PDA

View Full Version : No California ID do i have a chance? + more info (read my story)

Kottonmouth_Dude
02-27-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm from argentina but living in the SF bay area now.
I came here legally with a visa but it expired already.
i've been living in this situation for about 6 years already.
i have a clean record, no citations of any kind, i have
health insurance and my ID card from the Argentinian council/embassy in LA.
I dont have a regular California ID card.
do you guys think this will unable me to get a
Cannabis Club card?

Im gunna be REAL with you guys....
I smoke cannabis maybe like 3 or 4 times a week.
i use it during the day for recreational purposes and mostly at night, it helps me sleep.
for example right now its about 3:20 AM and just cant fall asleep!
This sucks whenever i dont burn i fall asleep at around 5:30 or 6:00
and i have to wake up at 11:00 to go to work.
whn i dont burn i take 2 benadryls and that helps alot but i know that is dangerous and when i wake up i still feel really tired.
But when i smoke i sleep all thru the night and wake up really early since i had fallen asleep pretty early.
I also have a mild case of tourettes. it isnt on my records since i never really made a big deal out of it. Never told my doctor.
but when i get nervous or exited abou something i start twitching my eyes frquently and i look pretty retarded.
cannabis really helps me with this since i only get ticks when i dont have any cannabis in my system.

Do you guys think i could get a Club card with this?

I know i dont have any terminal illness but since i have this problems and im still going to smoke cannabis. Then why not do it legally????
i'm not intending to sell it or get it in big quantities. just for my own private use.
like 2 grams a day will be enough for me.

Storm Crow
02-27-2008, 02:39 PM
at the cheaper "clinics". They tend to be less demanding about things.- Granny

Kottonmouth_Dude
02-27-2008, 08:08 PM
you think even like documentation?
id they ask you for a California ID?

Storm Crow
02-27-2008, 10:30 PM
But proof of residency can be an electric bill or rental agreement. Hopefully, you have one of those! - Granny:hippy:

Kottonmouth_Dude
02-27-2008, 11:53 PM
I have an ID card that has my current adress and everything but it isn't necessary a California ID card.
Its for like immigrants as my self to have some type of legal documentation.
That is the only proof of residency i have, since i STILL live with my parents lol.

So the only reason why they want the ID card is because they need they need my proof of residensy? (want to know where i really live)

veggii
03-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Yes you have to have a state issued ID or DL
I don't like the ID card from the states or government
I tried very hard to get around it could'nt had to get a california state ID
if you only smoke to yourself don't worry about it ,just keep a small amount under 1 ounce in california is a misdimenor
California - NORML (http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4525)
:rastasmoke:don't worry:rastasmoke:

Nailhead
03-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Just an observation, umm, but wouldn't it possibly be a better idea to spend some of that weed money on an attorney to work on your immigration status rather than sitting on your ass smoking yourself to sleep every night? I mean, you've been here 6 years illegally, and with Bush in office and a possible witch or crazed republican possibly being voted in, you might not even realistically be living here by next year. I have nothing against illegal immigrants, personally I believe we should have absolutely open borders and no regulation, but I'm saying you should be paying more to politics because there is a massive crackdown going on to kick out or dehumanize as many illegals as possible. If I were you, I wouldn't be able to sleep, even with the help of with any drugs, if I was facing the possibility of deportation. I mean, shit, do you really want to be at a co-op anyway when at any moment it can be raided in by the DEA? You think they aren't going to ask why you don't have any IDs? Come on dude, you're just playing with fire here!

Just my 2 cents

Mr. Clandestine
03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Just my 2 cents

Possible witch... crazed Republicans... open borders... dehumanizing illegals... give me a break.

Sounds to me like you're supportive of anarchy, and against any form of institutionalized laws. Our laws are this way for a reason, and if you abhor them so much, feel free to leave the country. It's not dehumanizing to deport an illegal immigrant back to their home country, it's due process of law. If you're from another country, being granted citizenship here is not a right... it's a privilege. Those who work for the privilege will generally get it, and those who don't will have an uncertain future in this country. It's pretty simple, really.

zzdank
03-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Possible witch... crazed Republicans... open borders... dehumanizing illegals... give me a break.

Sounds to me like you're supportive of anarchy, and against any form of institutionalized laws. Our laws are this way for a reason, and if you abhor them so much, feel free to leave the country. It's not dehumanizing to deport an illegal immigrant back to their home country, it's due process of law. If you're from another country, being granted citizenship here is not a right... it's a privilege. Those who work for the privilege will generally get it, and those who don't will have an uncertain future in this country. It's pretty simple, really.

Mr.tommy would like to say somthing about this YouTube - Cavuto getting whupped by Tommy Chong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EizOv6q-GvQ)

And am sorry to say that you need a ca id to get a mmj Try what storm crow said it might work at a cheaper clinic. If not just go buy from a dealer or grow your own if your mom lets you tho. :thumbsup:

Mr. Clandestine
03-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Mr.tommy would like to say somthing about this YouTube - Cavuto getting whupped by Tommy Chong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EizOv6q-GvQ)

Haha, that was a good clip... I can't deny that. I love Tommy Chong, too. If you watch it again, at around 4 minutes and 20 seconds into the clip, the interviewer asks Tommy if he's still getting high, and his response: "Absolutely." Not sure if that was intentional, but it is noteworthy!

Listen, I'm pretty moderate when it comes to immigration. I'm not advocating a wall, I'm not advocating shoot-on-sight mercenaries on the border... I'm just asking that the immigration laws of this country be respected. People can't come pouring into this country from all across the world, entering illegally, and expecting our government to grant them amnesty just because they're already here. That's not how the system works.

As for immigrants themselves, my grandparents immigrated here from Italy. I'm a third-generation immigrant. I have no issues with the topic of immigrants themselves, only for those who are too lazy to abide by the rules, and try to enter illegally. I respect the living hell out of this country, even with all of its flaws and seemingly inane laws (such as the 'drug war'). I don't feel that my tax dollars should be constantly spent on hospital bills for immigrants, prison costs for immigrants, welfare for immigrants, etc.

And to the OP, I believe citizenship is required to get a state issued MMJ card. Would it be worth looking into either reinstating your visa, or becoming a permanent citizen?

zzdank
03-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Haha, that was a good clip... I can't deny that. I love Tommy Chong, too. If you watch it again, at around 4 minutes and 20 seconds into the clip, the interviewer asks Tommy if he's still getting high, and his response: "Absolutely." Not sure if that was intentional, but it is noteworthy!

Listen, I'm pretty moderate when it comes to immigration. I'm not advocating a wall, I'm not advocating shoot-on-sight mercenaries on the border... I'm just asking that the immigration laws of this country be respected. People can't come pouring into this country from all across the world, entering illegally, and expecting our government to grant them amnesty just because they're already here. That's not how the system works.

As for immigrants themselves, my grandparents immigrated here from Italy. I'm a third-generation immigrant. I have no issues with the topic of immigrants themselves, only for those who are too lazy to abide by the rules, and try to enter illegally. I respect the living hell out of this country, even with all of its flaws and seemingly inane laws (such as the 'drug war'). I don't feel that my tax dollars should be constantly spent on hospital bills for immigrants, prison costs for immigrants, welfare for immigrants, etc.

And to the OP, I believe citizenship is required to get a state issued MMJ card. Would it be worth looking into either reinstating your visa, or becoming a permanent citizen?

Yea lol "Absolutely." That was so funny lol. I understand where you are coming from there should always be some kind of boundires. A country simply cannot support all the people that are coming to the US. Am not trying to sound like a dick am acctualy 1st generation american in my family. My mom and dad came here over18 years ago although they came legally.

Kottonmouth_Dude
03-06-2008, 08:00 AM
i came here legally. and we have a lawyer working on our citizenship. and im Not gunna smoke my self to fall asleep imma smoke it anyways might as well do it legally.