PDA

View Full Version : What music/background noise do you read with?

bhouncy
02-18-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm not the most voracious reader and I'm easily distracted. I'm not really good at reading in public with so much going on around me. I can't read with the television on for the same reason. I can't read with the radio on if someone is talking so that only leaves music. The less vocals the better. I found a good station on digital radio that has very little if any chat and most of the music instrumental. It is aptly named CHILL!

Anyway here is a tune that goes perfect with the book I'm reading at the moment.

YouTube - Welcome to Europe - Squarepusher (http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=eAFWMIgLIgs)

Ghengis Chron
02-29-2008, 04:07 AM
I like to listen to classical music when I'm studying. Sometimes a little Pink Floyd, sometimes some trip hop. I agree though, music without lyrics is easier to study to.

zeitgeist
02-29-2008, 08:38 PM
I cant do classical. For some reason I study extremely well with hiphop like Jedi Mind Tricks

jessem98
03-03-2008, 05:19 AM
I cant do classical. For some reason I study extremely well with hiphop like Jedi Mind Tricks

jedi mind tricks is sick.. thats some quality rap.

slantedcorners
04-12-2008, 11:42 PM
I listen to spacey stuff...King Crimson, Floyd, or "Loveless" (My Bloody Valentine) and "Psychocandy" (Jesus and Mary Chain) are good albums too. I remember listening solely to J&MC while reading "American Psycho" and it was seriously awesome.