PDA

View Full Version : Flavouring your weed

QueBud
02-19-2005, 07:28 PM
This article is taken from an old timer growbook that i have and i thought i'd share it with you as it might be usefull to some.

"It is strongly advised that any flavourings be applied to only a sample,say a few joints worth.
Being stuck with a kilo of some drab flavor like avocado flavored weed may get to be a bit much,especialy in the bleakness of february.
Do only a bit at a time to see how you like it.

Most flavourings will fade away if exposed to air,so keep any flavoured cannabis in a tightly sealed jar,as a bag wont do.

Suggested flavourings

Bottled essences:
menthol,spearmint,vanilla,maple,peppermint,fruits. (smear some on to a cotton ball and put in the jar)

Real fruit:
lemon,lime,orange,grapefruit,apples.(use the peals only and put a little piece into jar)

Real flowers:
rose,lilas,fruit blossoms and other flowers.(put some in the jar)

Spices:
cinnamon,nutmeg,cloves,rosemary,camomille.(use a tea bag,cut a corner off and empty it and refill with spices and staple the corner and put in jar)

Spirits:
wine,port,sherry,wiskey.(smear some on to a cotton ball and put in the jar)

Flavouring mediums to avoid

When sugar burns,it burns hot and gives off a hot,black carbon smoke,to avoid a carbon smoke,it might be wise to stay clear of:

any soda pop,
maple syrup or sugar,
molasses,
Anything containing sugar."

Hope this helps,

QB

MedicalMarijuana
03-13-2005, 05:19 AM
flavoring is done to the root media

QueBud
03-13-2005, 02:10 PM
That is not what this thread is about,its about flavouring your weed after drying and curing.

QB

Revelation
04-01-2005, 03:36 AM
That is not what this thread is about,its about flavouring your weed after drying and curing.

QB

True. Nice thread. You can also try dipping the freshly harvested buds in oils that you can make out of many of those ingredients. Then you let them cure and dry as normal. It is similar to how they add flavor to certain fine cigars.

Canola oil is cheap but has a slight after taste. Its not to bad if you use the right medium along with it. Ive even hear of olive oil used with italian herbs like oregano, rosemary, basil, etc. It is said to make certain strains (the more earthy flavored ones) take like pasta or pizza. In general, you try to bring out the buds inate flavoring. If its sweet, you use fruits, or citrus. If is floral, use flowers, and so on.

There are also oils that they make specificaly for curing cigars, but they are more expensive to buy. They are also harder to find, unless to have a high end cigar shop nearby.

Endless Smoker
04-03-2005, 03:58 AM
Not to be rude, but weed taste's good just as it is

BobBong
04-03-2005, 10:22 PM
I agree.. if you have to flavour your weed after you harvest. you're doin something wrong
however, if you doin it just to get the flavour of...whatever it is you're flavouring it with. i certainly wouldn't flavour an entire harvest.. and if you HAVE to flavour your weed because you just can't smoke it the way it is.. then you're growin shitty weed.

either way.. there's some different methods of tryin it..

kuulbns
04-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Here's what I did that I liked,..I put 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves and some tangerine peel in a piece of cotton fabric, tied it at the top and set it in my jar, it did improve the flavor a lot.

hubblebubble
04-19-2005, 08:39 AM
let it grow natural

down.in.the.dirt
08-13-2005, 01:07 AM
okay, i am currently flavouring my weed. i put lemon peel without the inner white peel on it inside a plastic bag, rolled it tight and sealed it with about 2 grams of weed inside. Can anyone tell me if this work, or is the fact that it is not in a jar just ruin it and make my efforts pointless? and how long should the weed stay in the jar (or bag) with the peel?

-down.in.the.dirt-

latewood
08-13-2005, 01:36 AM
okay, i am currently flavouring my weed. i put lemon peel without the inner white peel on it inside a plastic bag, rolled it tight and sealed it with about 2 grams of weed inside. Can anyone tell me if this work, or is the fact that it is not in a jar just ruin it and make my efforts pointless? and how long should the weed stay in the jar (or bag) with the peel?

