PDA

View Full Version : Headband

MisterCoolWhip
03-09-2008, 08:00 AM
I got offered some Headband today. I get this killer Lavender Kush and the same dude has some stuff called Headband. I have never heard of it so I was wondering if anyone ever tried it.

jash420
03-10-2008, 10:10 PM
I'd get it for sure, I've tried headband a few times from humbolt county, of the 4 or 5 strains I had at the time it was my fav..

MisterCoolWhip
03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Others tell me the same thing. Thanx a bunch man :thumbsup: I just didnt want to end up with a bunch of bunk clones. :D

eazystar
03-15-2008, 03:33 PM
i always thought "head band" was a term to describe just "headies" in general. you know, like really dank buds.
i think the reason i thought this is because some hash in the Netherlands is called "Headband Hash" and it's a mix of really good bud (Sour D, Amnesia Haze, Chocolope, etc depending on what coffee house you went to).....

i dunno, but if it's dank who cares right?! :rastasmoke:

MisterCoolWhip
03-15-2008, 06:40 PM
i always thought "head band" was a term to describe just "headies" in general. you know, like really dank buds.
i think the reason i thought this is because some hash in the Netherlands is called "Headband Hash" and it's a mix of really good bud (Sour D, Amnesia Haze, Chocolope, etc depending on what coffee house you went to).....

i dunno, but if it's dank who cares right?! :rastasmoke:
right, right, but this dude grows it as well, and if its the shit then i want clones to add to my collection. What I really want is some Shoreline clones. That would be sweeeeet! :smokin:

William75
05-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I get down on the "headband". Its one of the more expensive strains at my club, but totally worth it.

Strainreview
05-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Headband is my daily smoke... I think it's crossed with OG Kush and Sour Diesel, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

maxsuperdanks
05-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Headband is my daily smoke... I think it's crossed with OG Kush and Sour Diesel, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

It's got some sour in it, I'll back that part up for sure.

That sounds about right though.

William75
06-03-2008, 06:29 PM

That is correct Sour D and OG....thats my daily as well, although I have been getting down with the newest strain available at my dispensary, "Garlic"

Those two are absolutely my personal favorites.

incaroads
06-19-2008, 02:54 PM
It's got some sour in it, I'll back that part up for sure.

That sounds about right though.

i may be wrong on this, but i think it is (super skunk x northern lights x diesel)

William75
06-24-2008, 10:49 PM
So this is how the owner of the club I frequent described Headband to me......

Its Sour D crossed with OG Kush.....then that is taken and its crossed with Sour D again.

incaroads
06-25-2008, 03:55 AM
super skunk x northern lights x diesel according to cannabible.

HEADBANDKUSH
11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
this is one of my favorites

nightlight
12-03-2008, 07:50 AM
headband is alright, a little too in the head for me.

xbigxpatx
12-04-2008, 02:55 AM
headband is alright, a little too in the head for me.

i thought the same thing the times ive smoked it. but the stuff smells and tastes great. cough free too imo

joeiskrunk
12-04-2008, 04:05 AM
ya for me when i got it the smell was so amazingly strong. I put it in about 5 bags.... one being the "Smelly Proof" bag which has worked to mask every other strain i've ever had besides Headband. So for sure hit that guy up and get those clones ha ha. Make sure the dry and cure those a little bit longer to bring out the strong aroma.

Azma702
12-04-2008, 05:11 PM
:thumbsup:I always thought this was called Headbang but it looks like I am mistaken. I liked this strain but I felt like I should have just bought some plain old sour d for a little less money, in a qp there was over a half zone of shake, it really falls apart. I will say that it was very tasty and potent tho. this stuff has been around alot tho so someone really likes it.

linearvermin
12-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I read this thread and thought headband sounded pretty good. At that moment I got a phone call from my buddy who said he just picked up some stuff called Headband from the beach area. I was pretty stoked to smoke it at that point because NL,SD, and and Skunk are all some of my favourite strains and together they had to be amazing. It was a really good smoke, head high, smelt great, and tasted pretty good as well. Pick it up for sure if you ever see it at the clinic, its worth a try.

maxsuperdanks
12-07-2008, 07:08 PM
I just picked up some Planewreck....

Talk about in your head high....

linearvermin
12-07-2008, 07:14 PM
I just picked up some Planewreck....

Talk about in your head high....

That sounds dank haha I will have to try it for sure. What is the genetics of it (trainwreck crossed with ?).

stinkybudz
12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
i may be wrong on this, but i think it is (super skunk x northern lights x diesel)
its Mass. Super Skunk clone only x northern lights x diesel #1 another clone only, from what i understand..

maxsuperdanks
12-08-2008, 01:16 AM
It's Trainwreck X Afghani....

