PDA

View Full Version : Why are Pure Hazes Such a pain to grow!

OntarioToker69
03-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey guys,I recently made a suggestion to my cousin that we grow some Haze,But He said Pure Hazes in his experience were just a pain in the arse to grow.anyone know why this is?he said if we wanted haze genetics it would be best to aquire seeds with haze crossed with another strain.Also is Neville's Haze A True Pure Haze or is it a crossbreed?I heard some seedbank's cross haze with northern lights#5 to create their Neville's Haze just so it's easier to grow.
thanks guys,I appreciate any and all responses.
Peace!

p.s.
sorry if I sound stupid guys,but I just Honestly have very little to
no experience with the Haze strains.I've only ever smoke Arjen's Haze.:jointsmile:

stinkyattic
03-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Classic Hazes are long-flowering plants that are difficult to keep happy indoors over the period of time required for them to finish. New growers often find themselves in a race against the clock when it comes to finishing a plant before problems with the soil or other conditions sicken or kill it. Thus, faster-flowering strains are a better choice to learn on.

I don't know the exact lineage of the Nevill's Haze, but NL has been bred into many plants to reduce their flower time, and a NL ancestor wouldn't surprise me.

IF you still wish to grow a HAze, read the description on vendors' websites, focusing on flower time. Look for a plant that finishes in 9 weeks or less if you are limited for space or time, or are not an experienced grower.

wskdigital
05-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I grew pure haze three times and only the third time did I have completely healthy plants. This is what I learned:

Don't overwater - haze strains are sensitive to overwatering stress (water logged, root rot)

Don't over fertilize - I started with 1/8 strength tiger bloom and watched how the plants reacted

Check your PH - invest into a nice soil ph meter, I made sure the ph was within the correct range

Repot your plants into larger pots twice - once right before flowering and the second time in the middle of flowering. I know this sounds a little odd but after i repotted in the middle of flowering the bud production exploded. make sure it is good draining organic soil.

haze strains have the best highs in my oppinion. hope this helps your cousin.

caligrown82807
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey guys,I recently made a suggestion to my cousin that we grow some Haze,But He said Pure Hazes in his experience were just a pain in the arse to grow.anyone know why this is?he said if we wanted haze genetics it would be best to aquire seeds with haze crossed with another strain.Also is Neville's Haze A True Pure Haze or is it a crossbreed?I heard some seedbank's cross haze with northern lights#5 to create their Neville's Haze just so it's easier to grow.
thanks guys,I appreciate any and all responses.
Peace!

p.s.
sorry if I sound stupid guys,but I just Honestly have very little to
no experience with the Haze strains.I've only ever smoke Arjen's Haze.:jointsmile:
i love haze meds me myself as a new grower on my third garden is trying sum haze heaven from soma seeds and yea its hard to keep her happy....