PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Sativas

Illusion
02-22-2008, 06:41 AM
I was "blessed" with a tropical sativa. I didn't know what this all meant until I found out a little bit from some very helpful people and turned up a LITTLE bit of information reasearching on them.

Basically heres what I found out on Tropical Sativas:

1. They require high humidity during flowering (60-70%)
2. They require low nutrient strengths (max of 500ppm)
3. The low nutrient strength combined with the NPK of most nutrients will cause complications (too much N for the P-K)
4. They need an 11/13 or 10/14 light regime to flower properly

An ongoing problem of mine is that my plant is producing the bud sites, but it is just PISTIL and LEAF. I read that Tropical sativas eventually need to be on 10/14 light schedule or this will happen, the calyxs wont swell and you will just end up with hairs, thats it.

So I put my tropical girlie in 10/14 lighting, and got kool bloom 0-10-10 that I will be using solely. Nothing else, since its had way too much nitrogen already and caused delayed flowering and leaf clawing.

Does anyone else have anymore information on Tropical Sativas?

tha del sound
02-28-2008, 03:41 AM
do you know the name of this tropical sativa?

pauldiggity
02-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Is this just a sativa with a tropical/fruity sort of taste? I think I've seen that before...?

Or what about Maui Wowie, The Cannabible reads that it's a sativa, and Hawaii is quite tropical... Maybe there's some info there.