It's ridiculous, I got a pic here....

headymeds
12-17-2008, 03:39 AM
i came across some stuff called headband today also
and its from credible characters
i hear its from og kush x with sour diesel and then when thats in tact they cross it with master kush
nor cal
this is the best stuff around
i have smoked the og also and i can taste it in there
and tis heady and it does deserve the name

sobekobe
05-05-2009, 05:35 AM
the headband I know and love is OG kush x Sour Diesel and it is incredible, probably my favorite strain! :stoned: Hear its a bitch to grow due to the recommended 85 day flower period :(

combover
06-11-2009, 07:06 AM

correct. although im not sure if the original was OG or a different variety of Kush

dejayou30
06-11-2009, 09:29 AM
I got some Headband about a year ago, and I thought I rememberd it being [[OG X SourD] X Master Kush]. But it was DEFINITELY dank! :thumbsup:

dejayou30
06-11-2009, 09:32 AM
i came across some stuff called headband today also
and its from credible characters
i hear its from og kush x with sour diesel and then when thats in tact they cross it with master kush
nor cal
this is the best stuff around
i have smoked the og also and i can taste it in there
and tis heady and it does deserve the name

That's the lineage of the Headband I had about a year ago around 4/20/08, [[OG X SourD] X Master Kush]. But it was DEFINITELY dank! :thumbsup:

phatsesh101
06-11-2009, 05:14 PM
its OG kush x master kush x sour diesel and she clones full roots in a week and mothers come back quik kinda short and branchy though

rockchild666420
06-11-2009, 05:56 PM
headband is my favorite, as long as its a good strain from humbolt, i love it, i suggest getting it

segrafix
08-15-2009, 07:44 AM
i'm smoking some headband now and I def taste the sour D for sure, I like Sour D but I like this headband better because on Sour D I feel that strong head fuzz feeling I get before the flu. This is pretty good, less head fuzz - nice high. I'll get it again if it's avail.

couplescaddy
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
OK GUYS, to put an END to Everything here, Headband is one of my favorite strains out there, i'm from Santa Barbara and it's VERY popular there. from all the growers, and all the seedbanks, and all the resources i've ever come accross, the actuality of the origins of HEADBAND are::: OG Kush x Sour Diesel, and then Crossed with Master Kush.

so to reitterate: Sour OG x Master Kush

there you have it, it is NOT northern lights, super skunk etc.

4harley
12-23-2009, 01:50 PM
if ya want to get oaksterdam nursery version
straight out of thier catalog.im reading it now,here it is.
OG KUSH X SOUR DIESEL X SOUR DIESEL.

Stumbleweed
01-03-2010, 08:17 AM
The one I'm smoking on says OG Kush X Sour Diesel... whatever it is, I'm a fan. Right to the head, and quite the powerful toke first thing in the morning. Love the skanky musky taste that hangs in your throat and the immediacy of the cerebral high.

wholapola
01-17-2010, 12:35 PM
With all these crosses, I wonder if anyone has a "pure" form of any type of strain.

lampost
01-17-2010, 08:18 PM
I just got some clones of this and they immediately died after transplant and putting them under the HPS.
I also got a few Sour D clones and they all survived and look great after transplant. Its kinda weird because I used the same procedure for both. Is headband a pretty sensitive strain or something?

speeden1
02-19-2010, 04:12 AM
i can say headband grows fast as hell, very impresed

lampost
02-28-2010, 08:36 AM
I just got some clones of this and they immediately died after transplant and putting them under the HPS.
I also got a few Sour D clones and they all survived and look great after transplant. Its kinda weird because I used the same procedure for both. Is headband a pretty sensitive strain or something?

Yeah, these actually recovered... I thought they were dead. The 2nd one I got rid of because it took too long to recover and was much smaller. I had a particularly "hot" batch of soil and I didn't flush it first. So, these guys got stunted and some slight nute-burn symptoms. I guess Headband is sensitive to nutes/pH/overwater.... I was told that and I definitely notice it.

However, this baby took off. It was FIM'd and that was all that was needed to create a bush.

smokesumthn
02-28-2010, 02:48 PM
yo that headband is a good strain. im from cali thats where i got it. great smell mellow high, lovely

malclyps
10-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Headband is a pretty good strain. It's become our flavor of choice, since it doesn't rip out my lady's lungs, has a great pong (though Mr. Nice blows it all out on that count), and has a buzz that works for what ails the both of us.

:hippy:

platinumbubba
12-19-2010, 06:44 AM
I love headband. Its one of my favorite strains. I love sativas, even though I decided to name myself platinum bubba. I don't know the ratio but I'm pretty sure headband is probably sativa dominant. It is always really potent and awesome looking in my experience. Some of my absolute favorites are Headband, Jack Herer, Sour Diesel, and a recent favorite Sour Band (headband x sour d) which was incredible.