation
03-24-2008, 03:29 PM
What's up, stinkyattic ?

I been really bummed out still waiting for my time to run out dec. this year. so I can get back to it. I thought they would let me off early but not yet. If I was in the pokey my time would be cut in half. I just thought I would start coming back as I miss you all so much.

I'm still in the limbo thing, no check ups or piss test since before xmas. I have had my fun at the holidays. LOL

So I'll be hanging till I hear good news. Have a good day.

stinkyattic
03-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey man I think it worked out better in the long run- you have kids right? That would have sucked being in the penalty box with a family at home. I'm countin' down the days until you can get back to doing your thing.

rhizome
03-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Locnar, como esta?

LOC NAR on probation
03-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks stinky, It's a hard wait but I'll make it.

rhizome, como estra to you. Just hanging and waiting. Got my puters out of hiding and getting back to the norm. I will be around and let you guy's know when I free.

the image reaper
03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
good to see ya again, LOC NAR ! ... hang in there :thumbsup:

Big len
03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
blue berry cl99 northern lights and waiting to start sparking up some fine bud.

herbie the love bud
03-26-2008, 04:16 AM
How do you know they are 2 wks from being done? You're kinda on the edge there, but actually I would not only trim the dead stuff (that's a given) but take out all of the popcorn buds. They are sucking the juice out your colas and slowing your finish. If you are even earlier there is a good chance that the energy you save the plant will be transferred to bigger buds up top.