PDA

View Full Version : How can I play the PC game I downloaded?

Gandalf_The_Grey
03-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Hello again everybody! :) I have yet another tech related question that has me thoroughly baffled, was hoping someone could help.

So I went to isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine (http://www.isohunt.com) and downloaded the game Civilization 4. Yes I know I should buy it, but I'm broke and still very bored.

After downloading all the content, I installed everything and it's all working beautifully. Except, that is, that when I try to play the game it says "please insert game disk". But of course it didn't come with a game disk since I downloaded everything. I tried burning everything in the Civ4 file onto a DVD, but it doesn't seem to count that as a "game disk".

Does anybody know what files I need to burn to my DVD to make this work?

carinia
03-06-2008, 04:55 AM
Mmmm.. civ... one of the other things I love doing stoned, running a fake nationality in a global environment. :)

Get a cd/dvd/iso mounting program, find the civ 4 disc image, im assuming you have it already since you already burned it. I use Virtual Daemon Manager 4.3. Just mount the disc to a fake drive and you should be good to go.

BTW, that game might be related to your other tech problems, downlading games is soo buggy. :)

Gandalf_The_Grey
03-06-2008, 05:16 AM
Mmmm.. civ... one of the other things I love doing stoned, running a fake nationality in a global environment. :)

Get a cd/dvd/iso mounting program, find the civ 4 disc image, im assuming you have it already since you already burned it. I use Virtual Daemon Manager 4.3. Just mount the disc to a fake drive and you should be good to go.

Thankyou so much Carinia! I'll be sure to try this out.

BTW, that game might be related to your other tech problems, downlading games is soo buggy. :)

Nope, those problems preceeded my download.

Funkmaster H.O.H.N.
03-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Carinia took the words right out of my mouth. That's what I had to do with Diablo 2 and it worked perfectly.

groNsho34
03-08-2008, 03:37 AM
if i was you id be using warez its the best best website out there besides this one....www.warez-bb.org

ldg420
03-13-2008, 04:27 AM
you need to find the crack in the torrent you downloaded, explore the dvd image u downloaded copy the crack ( the icon and name will be exactly the same as the icon and name of the .exe file that was installed on your pc during installation) copy the crack to the location on your pc and overwrite the file, and enjoy! hope this helps....:stoned:

Perp
03-15-2008, 12:16 PM
I can help you if you still need it. What version of Civ have you got? I have the NOCD cracks for Civ IV vanilla, Warlords and Beyond the Sword. I can figure out a way to get them to you if you still need it. Also, they are on Isohunt as well. Hint: you need the crack specific to the version you are using, including any patches. Let me know if you need more help.