PDA

View Full Version : food compost for plants

legalize_it420_4ever
02-25-2008, 07:52 PM
just wondering if any1 knows the aproximate nute info of food compost and if its any good for plants my compost is mostly fruit and deli meat and coffe grinds will it b like a fertalizer or can i just use it as soil when i repot my plants for outside? anything i can add to it to make it better for my plants? any help would b great im just tryin to turn food thats gone bad into somethin useful basically lol

Treetops
02-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Legal,
I too make my own compost....leave out the meat and dairy products, fats and such...the meat draws flies while the compost is working....and I have found that critters will dig up your gardens if you have acccidently put some meat in the mix...:( so be advised...Composting tips (http://www.compostguide.com/composting_tips.html)

Good luck, in making your compost...

Peace,
Treetops :thumbsup:

legalize_it420_4ever
02-26-2008, 04:21 AM
theres billions of bugs around here my house is near a swamp lol i got tons of ant colonies on the property and wasps allways come to eat fruit off trees in my yard so i dont think im guna be able to keep bugs away without the meat but im not guna add nemore its chillin in my laundry room in a bucket for now but its not much yet theres no bugs in my house though is there anything elese that helps keep the buggs away? without chemicals or are they guna love it n b all over it either way theres tons of wildlife around here the other day i saw a wolf i thaught it was a dog but it woke up my buddy down the road in the middle of the night howling livin here is awsome lol my friends allways get eatin alive by the mosqitoes n blackflies but 4 some reason they never bother me much but i duno why another problem im guna run into is deer eatin my plants any way 2 deal with that bsides hunting them? i didnt think of this b4 but the meat will prolly attract racoons and other animals too farm catts n such lol there allways showin up on my deck skunks prolly too god damnit:( lol

legalize_it420_4ever
03-13-2008, 03:25 AM
what about adding old vitamins to the compost i found a few bottles of childrens chewable vitamins that looked like they were rotting would it be harmfulll to add them to compost? my compost bucket is goin good decomposing well with little smell thanks 4 the link n advice dude

texas grass
03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
plants
fruit vegetables
green plant material and dead plant material
manure from herbavoirs, not dogs cats or anything like that cause they can have parasites in their manure
humus
wet it down with compost teas

compost is about 1 of the best mediums you can give the plants along with alittle npk value its full of microbiology of life, water holding capabilities, its light. ect

Treetops
03-16-2008, 04:21 PM
legalize_it420_4ever,
You are most welcome....I also use my shredded paper as well...it all goes back to nature...

Thats your call on the Vitamins...but I would not...I try to keep all my additives things that I know what they are for the most part....

Peace,
Treetops :thumbsup: