PDA

View Full Version : Medical marijuana proposal advances in Michigan

Psycho4Bud
03-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Michigan voters are a step closer to considering whether marijuana should be legalized for medical purposes.

A state elections panel OK'd petitions Monday that puts the issue before state lawmakers.

If lawmakers don't approve the measure within 40 days, the proposal will be placed on the November ballot.

Michigan law prohibits marijuana use for any reason. But roughly a dozen other states permit medicinal use by patients.

The Michigan initiative would allow patients to grow and use small amounts of marijuana for relief from pain associated with cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis and other diseases.

A doctor's approval or recommendation would be required to use the drug.
Medical marijuana proposal advances in Michigan - Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLive.com (http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2008/03/medical_marijuana_proposal_adv.html)

Good deal! IF lawmakers can't pass this it'll go to the people in November. Best of luck and wishes to all our friends in Michigan!

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

Markass
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm glad they've finally verified the signatures...Good luck Michigan!:stoned::thumbsup:

xcrispi
03-04-2008, 09:01 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Say a prayer lawmakers can't make up their mind like they did in my city , the city council wouldn't even vote on the subject = too contriversial . Sure looks like the ppl. here in Mi. know what they want though . :)
The whole state needs to be legal , not just 5 cities .
Peace
Crispi :jointsmile:

GoldenGoblin
03-06-2008, 03:24 PM
When signatures were being gathered I knew that alot of people did not sign it out of fear. If it goes to a vote it will pass, because the barriers will be down.

Now if Michigan would just decriminalize, tax and regulate to help its budget and build some dam roads.