-down.in.the.dirt-it might mold

down.in.the.dirt
08-13-2005, 09:21 PM
so in a jar, it definately won't mold? and how long do you think it would take for mold to start? and does anyone know how long to keep the peel in with the weed?

nomadherbman
08-14-2005, 12:08 AM
just watch it like a hawk.....

take the bud out fo the jar and if it smells like it your good to go.

also, buy an ounce of schwag.. de seed it and do the same....then sell it as headies for 3 times the price....

stickygreenlightsabr
08-14-2005, 07:18 AM
Then get shanked in an alley for trying to sell baking soda as coke.

down.in.the.dirt
08-14-2005, 07:16 PM
yeah, ok I made a big mistake, i didn't watch it and it molded cause i left it in too long. yeah im one of those people who doesn't have a very good perception of time and it molded cause i left peel in the bag for like 3 or 4 days..i really have no clue how long it was in there..and so i totally screwed up and wasted like almost 2 grams of weed.im so ashamed, and I AM NEVER doing that again.

sheist
08-17-2005, 05:58 AM
hmm...

okay say i wanted apple flavored weed...

I did a post about this a while ago n was told to put the fruit in the soil 2weeks into flowering (if i'm correct)

could this idea work? ->
put the apple into a grinder.. like a mixer.. put it in a pot.. then fill with water n boil..
i figured the idea might be able to do somethin, as boiling it will/should release the flavor, like boiling chicken makes chicken broth..

now take into mind i'm goin hydroponic...

when the water is cooled, use it to to water the plants during the flowering... possibly in veg too?

sheist
08-17-2005, 06:15 AM
I agree.. if you have to flavour your weed after you harvest. you're doin something wrong

ur taking this all wrong, we're not doin this to mask our fuckups.. we're doin this recreationally.. kinda like how u see flavored tobacco, etc..

i put lemon peel without the inner white peel on it inside a plastic bag, rolled it tight and sealed it with about 2 grams of weed inside.
this was where u went wrong.. when ur harvesting, u dryin the weed.. now ur attempts to dry the weed failed because u put lemon peels in it.. they contain moisture, u basically overdosed it and kept it in there..

it did improve the flavor a lot.
....ok... but did it taste like the cinnamon, etc..? was it noticeable? like "oh wow.. this shit taste liek cinnamon!" ???

I'll try out the "broth" way i mentioned, then do the apple peel curing thing as well (if the plant turns out unaffected),

Krippysmoker
11-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Well now the easiest way to flavor your flowers can be found in any High Times magazine. They sell these drops that you put on your dried ready to smoke buds. I personally have not tried them but I have friends that swear its delicious....and theres like 20 flavors to choose from. Its called Tasty Puff and it sells for 6 bottles of flavor for 25.00 To many to list. Web site is

WWW.TASTYPUFF.COM

hubblebubble
11-24-2005, 01:33 PM
THAT IS SUCH A LOAD OF BULLSHIT A PLANT SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPRESS ITS NATURAL FLAVOURS NOT GIVING IT STUFF TO FLAVOUR IT

turtle420
11-24-2005, 03:19 PM
THAT IS SUCH A LOAD OF BULLSHIT A PLANT SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPRESS ITS NATURAL FLAVOURS NOT GIVING IT STUFF TO FLAVOUR IT

ur taking this all wrong, we're not doin this to mask our fuckups.. we're doin this recreationally.. kinda like how u see flavored tobacco, etc..

[gotta put this... "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters."]

Bspectral
11-26-2005, 08:14 AM
The sweeter and the fresher oranges are then even rind included ,pieces that are good for a nice sealed 3 days,then remove piece
(s),give buds a good warm dry dark burp ,then new slice(s) added giving the curing buds another 3 sweetened days until the next dry burp. Dry burp at least 6 hours before adding a new sweet slice of orange in the seled container for a cold fridge,2-3 days then dry burp 12 hours,2 days then dry burp 18 hours,and buds have orange smell and taste sweetly added to the soon smokable buds. Try 1/8 orange slice with about 1oz . mmm its a fine memory how the buds burnedback slowjuicy and orangyllike when I did the cure recipe with a freshharvested plant .I'l give another plant the treatment someday 'and most liking orange are sure to love it licking lips of some added orangeness.

Tardis
11-29-2008, 08:33 AM
I went on flavouring my weed for fun
Orange, Blueberry,vanilla

Basically i have some empty Spice Gold, Diamond, Silver packets.
they are made from foil, and they are smell proof.

I got myself '3' Nuggets and placed each one into the spice packets.
Added an orange peel to one,

Added 4 slightly damaged blueberry's (to release flavor)

Added some drops of 'Vanilla essence'.

Take out the orange peel once its Dried. this takes no longer than a few days.

The blueberry's you have to watch because of the High Moisture content.
but a few days should be fine.

The vanilla you have to keep adding small drops to the bud. as it Soaks it up when it drys.

The buds should of swelt up. and giving the appearance of bigger bud.
:thumbsup:

SirHashaLot
11-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Try This:
This works equally well with some bud that is already dry, but when we used to dry weed in a car window or on the deck or whatever, if you put in in a paper bag (don't close the ends) with a bit of any kind of fruit (banana, mango etc..) the weed will take on a nice smooth recognizable hint of the fruity essence...

Since most people who smoke like to experiment, this is a good way to flavor some herb without messing it up or spraying it with something...

By the way, if you smoke a lot, then you need this - ELEV8 (http://www.elev8me.info)

axxxxe
12-13-2008, 04:35 PM
When using citrus peel you use only the skin which contains oils you need to trim off all the white pith from the peel it makes it almost translucent. This shouldnt mold. It works well to moisten overly dry material also. Lemon and lime for that uncola flavor.

stevemeade
07-10-2010, 07:12 PM
yo r u stupid, why dont you look up nutmag, it can get u high and it can kill u. i hate you ignorante fucks that think ya now wat ur talking about i wonde3r how many people hav gotten sick cause of ur shit addvice

stevemeade
07-10-2010, 07:16 PM
This article is taken from an old timer growbook that i have and i thought i'd share it with you as it might be usefull to some.

"It is strongly advised that any flavourings be applied to only a sample,say a few joints worth.
Being stuck with a kilo of some drab flavor like avocado flavored weed may get to be a bit much,especialy in the bleakness of february.

Most flavourings will fade away if exposed to air,so keep any flavoured cannabis in a tightly sealed jar,as a bag wont do.

Suggested flavourings

Bottled essences:
menthol,spearmint,vanilla,maple,peppermint,fruits. (smear some on to a cotton ball and put in the jar)

Real fruit:
lemon,lime,orange,grapefruit,apples.(use the peals only and put a little piece into jar)

Real flowers:

Spices:
cinnamon,nutmeg,cloves,rosemary,camomille.(use a tea bag,cut a corner off and empty it and refill with spices and staple the corner and put in jar)

Spirits:

When sugar burns,it burns hot and gives off a hot,black carbon smoke,to avoid a carbon smoke,it might be wise to stay clear of:

any soda pop,
maple syrup or sugar,
molasses,

Hope this helps,

QB

In low doses nutmeg produces no noticeable physiological or neurological response, but large doses cause symptoms and harm.

Nutmeg contains myristicin, a weak monoamine oxidase inhibitor. Myristicin poisoning can induce convulsions, palpitations, nausea, eventual dehydration, and generalized body pain[7]. It is also reputed to be a strong deliriant.[8]

Fatal myristicin poisonings in humans are very rare, but two have been reported, in an 8-year-old child[9] and a 55-year-old adult, the latter case attributed to a combination with flunitrazepam. [10].

Myristicin poisoning is potentially deadly to some pets and livestock, and may be caused by culinary quantities of nutmeg harmless to humans. For this reason, for example, it is recommended not to feed eggnog to dogs

stevemeade
07-10-2010, 07:19 PM

Suggested flavourings

Bottled essences:

Real fruit:

Real flowers:

Spices:

Spirits:

any soda pop,
maple syrup or sugar,
molasses,

Hope this helps,

QB

no sugar eh' well if u were not retarded u would now that fruit has sugar in it, y r people so ignorante, if ya dont now wtf ur talking about then dont say anything!

ForgetClassC
07-10-2010, 07:33 PM

Suggested flavourings

Bottled essences:

Real fruit:

Real flowers:

Spices:

Spirits:

any soda pop,
maple syrup or sugar,
molasses,

Hope this helps,

QB

Lol.

-C

seventhchild
07-10-2010, 08:13 PM
yo r u stupid, why dont you look up nutmag, it can get u high and it can kill u. i hate you ignorante fucks that think ya now wat ur talking about i wonde3r how many people hav gotten sick cause of ur shit addvice [whats that smell?]I never would have read this garbage if YOU hadn't removed it from its grave.CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES , GET A SPELL CHECKER ,AND JOIN US IN THE HERE AND NOW.i'm pretty sure no one believes that " get high off banana peels"stuff from the 70"s.

Kemo
10-21-2011, 04:51 AM
I today just purchased some orange flavored kush and it got the job done, but it was more smell then flavor. I put the remaining bud in the bag and then into a honey jar and it still seemed to diffuse the scent. So I was going to re-flavor it wth whatever fruit I decide. Leaning more to orange or blueberry. I'll take pictures if anyone is interested how well it worked ect. But hopefully the flavor will be more prevalent. What is a better jar to use though for this god forbig my honey jar leaks the flavor or makes my room smell of weed. :dance: