PDA

View Full Version : nft systems, any1 used em'

bashthebong
02-23-2005, 12:24 AM
i just brought a nft system but ive not used this b4,,i can kinda see how to set it up but im finding it hard to see just how the plant/s can be supported wen growing. ive used the ebb and flo systems witch i found to be easy with the plants roots entwined in the clay pepples but from what i can see in the nft system u place your young plants into the tray in the rockwool cubes,but how does this support the plant as it gets bigger,,do i need some kind of foam for the roots to grow into or what.im a litttle confused so any help/advice any1 can give me would be gratefully recieved.

bonker7
04-07-2005, 02:05 AM
u have cuttings in 1 inch blocks then they fit inbiger blocks ,u cut out squares in the nft cover and put them in ,the roots then spread in and under the spreader mat and thats how they anker themselfs,sorted.stay slippery

Garden Knowm
04-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Bash... things can get a bit hairy and plants can begin to lean and fall over.. your correct to have this concern.

You should flower early 12-20 inches..

One way to keep your plants in pristine form is the following:

hang a mesh net over your plants - with large openings 2 inch X 2 inch - pull the mesh tight and let your plants grow up and through this netting... this will keep you plants in good shape...

good luck and congrats on the new system : )
SMB