PDA

View Full Version : problems with 9 day old!!

flybynight
02-22-2005, 04:24 PM
I managed to germinate a seed from a stash I bought, as a bit of an experiment, it sprouted and I planted it about 8-9 days ago.
Now, It looks stretched, (Sorry no digital camera) it's approx. 4-5 inches tall and has 2 sets of leaves, the 1st pair are about an inch long and the 2nd pair about a centimetre.
It has started to lean so I'm supporting it with a small piece of coathanger, I read a message posted by notanoviceto put a drinking straw around it,(great idea mate). If i do this will the stem thicken?
I started to grow under natural light, then because of finances i used an ordinary household Energy saver bulb, I know, I know!!!! However i have ordered a Grow-Lux Tube bulb, that will arrive on Friday (today being Tuesday) Can anybody tell me will my baby survive?????

newgroweroldsmoker
02-22-2005, 05:41 PM
yes it will survive.....the only problem is that it has already streched but i guess that it will overcome this as you have it supported now and will grow thicker and bigger....in order to strengthen it faster have the bulb as closer to it as possible (without burning it) so as it gets the most light possible without having to stretch...

FatBud
03-25-2005, 10:56 PM
I put a cardboard tube from the center of a toilet roll around stretched seedlings, simply cut about an inch or so off the tube, pop it over and rest the stem against it.

Sativus
03-25-2005, 11:14 PM
you can also transplant them a little deeper and they will be fine. they will grow new roots from the extra stem.

Garden Knowm
03-27-2005, 07:06 AM
I like sativus idea.. I guess you don't need to transplant.. just add soil..