PDA

View Full Version : Medical Marijuana Bill Advances

Psycho4Bud
02-15-2008, 12:13 PM
HONOLULU -- A medical marijuana measure is moving forward at the state Capitol, even after Gov. Linda Lingle said it was meaningless and wouldn't become law.

The trimmed-down marijuana proposal doubles the amount of plants patients would be allowed to grow from seven to 14, with each plant allowed to produce up to one ounce of marijuana.

Lawmakers backed off from other changes in marijuana laws such as creating a state-run growing facility and honoring other states' medical marijuana certificates

In a speech this month, Lingle criticized media coverage of the issue and said the bill "is meaningless to our lives" because it wouldn't survive, and she said that the state has more important issues with which to deal.

The measure passed the House Health Committee on Wednesday and now advances to another House committee for review.
Medical Marijuana Bill Advances - Hawaii News Story - KITV Honolulu (http://www.kitv.com/news/15306934/detail.html)

Looks like Hawaii needs a new governor.

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

killerweed420
02-15-2008, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't say it was meaningless. The nore of these bills that get passed,even if they are superficial, the more the word gets out that the public is tired of babysitting the feds and its time to move on the issue at a federal level.

StickyfingahZ
02-15-2008, 09:54 PM
I dont know about that growing facility...I just wish we had some caregivers here on Oahu!
...or some caregiovers I could find.lol